GT5 Car Catalogue 2.15 [5908 cars / 2654 chips / released Jan, 21st]

• Thread starter Duck
  • 429 comments

Which version of the catalogue are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did not mean to make your work harder. If support for an offline document version has become too difficult or something others don't want, you need not continue it for me. I have already ported 75% of the sheet out to Excel. As for the migration sheet, of course it is for LO/OO. It was support for "missing chips," "ownership breakdown," and "collectible cars" that I was concerned with. I didn't want to have to dig in and write those formulas myself if I didn't have to. Call me lazy. :)

EDIT: Check your conditional formatting for "WIP." When I copied it over it was set for white text on white background.

:) As for offline doc support, it's quiet independent from your needings. Poll results say that more than a half of the whole community needs it, so I released the 2.12 in all formats at the same time. Also, it's not that much work for me, so I don't see problems even if you are the only one that use it :lol:
As for missing chips, own. br and coll. cars formulas, isn't it easier if you use libreoffice for managing the sheets? Also, I knew that last ms office suites have full open document support :guilty: Am I wrong?

About the wip conditional formatting. Are you asking about the open document file?

Thank you for your feedback, every time very precious for me :cheers:

:) As for offline doc support, it's quiet independent from your needings. Poll results say that more than a half of the whole community needs it, so I released the 2.12 in all formats at the same time. Also, it's not that much work for me, so I don't see problems even if you are the only one that use it :lol:

I appreciate it.

As for missing chips, own. br and coll. cars formulas, isn't it easier if you use libreoffice for managing the sheets? Also, I knew that last ms office suites have full open document support :guilty: Am I wrong?

MS and LO/OO define "support" very differently. If by support you mean that you can see the document in a "open" dialog box, then MS is perfect. If by "support" you mean to actually have the sheet function after being opened in Excel....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. All Excel can do is drop values. I have yet to see it be able to import formulas successfully from and .ods file or even a file that Google downloads "As Excel...".

About the wip conditional formatting. Are you asking about the open document file?

The Google Docs version. It may have been anomaly in my copy only.

Thank you for your feedback, every time very precious for me :cheers:

Feedback...complaining. Such a fine line. :)

EDIT: The following cars seem to be missing an accompanying note on why they are collectible:

Opel Speedster Turbo '00 (1)
Toyota Altezza Gita AS300 '01
Toyota Aristo V300 '00 (1)
Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01 (1)

Last edited:
The Google Docs version. It may have been anomaly in my copy only.

EDIT: The following cars seem to be missing an accompanying note on why they are collectible:

Opel Speedster Turbo '00 (1)
Toyota Altezza Gita AS300 '01
Toyota Aristo V300 '00 (1)
Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01 (1)

The white WIP is intentional. About the 4 car descriptions, I'll update it soon.

Just to let you know there appears to be 2 shades to the Lotus Ruby Metallic, a darker shade and a lighter shade. I was checking it against your database and it don't appear to be there. Paint P1346!!!

EDIT: 2 different colour chips

EDIT 2: Mercury has 2 different colour chips for Cumberland Beige too, a darker and lighter chip P1554

EDIT 3: Toyota's Blueish Grey Metallic has 2 different colour chips, light and dark chip, also which isn't listed in your chip database P2379

EDIT 4: Vauxhalls' Flame Red also has 2 different colour chips, lighter and darker P2461

Last edited:
Just to let you know there appears to be 2 shades to the Lotus Ruby Metallic, a darker shade and a lighter shade. I was checking it against your database and it don't appear to be there. Paint P1346!!!

EDIT: 2 different colour chips

EDIT 2: Mercury has 2 different colour chips for Cumberland Beige too, a darker and lighter chip P1554

EDIT 3: Toyota's Blueish Grey Metallic has 2 different colour chips, light and dark chip, also which isn't listed in your chip database P2379

EDIT 4: Vauxhalls' Flame Red also has 2 different colour chips, lighter and darker P2461

I'd like to have a copy of each of that paints in my papero1974 account. What can I do for you?

The Mercury chip is unexpected. It was supposed that unique cars only have one chip associated to them :scared:
I know people who would eat their hat for knowing this.

I'd like to have a copy of each of that paints in my papero1974 account. What can I do for you?

The Mercury chip is unexpected. It was supposed that unique cars only have one chip associated to them :scared:
I know people who would eat their hat for knowing this.

Did you want both chips from each one or just the extra one?

I think I've proved them wrong :lol:

Both. I've no ways to say you which one I need ;)

I have sent you both now. I don't want anything in return, just helping you and your database out. The cumberland beige chip appears to be the same colour now so I don't know if that was prior to the update or not but I swear it was different the other day

Seat: Imola Yellow. Disappeared again after update!!!!!!???????

