GT5 Credit Grinding Guide

• Thread starter Dracolich
  • 103 comments
gz
for green hell lovers like, may I suggest to go Schwatzwald-league-b for a Nurburgring race as soon as you get lvl 20 ?

it's surely slower than indy oval races, but gives a fair amount of cr. an exp. and it is definitly more fun ...
as of now, I'm heading to get some german group C or LMP just to grind credits while both keeping clear from oval-shaped tracks and training on my fave and gt most varied circuit.

+1 to that. Doing it on my 440hp CSL. Chasing down the Ring' hunting Audi R8s is damn fun! :D And dangerous! And takes 8mins for 59 grand.

The Dream Car lvl 24 event has the Indy with 10 laps, and about 9500xp, I believe. Pretty good deal compared to the 5 lap Indy event.

Professional. Super Car Event. Daytona, 3 Laps around 2 min. Cr 17,300 and 739 XP, no right turn at all. lol

Hey guys, I got a fully modded ZR1 to start the grinding at Indy but my lap times are sooo slow!! (49s) what assist set-up are you guys using to get into 42s? also my car wont even go over 213mph. What the heck is going on?

Professional. Super Car Event. Daytona, 3 Laps around 2 min. Cr 17,300 and 739 XP, no right turn at all. lol

In b-spec this gives CR 15,000(ish) for 6 laps, in a veyron it is sub 6mins. It is what I have been doing up to now.

I like GasolineJunkie think, I always play at the ring online I may as well get some credits while testing a new car.

Hey guys, I got a fully modded ZR1 to start the grinding at Indy but my lap times are sooo slow!! (49s) what assist set-up are you guys using to get into 42s? also my car wont even go over 213mph. What the heck is going on?

Hmm Im getting high 46s to very low 47s consistantly. I havent screwed with my vette so people are getting 42-43s thats DAMN impressive.

Formula Gran Turismo World Championship

Indy Road Course- 20 Laps
XP- 28,838
Credits- 68,370

I didn't do the Championship, just the Single Race.

Can any one tell me how much XP points we are getting for first Endurance Race? How much Exactly? ok i got it it's 113.674

I'm asking to check which is better,
1. Gran Valley Endurance in Toyota Minolta 88 C-V, that take me 1h 40 minutes and i don't remember how much XP points i did received. Im not asking for cash, just those XP points. Now i know it's 113.674

2. Last race in Dream Car Championship on Nordschleife 24H, but you have to race there 5 times to reach 1 h and 40 minutes which is equal to Grand Valley Endurance time. But for one race which is 3 laps you will receive 26.964 XP points.

26.964 x 5 races gives 134.820 xp points, in the same time that take Grand Valley Endurance.

/ edit

So it's much better to race 5 times on Nordschleife 24H :) because it's 21146 xp points more

Last edited:
Can any one tell me how much XP points we are getting for first Endurance Race? How much Exactly? ok i got it it's 113.674

I'm asking to check which is better,
1. Gran Valley Endurance in Toyota Minolta 88 C-V, that take me 1h 40 minutes and i don't remember how much XP points i did received. Im not asking for cash, just those XP points. Now i know it's 113.674

2. Last race in Dream Car Championship on Nordschleife 24H, but you have to race there 5 times to reach 1 h and 40 minutes which is equal to Grand Valley Endurance time. But for one race which is 3 laps you will receive 26.964 XP points.

26.964 x 5 races gives 134.820 xp points, in the same time that take Grand Valley Endurance.

/ edit

So it's much better to race 5 times on Nordschleife 24H :) because it's 21146 xp points more

Dream Car, Indy. If we are talking about XP that is the best.

9800 XP for 10 laps, less than 7 minutes in the Minolta.

Boring but does it quickly. I average about 23 minutes on the Nurburgring 24H dream car race in the Minolta. Rounding, we'll go with 7 and 21 minutes... 9800X3 = 29,400. Better deal.

