Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
You don't think so? Think back to what your v1.0 game was like, then think about what it is like at v2.03. Make a mental note of the differences.

Now look here

I'd say that they've had a good go at implementing quite a bit of what this very site has requested.

You're probably right, I think this site may be is an influence on GT, and what they probably hear from their website mail as well as those of us who have gone to Sony even. The point Vaxx is making is that there is a lack of transparency, though the game has changed PD seem to take and watch us in a covert fashion (if they're at all paying attention) and seem to surprise us rather than tell us in advance about stuff like some would want. Or better yet directly talk to the fans one on one and set up polls or something to help their direction and make a game they like but also one the fans can learn to like more. I'm fine with them suprising us though to be honest.

I still doubt Bathurst is coming, but stranger things have happened. I heard from other people rumors of a pikes peak once it is done being paved.

It is clear though, there is no current proof that Bathurst will come to the GT series, yet.

No, that is why I specified it might come. Considering how many users want it, I suppose it may eventually show up.

You're probably right, I think this site may be is an influence on GT, and what they probably hear from their website mail as well as those of us who have gone to Sony even. The point Vaxx is making is that there is a lack of transparency, though the game has changed PD seem to take and watch us in a covert fashion (if they're at all paying attention) and seem to surprise us rather than tell us in advance about stuff like some would want. Or better yet directly talk to the fans one on one and set up polls or something to help their direction and make a game they like but also one the fans can learn to like more. I'm fine with them suprising us though to be honest.

I still doubt Bathurst is coming, but stranger things have happened. I heard from other people rumors of a pikes peak once it is done being paved.

YES!!! PD or Sony does have a connection with this site, READ here.!!! :D

Last edited:
YES!!! PD or Sony does have a connection with this site, READ here.!!! :D

I know Skython I saw you already tell Vaxx, I'm really more focusing on the second part of my paragraph. Also you're right, because a new user comes in out of no where gives us exclusive insight about this DLC in their first post. Kinda weird, so I'm sure beside the top tier (mods) having a connection, PD may have people on the forum at one time or another.

New member here first post. I have been viewing these forums for a while now but only recently signed up. I came across this post. And I am currently in Bathurst watching the 12 hour and I was speaking to a Bathurst resident that has contacts whitin the council and various Motorsport personal. ( happens to be brother in law) he told me that a polyphony crew of some sort was in Bathurst this past Wednesday taking various photos and were driving around in a vehicle much like a google earth car taking measurents. So it could be sooner then later for a Bathurst track DLC

Froudeybrand
New member here first post. I have been viewing these forums for a while now but only recently signed up. I came across this post. And I am currently in Bathurst watching the 12 hour and I was speaking to a Bathurst resident that has contacts whitin the council and various Motorsport personal. ( happens to be brother in law) he told me that a polyphony crew of some sort was in Bathurst this past Wednesday taking various photos and were driving around in a vehicle much like a google earth car taking measurents. So it could be sooner then later for a Bathurst track DLC

Thats awesome if it was them! It is probably for Gt6 but fingers crossed for GT5 DLC, and welcome! 👍

If that is true and they are only at the photo taking stage then it won't be ready for months, and likely GT6 material rather than GT5 DLC.

If that is true and they are only at the photo taking stage then it won't be ready for months, and likely GT6 material rather than GT5 DLC.

Didn't they say something like 2 years for a track?
That said it may be GT5 DLC cause that is WAY too soon for PD to finish another GT ;)

I dont think it takes 2 years for a track. Kaz said the test track was inspired by the docks near the new studio. How long have they been there. Thought that was a recent move?

I dont think it takes 2 years for a track. Kaz said the test track was inspired by the docks near the new studio. How long have they been there. Thought that was a recent move?

They moved after the tsunami so it was less than a year.

That was a really basic track though, for most of it there is no scenery or it's all mirrored. For a track like Bathurst there is much, much more to model and design. Still, that '2 years' quote is just like the '6 months' quote for making a car. They're talking individual man hours, not how long it actually takes in real time. It should be pretty obvious since if they were talking real time we'd have two tracks and 10 cars in GT5.

So if it takes 1 man 2 years to build it 2 men could build it in a year, 4 men in 6 months, 8 men in 3 months. You get the idea.

you sir deserve a free premium account.