I have sent you both now. I don't want anything in return, just helping you and your database out. The cumberland beige chip appears to be the same colour now so I don't know if that was prior to the update or not but I swear it was different the other day

Thank you very much for chips and catalogue contribution. I started checking and adding to db.

EDIT. Added to 2.13 WIP as follows:
Flame Red Solid Vauxhall orange chip, brighter shade P2461a (the P2461 has red chip)
Bluish Gray Metallic Metallic Toyota blue-grey chip, darker shade P2379a (the P2379 has grey chip)
Ruby Metallic Metallic Lotus dark red chip, same shade P1346a (the P1346 has bright red chip)

Last edited:
Seat: Imola Yellow. Disappeared again after update!!!!!!???????

Thank you very much for chips and catalogue contribution. I started checking and adding to db.

EDIT. Added to 2.13 WIP as follows:
Flame Red Solid Vauxhall orange chip, brighter shade P2461a (the P2461 has red chip)
Bluish Gray Metallic Metallic Toyota blue-grey chip, darker shade P2379a (the P2379 has grey chip)
Ruby Metallic Metallic Lotus dark red chip, same shade P1346a (the P1346 has bright red chip)

No worries. I shall keep an eye open for others as well and keep you informed

I don't know if this happened after 2.06 but I just found a "white" solid paint chip under the Gran Turismo manufacturer on my list of paints.

Sorry if this is old news.

I see, thanks for clearing that up 👍

BTW, Do you know which car gives this paint chip?

Last edited:
Brilliant spreadsheet Duck.

The Seat Ibiza in Imola Yellow - I received the chip when purchased from the UCD. I expect you will want someone to confirm...

Brilliant spreadsheet Duck.

The Seat Ibiza in Imola Yellow - I received the chip when purchased from the UCD. I expect you will want someone to confirm...

After one of the last updates (maybe 2.05), the yellow Seat started gifting its chip (it didn't it before).
I had 2 chips in my main account: one gifted by a friend, one gained re-purchasing or transfering the Ibiza from another account. The chips just disappeared. I'd like to have feedback from you: do you still have the Imola Yellow in your browser?

Thank you.

Duck
After one of the last updates (maybe 2.05), the yellow Seat started gifting its chip (it didn't it before).
I had 2 chips in my main account: one gifted by a friend, one gained re-purchasing or transfering the Ibiza from another account. The chips just disappeared. I'd like to have feedback from you: do you still have the Imola Yellow in your browser?

Thank you.

I lost the won I had...

You are right - the Seat Imola Yellow has diasappeared. I only have Audi Imola Yellow's left.

Additional comment:
You have removed "Red Mica Metallic" for the "Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98". The "Toyota Corolla Levin BZ-R '98" also has a "Red Mica Metallic", but not a "Super Red II" (which the Sprinter does). These are identical cars (according to the descriptions), so should be the same colours.
I have not got a Levin for comparison (am waiting for the UCD), but am suspicious...

... Ralph

Something I just found out, but maybe it's already common knowledge: it is possible to sort paint chips by make. If you go into Items, and then Tickets and sort by Type, then come back to the list of Items (by pressing O) and go into Paints, they will be sorted by Make. You'll notice that none of the "Sort by" options are selected.

Not sure how useful it can be, though, since the Make is not displayed.

I lost the won I had...

You are right - the Seat Imola Yellow has diasappeared. I only have Audi Imola Yellow's left.

Additional comment:
You have removed "Red Mica Metallic" for the "Toyota Sprinter Trueno BZ-R '98". The "Toyota Corolla Levin BZ-R '98" also has a "Red Mica Metallic", but not a "Super Red II" (which the Sprinter does). These are identical cars (according to the descriptions), so should be the same colours.
I have not got a Levin for comparison (am waiting for the UCD), but am suspicious...

... Ralph
So we lost a chip :grumpy:
But why they did it? Why keep the Jaguar XJR9 purple, which obviously was a mistake, and delete the Seat one? I think they forgot to merge 2.06 code with some lines of code of the previous update :indiff:
About the Toyota, I'll investigate this. Thanks.

Something I just found out, but maybe it's already common knowledge: it is possible to sort paint chips by make. If you go into Items, and then Tickets and sort by Type, then come back to the list of Items (by pressing O) and go into Paints, they will be sorted by Make. You'll notice that none of the "Sort by" options are selected.

Not sure how useful it can be, though, since the Make is not displayed.