Important is to set sliprecovery off! and no ABS at all. (and ofcourse get all the tuningupgrades)

This is not really an answer to your question, but nice to know.
I too have the ZR1, but after winning the dreamcar championship (lvl24) you get the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II which,fully tuned,goes around in 43 secs so easily...
I like it way more than the ZR1 to grind money,it handles like a dream.

Last edited:

I had this problem also until I realised you can change the max speed on your car in the transmission tuning. That's if you have purchased the upgrade.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but did the Indy 500 with a Minolta Toyota. (Endurance - Level 28) 2hr30min (I was saving fuel!!) 268,176 experience points... thats uh.. 1787 points per minute I believe.....

Im sure you can get to level 30 without even 'grinding'. I can understand doing it for the credits and leveling up quicker but for me its more fun just working your way up.

Im upto level 26 now and have gone through the game from start to finish completing everything. I've still got the Formula Gran Turismo championship to do as well and i havn't done any of the Endurances yet.
What helped was getting golds in all the specials which give you alot of XP. Getting golds on the licenses though didn't help much.

Some great info though:)

The ZR1 LM is a monster and is so cheap if you do want to level up quick. It should never dip below 200mph on the road course.
Im not sure what others do but i had the front wing at max setting and the rear wing at the lowest setting to help it turn in. Works a treat!

Very nice! I was working on something similar using a spreadsheet to show Level, Track, Credits and XP points. Something like this...

Aspec_Credits_XP.jpg

NICE! now do one for b-spec ;)

For the amateur A-Spec race in Monza for the classic American muscle race, will a tuned Ford Mach 1 work as well..? I've been wanting to get this car, and I'd rather get this than the Camaro.

For the amateur A-Spec race in Monza for the classic American muscle race, will a tuned Ford Mach 1 work as well..? I've been wanting to get this car, and I'd rather get this than the Camaro.

Yeah works fine 👍 I have a 440hp Mach 1,stage 2 engine,ECU,race air filter and intake manifold, stage 2 weight red & windows,custom box set to 270km/h,LSD,Full suspension and sports med tyres.(i put the exhaust back to stock and dropped a 100hp back to 440hp to make it easier for bob to drive,otherwise he think`s he is a drift king but ends up spinning out on me:grumpy:) B-spec finishes with a 8 sec lead. Start the race and walk away in 13 mins come back and do it again :sly:

Should be mentioned that the first expert NASCAR challenge is something like 9000 points for a gold.

Just remember to turn the abs off to disable the asm.

Edit: thats for silver and gold. :/ half it

this is what i observed but i could be wrong. i put TCS on 5+ and skid recovery ON on high powered cars for BOB to race in B-Spec. it makes him doesnt spin out or drift as much if hes on the high red.

if i put TCS on 0 ... man... drift king jr just suddenly appears on him.

the car i mainly use is my ZOnda R and Minolta race car. with TCS on he can drive pretty good on the turns. and i need those 900hp so he can pull away. just start the race and walk away.

Would the Mclaren F1 Stealth Model work in the British lightweights race? I'm still Level 15 so a Zonda is kinda out of my budget and level.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while and sorta have a request. Since I recently found out that at level 35 B-Spec you get the Redbull X1 I have been trying to advance my B-Spec every spare chance I get. I was wondering if anyone knows best races for xp based on shortest time?

The American Indy giving 98.000cr might be more credits/minute, but at least with my ZR1 RM I actually have to do some primitive pedal work to get around the corners. Like the Wind Indy in the Konica Minolta is much easier. Just place a brick on the accelerator and casually steer left every once in a while. Doing the corners in 350-370kph instead of 300-320 like the ZR1.

If I actually want to have some fun while grinding, the European series on Deep Forest nets 83.000cr per win. Rome is faster and Monza gives more XP. Since almost all of my favorite cars are european, I can have some good fun while making money.

Anyone know the figures for b spec lvl 23 for grinding, american challenge is not 98000 for 5 laps is it? I think its 54000 and 10000 xp i think. Anyone confirm?

Back