Great track, and to add a suggestion/complain (since every post here must have one) I hope they also add dubai autodrome as a result of the GT academy team achieving a podium finish, which its GP layout happens to be one of my personal favorites of all time.

Real world tracks take longer because the details have to be correct. Fictional tracks can take no time at all because you don't have to match anything to how it is in the real world.

I'd see it being for GT6 instead of GT5 DLC, unless PD is still putting effort into GT5 two years from now. At some point they have to put GT5 to the side and move on to the next game.

And that proves what?

Other then the huge surprise that I'm actually going to see this on Speed TV, I didn't see anything.

Yeah, that's quite shocking in itself. It's NASCAR week and they're going to show real racing.

Hoping the Phoenix crew can do it again.

Jason_B
Yeah, that's quite shocking in itself. It's NASCAR week and they're going to show real racing.

Hoping the Phoenix crew can do it again.

I can't find the race in their schedule.. Any help? Oh and regarding a post about PD at Bathrust, that's awesome! I hope we here something soon.

That was a really basic track though, for most of it there is no scenery or it's all mirrored. For a track like Bathurst there is much, much more to model and design. Still, that '2 years' quote is just like the '6 months' quote for making a car. They're talking individual man hours, not how long it actually takes in real time. It should be pretty obvious since if they were talking real time we'd have two tracks and 10 cars in GT5.

So if it takes 1 man 2 years to build it 2 men could build it in a year, 4 men in 6 months, 8 men in 3 months. You get the idea.

No they don't Simon, if they did we wouldn't have to keep doing this song and dance every week.

I too hope Bathurst comes soon and I hope that news is true about PD being there. Maybe just maybe it will start a chain reaction and a flood of Aussie content that the game has needed for years, and I'm not just talking GT5.

From the iRacing forums(quote extracted from raceonoz.com )...
[q]2/20/2012 3:29 p.m. Gran Turismo gets the Bathurst treatment
John Emerson[/q]

[q]Club: Australia/NZ
They're filming up on the mount next week, not sure what exactly, but after getting a confirmation that they purchased a licence to use it in their game recently looks like they're getting straight into it.
Makes me wonder just what exactly it is they're doing up here, whether its just a lap of the track being filmed and they're going to build the track from that or whether its something more intricate. Perhaps iRacing should take note. [/q]

As another poster there has mentioned that with Nissan coming back to the V8 Supercar series due to the 'Blueprint' initiative, it makes sense.

Last edited:
After abit of googling and alike I found this it was on an iracing forum titled "gt5 to get Bathurst treatment"
* * * * ** They're filming up on the mount next week, not sure what exactly, but after getting a confirmation that they purchased a licence to use it in their game recently looks like they're getting straight into it.
Makes me wonder just what exactly it is they're doing up here, whether its just a lap of the track being filmed and they're going to build the track from that or whether its something more intricate. Perhaps iRacing should take note.

So might have stumbled upon a hosk or something that might have some merit.

From the iRacing forums(quote extracted from raceonoz.com )...

As another poster there has mentioned that with Nissan coming back to the V8 Supercar series due to the 'Blueprint' initiative, it makes sense.

Exactly, I made this connection a week and a half ago. When Nissan brought themselves back into the fold for 2013 V8 Supercars, one could assume with safety that PD would follow suit and start bringing in a track or tracks raced in the series. I'm sure once the Nissan car is revealed a test version may be added to GT5. This being due to the obvious partnership of Nissan and PD.

So to say that the biggest track of the year, the Le Mans of V8 Supercars isn't going to be added is a stance one should look hard and long at before coming to. Also with people coming out and saying that they saw PD in the area and if that builds there may be a chance that PD just says "yes we're working on that track as well as other stuff from the region"

Hopefully this is true and we do get Bathurst.. Hope they dont mess it up :nervous:

Someone should confront him on twitter and ask if a rep was in Bathurst speaking to council recently...

Hopefully this is true and we do get Bathurst.. Hope they dont mess it up :nervous:

Someone should confront him on twitter and ask if a rep was in Bathurst speaking to council recently...

Why would they mess it up? Which other international tracks have they messed up?

Latest Posts

Back