Tourny Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xDriftzzinc

(Banned)
United States
United States
DriFtZz
STOP THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO READ. YOUR CAR MUST BE JDM.

So I know you guys were expecting this to be sometime soon however, holding off til January provides me with more time to plan, give out dates, allows you guys time to practice, and allows everyone to celebrate any upcoming holidays (Christmas, etc.) before we start. Registration hopes to begin late december/early january. In the Meantime check out the D1 American Series hosted by deathwish.

Finally I am down to judges, Dates, and Registration.

GT5 is an awesome game given to us by an awesome man. His name is Kazunori Yamauchi. Now I know Kaz doesn't personally sponsor a D1GP, however when you see a D1GP car you may notice the big Gran Turismo 5 sticker posted on the front of the car (See Videos and Pics section below). Now I think that Kaz could have put more effort into the concept of drifting when it came to Gran Turismo, but the point I'm trying to make is he didn't. So I thought it would be fun to host a D1GP just for GT5.

The following is taken from the official D1GP Rule Book:

2010 D1 Code and Regulations

Introduction

Combining ―entertainment value‖ with driving skills in a competitive environment, D1 is a new sensation motor performance. Driving techniques are tested to the limit on a designated curved course, where drivers adjust the angle of drift with skilled accelerator work as they enter and exit each corner. Competing in terms of approaching speed, angle, line and show factors, D1 offers spectators the thrills associated with dynamic entertainment. In an effort to ensure the further development of both the D1 style and competition, the founders and representatives from each participating country came together to form the D1 Organization, an international supervisory organization.

Judging

The Judging of Drift Techniques Shall Encompass an Evaluation of the Following Elements:

1) Run line

Drivers shall be judged on their ability to ensure a constant and undisturbed smooth curve line when passing through each specified clipping point and zone

2) Drift angle

The drift angle shall indicate the direction angle of the vehicle in relation to the run line. Drivers shall be judged on their ability to ensure a safe cornering angle while at the same time maintaining an angle above designated requirements

3) Run speed

While maintaining a sufficient drift status, drivers shall be judged on their entry, drift and exit speeds

4) Changes in angles

At the time of entering a drift (Furidashi) as well as side-to-side changeover in drift angle (Furikaeshi), drivers shall be judged on their speed, precision, timing and safety

5) Overall impression

Vehicles shall be judged on the extent to which they reach or exceed their potential across evaluation sections as a whole. Judging shall be based on the level dynamic, aggressive and attractive appeal

Judges are:

Lukas - Team BURST
xDriftzz - Drop5 (Only because its my event )
Silvia - Drop5

Judges for the Judges (Basically replacement Judges for when the judges are running):

Jimmy - D-Max

Hopefully One or two from Burst or one or two from Nemesis... still need some volunteers

Finally, Judging Systems:

Qualifying Runs:

Criteria in order of importance... Clipping Points/Angle, Line, Speed (Clipping Points and Angle are equally important)

Tandem Battles:

There will be up to three runs per tandem battle. Each person leads then if necessary a sudden death run. A spin does not necessarily mean a loss however if the other driver plays it safe then you will lose. Also we will not announce who won each individual round, just the overall winner.

Ok so here is how the points are going to work:

Solo Runs: Out of 100
Tandem Battles: Announced after first two runs then if necessary after OMT run.

Rules & Regulations

Tire Wear: On
Tires: Comfort Hards
Car Type: JDM
AWD 10/90 Allowed?: No
Track Grip: Real
Horsepower Limit: None
Weight Minimum: None
Performance Points: None

However, there is a twist... I hope there will be a season two so here is what im going to do, Go crazy on the budget do whatever you want. In season two the top 16 (hopefully i'll get that many) will have a budget of 400,000 USD and the rest will have a budget of 300,00 USD... Yes that does include car cost.

Last edited:
Rankings :D

Bracket format after qualifying:

Point Distribution:

Qualifying score combined with your place in the actual tandem battles...

1st place: 25
2nd place: 21
3rd place: 18
4th place: 16
5th place: 13
6th place: 12
7th place: 11
8th place: 10

If i decide to change it to top 16, then it will follow in this order:

9th place: 8
10th place: 7
11th place: 6
12th place: 5
13th place: 4
14th place: 3
15th place: 2
16th place: 1

Last edited:
Videos and Pictures:

Fuji/Suzuka lines

Tsukuba lines:

Fuji:

Suzuka:

Tsukuba:

D1GP Car:

Last edited:
I think 10/90 should be allowed. Looks like a good event, hoping their is going to loads of sign ups. I think the AWD 10/90 will work once no one messes up and goes 50/50 on us.

AWD is frowned upon by most drifters, just sayin' that 10% on the front DOES give them an advantage over fully FR. Looks cool though!

AWD is frowned upon by most drifters, just sayin' that 10% on the front DOES give them an advantage over fully FR. Looks cool though!

10%..Not really much, I drift them and it feels like a normal FR. Well even though,update coming this Christmas, may bring 100% if were lucky.

Everything is fine just the AWD thing isn't. D1GP has a strict RWD only rule, you should keep that. If a driver with a RWD car loses against one with a AWD car he will complain about the 10% advantage.

ill sign up once registration is open. looks to be a fun event.

are we using only D1 cars or JDM cars in general?

I agree with klick on this one, it's very cool your allowing AWD cars to participate but it's going to be interesting battle with it's slight advantage. AWD might need to be limited to comfort hard tires only so FR cars have a chance

Last edited:
I agree with klick on this one, it's very cool your allowing AWD cars to participate but it's going to be interesting battle with it's slight advantage.

That's what I'm trying to say, something new like this will be great, I also get what other people are saying but what happens happens, once the event stays fun.

That's what I'm trying to say, something new like this will be great, I also get what other people are saying but what happens happens, once the event stays fun.

Sorry I edit my post about the tire use but I didn't want to double post. But what I just edit is if the AWD are limited to comfort hards only it can give FR's a better chance.(not related to edit) Right now I'm going to see if there anything I can tune this subaru to slow it's drift down and give it better angle. And possibly post it to help AWD drifters

Best of luck to you driftzz hosting this event. Im not disagreeing with AWD but I already see how many arguements will happen during runs. Ill sign up and help out any way I can

No HP limits and yes comfort mediums zed... I feel like it would be fun to try something new, more realistic than comfort hards, and it makes it so everyone has to adapt to the new tires :D

hmmm it does seem fun but why not put up a poll for the all wheel drive drifters I personally wouldn't care if they had AWD or not, and for the tire and Hp restricions that seems fair too everyone needs to change it up every now and then. So go for it!!!!

600hp limit
jdm only
Fr
Comfort hards

Hopefully noone uses a ae86 because in this game there terrible :/

Proto, you know I would be down to do this! Just have a full schedule up before you start it. Schedule conflicts is the main thing that's preventing me from participating in recent comps.

Ok so here is how I think this is going to work.

Judges:

Lukas - Team BURST
xDriftzz - Drop5 (Only because its my event :D)
Silvia - Drop5

Judges for the Judges (Basically replacement Judges for when the judges are running):

Jimmy - D-Max

Hopefully One or two from Burst or one or two from Nemesis... still need some volunteers

Last edited:
You put tires to comfort medium even though there's more than double the votes for hards? :scared:

Back