Sorting paints needs a life for my main account. Better filtering by make, then sorting.

I stumbled upon this by accident, the Ford GT '02 Yellow / Black Stripes (ID C1400) is not tradeable I assume, or am I wrong?

Nice work, very helpful. 👍

I stumbled upon this by accident, the Ford GT '02 Yellow / Black Stripes (ID C1400) is not tradeable I assume, or am I wrong?

Nice work, very helpful. 👍

It is not tradeable. It is the concept car of the Ford GT series and so it is 1,000,000 credits

Amazing work! Thanks so much for making it available. I've only just recently started playing more attention to my garage than simply 'have I got this model yet or not', and this is a great resource.

In cataloging, I've found a few things possibly worth mentioning. I've read through the thread, and didn't notice them being mentioned, but if so, my apologies for dup info.

-- I've got two color variations of Ferrari - Nuovo Grigio Ingrid. One is a darkish grey, and the other is a much lighter tan.

-- The Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74 - Royal Blue is listed as "?" under gift in the car variation database; I can confirm it gives its paint chip on purchase. You could buy it from the OCD in the last update. Similarly, Jensen - Royal Blue is listed as "Gift Only" in the paint database, but it comes with the car.

-- The Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - Cortez Silver Metallic also lists "?", and I can confirm it gives it's paint chip on purchase (it's currently on the OCD).

-- Also, I think I've found a third Toyota - Red Mica Metallic variation, but it's on my other account, so I'll have to get back with details later.

And some minor questions: TVR appears after Toyota on the car variation page, but before Toyota on the paint page; and how come pearl is listed before metallic on the paint page? Is that an international difference? And are the cars that drop specific paint variations listed in the database? Like an Alfa 147 drops the lighter Rosso Alfa paint chip and an Alfa Giulia Sprint drops the darker Rosso Alfa paint chip (hypothetically). Not super important, but it'd make collecting easier (I'm trying to record as I go along, but it's hard to know which variation is which sometimes).

And again, thanks so much for your work :)

Amazing work! Thanks so much for making it available. I've only just recently started playing more attention to my garage than simply 'have I got this model yet or not', and this is a great resource.

In cataloging, I've found a few things possibly worth mentioning. I've read through the thread, and didn't notice them being mentioned, but if so, my apologies for dup info.

-- I've got two color variations of Ferrari - Nuovo Grigio Ingrid. One is a darkish grey, and the other is a much lighter tan.

-- The Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74 - Royal Blue is listed as "?" under gift in the car variation database; I can confirm it gives its paint chip on purchase. You could buy it from the OCD in the last update. Similarly, Jensen - Royal Blue is listed as "Gift Only" in the paint database, but it comes with the car.

-- The Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - Cortez Silver Metallic also lists "?", and I can confirm it gives it's paint chip on purchase (it's currently on the OCD).

-- Also, I think I've found a third Toyota - Red Mica Metallic variation, but it's on my other account, so I'll have to get back with details later.

And some minor questions: TVR appears after Toyota on the car variation page, but before Toyota on the paint page; and how come pearl is listed before metallic on the paint page? Is that an international difference? And are the cars that drop specific paint variations listed in the database? Like an Alfa 147 drops the lighter Rosso Alfa paint chip and an Alfa Giulia Sprint drops the darker Rosso Alfa paint chip (hypothetically). Not super important, but it'd make collecting easier (I'm trying to record as I go along, but it's hard to know which variation is which sometimes).

And again, thanks so much for your work :)
Thank you neocactar!

- Nuovo Grigio Ingrid: indeed! There are chip paint we still have to discover. A good field would be premium cars, as I and other collectors rarely buy all of the variations. I often found that premium car chips differs from standard cars (same paint colour, of course). I'll buy these (4?) Ferrari to find the new chip 👍
- The ? under gift, and empty space under UCD simply mean I still have to see that car in my UCD (after about 4000 game days of continous monitoring, done by me and my partners in the UCD database thread). I still have to see about 100 standard cars in UCD. It means you only can access these chips through gifting :) .... maybe, until you find them in UCD :crazy:
- The cars vs paint order is an heritage of original paint chip list, wrote by Tornadoalley. The pearl before metallic.... too, I think. In my (italian) copy of GT5, checking paint filter, I've:
solido
metallico
perla
variazione colore
opaco (matte)
cromato ;)
- The sourcing of specific paint variations it's a work I still have to start, so I've no unshared resources here :) I'm extra busy with work, recently, and also my post count here is lowering. This... until my chief decide I only can manage ONE work (this week... I hope).

Thank you for questions. Keep the interest high! :cheers:

Back