GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
Perhaps it was the T pose the Stingray was stuck doing on the Start/Finish line of the 'Ring in the demo that caused the delay. Hopefully we'll see it before Christmas.

There better be a nice list of "new features" which are causing this delay -_- super bummed right now.

What is with this attitude that PD intentionally voided the release date for the game?

What? It doesn't matter if it was intentional or not...the FACT is, the release date which was given (which is what we had to go by) has been delayed.

I changed a famous quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt:

"Today, October 13th, 2010 - a day which will live in infamy - the World was suddenly and deliberately betrayed by Kaz and PD of Sony."

As much as i want this game, there is NO WAY in hell it can live up to the hype.

It should have been released end of 2009

very sad since this has been the only race game i've played since the first one came out. guess i need to look for PC options that are actually available and not on constant delay.

Doubtful because many Forza fans are livid about the Ultimate Edition. I raced in the production hopper last night and between 8pm to 12am the hopper never had more than 40 people online. This tells you that many have already given up with Forza 3.

For all you know, there could be many private leagues going on at any time. It's not like the hoppers have ever been hugely favourable with fans and after 12 months and with a fair number of games launched in that time, you're expecting way too much. And as for the Forza fans you talk of, these would be the 200k tops who bother to sign up to forums and the 50k tops who might stay and the 25k tops who might post their displeasure. To say 'Forza fans' just going by those voicing their descent online is too basic.

not to surprised, after all the whining about standard versus premium cars, and being a rehash of gt4, and to top it off,:indiff: all the complaints about f1 2010. thats enough to make anyone think twice about releasing a new game, lets hope it will be worth the wait. but I have some doubts...:grumpy:

Ok important update:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d9977.html

translation:

notice that says holiday season 2010 so at least that leads to know that it will be coming this year,probably December.

At this point(October being just around the corner for the holidays), I do not see how they are having such a difficult time nailing down a new release date(If the game is indeed finished). I do not believe the game has even went gold yet. This is troubling and tells me that the new release window is likely to be 2011.

very sad since this has been the only race game i've played since the first one came out. guess i need to look for PC options that are actually available and not on constant delay.

The problem with PC ones, is you need a pretty good PC to deal with the game, they ask for big processors that some simply can't get, which is a shame.

That's why people favour GT5 over PC alternatives - you need to spend so much more on a PC one

Well ive had a few more hours to process this, trying to stay calm:crazy:

One thing we can say is at least they are sticking to their guns with this. They said they wont release it until its ready, so thats what they are doing:sly: Got to admire to them sticking to their word like that.:dopey:

The problem with the time its taking to get done, and with these delays, is that every one of us knows no matter how long they spend on it, a game this complex will nevert be perfect in every way.

There's going to be, in the very least, some minor issues, visually or in the gameplay that could be improved. And now after all of this drama, those issues are all under a huge microscope, things like flat trees are going to be complained about forever by people saying, "This is what I waited 5 years for??."

PD is now doomed to this kind of scrutiny. Whereas if the game came out 2 years ago, it wouldnt be nearly as bad. They could put it out, patch things up over time, but now the game is just going to get ripped to shreds. The instant I see anything wrong Im going to feel like this 5 year wait wasnt worth it, that I could have lived with something a couple years ago and not have been as rough on it as I will be now.

"PlayStation 3" (PS3 ®) only オンラインカーライフシミュレーター Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) regarding the release date of production, due on the date to November 03, 2010 original guide (Wed.) from postponed, we decided to launch the 2010 holiday season.

The day will be available for PS3 ® [GT5] was set to "PlayStation ® 3 GRAN TURISMO 5 RACING PACK" much more for the release date will be postponed as well.

However, regarding the new release date is set to decide soon, I will guide you again.

We welcome everyone to the launch of the users of this work is that we apologize very much apologize for any inconvenience.

Haha, "Online Car Life Simulator." I like that :P

The problem with PC ones, is you need a pretty good PC to deal with the game, they ask for big processors that some simply can't get, which is a shame.

That's why people favour GT5 over PC alternatives - you need to spend so much more on a PC one

Same here. I used to be a pc gamer whilst all my friends were on ps2, but got a ps3 a couple of years ago because as a student i cant afford a powerful rig

Thats not true. You can build a gaming rig for racing games on five hundred to six hundred euro. There are very few PC racing games that require high powered rigs to play the game properly.

Well ive had a few more hours to process this, trying to stay calm:crazy:

One thing we can say is at least they are sticking to their guns with this. They said they wont release it until its ready, so thats what they are doing:sly: Got to admire to them sticking to their word like that.:dopey:

Released date November 3rd 2010. Gotta admire them for sticking to their wor........... SYNTAX ERROR............ Loading.........

Its not really that funny anymore. Regardless whose fault it is, Kaz or Sony.

Is Masi_23 gonna have to choke a b***h? Yep. Yes he does.

Screw it, im buying Madden 11.

Thought about it for a little...

Well, there might be a bright side to this delay.

My vacation stars in the middle of december. Maybe GT5 will release somewhere around that mark.
I'm still putting my money on a 2011 release, though.

Released date November 3rd 2010. Gotta admire them for sticking to their wor........... SYNTAX ERROR............ Loading.........

hehe, the irony :dunce:

In all honesty, has anyone thought that maybe the technical problems are more on the publisher side of things? Would it be possible that there is an issue with compression volume, could it be the largest game in terms of volume of all time? They did say 'technical issue' although, obviously that could mean anything.

Oh for heaven's sake! I know KY and PD are perfectionists but this is bordering on lunacy.

My guess is that the reflections on the door handles weren't quite right....
Or that the treads on the tyres were facing the wrong way....
Or that there wasn't enough gravel at the sides of the tracks....
Or that the colours of the eyes on the trackside spectators were green instead of blue, cos KY likes blue....
Or that the clouds weren't fluffy enough....
Or that the raindrops during bad weather were too small....
Or that.................see where I'm going here?

The game had better be no less than 100% perfect, bug-free, pristine, utterly better-than-every-driving-game-ever-released brilliant after this.

Comment removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what probably happened?

They found a glitch/bug/lost some data and are too embarrassed to talk about it because they are perfectionists

Back