GT5 Demo?

• Thread starter Peter
  • 102 comments

Peter

(Banned)
pj-gm
lol not happening
Ok, before you all jump in and say "There already is a demo, GT5 Prologue", i'm going to say that GT5P is not necessarily a demo. Demos are free, stripped down, betas of the full game available for everyone to play. GT5P is not free, it's quite large, it has 70 cars, 11 tracks(including reverse tracks), an online community, the feature of downloading TV shows and it updates. It's too much to be a demo. Perhaps a demo free for all to download? Or a closed beta?

There was a GT5P demo in Europe as well.

There wasn't a demo of GT4 because of GT4P. I suspect there will not be a GT5 demo because of GT5P.

GT HD wasn't the GT5P demo, GT5P demo was released shortly before Tokyo Motor Show 2007 in the Japanese PS Store only.

Coming to think of it i imagine there probably will be a demo, to rake in the rest of the pack that were put off buying prologue, by the time GT5 comes out prologue will be rendered pretty much useless so it would make sense to bring out a demo, it wouldn't do any harm.

If GT5P is a demo, why does a demo have a demo? I rest my case.

You had to pay for GT5P. When GT5 comes out, people who are not familiar with the game might want to give it a go - for free. If PD have emensly developed the game further than GT5P (which I'm sure they have) they would want a demo to do justice to full version of GT5, so that those who do play the demo would feel the need to buy the full version, where Prologue probably would not do that.

As much as GT5P was a 'taste of what's to come', it is in no way is a 'demo' that reflects what the final release of GT5 would be. It should be treated more as something to do whilst we wait.

A demo should be an almost exact representation of the final product. GT5P is not.

...IMO.

If GT5P is a demo, why does a demo have a demo? I rest my case.

As no one has mentioned anything about Gt5p being a demo in this thread, I can only assume the reason you created this thread was to state that GT5p is not a demo and to argue with anyone who says otherwise.:mischievous:

In regards to whether or not there will be a demo of GT5, I don't think there will be, GT5 doesn't need one a lot of people will buy it anyway. Of course PD might think differently and release one. Right now no one knows.:sly:

GT5P is not a GT5 demo, it's only prologue. GT5P don't have all this features that GT5 will have. Now there are a PlayStation Network and I think it is good idea to realse a demo before GT5. Everyone who have a PS3 will can try this game.

A demo for GT5 is not required because Prologue exists. PD is getting more feedback from Prologue than they would ever get from a demo of GT5. If they did release a demo, it would probably be a one car, one track, time limited demo which would be of no use to anyone.

-> ...
If they did release a demo, it would probably be a one car, one track, time limited demo which would be of no use to anyone.
^ It can be either of these:

German version
Car - Porsche [997] 911 GT2
Track - Nurburgring GP Circuit

American version
Car - SSC Ultimate Aero TT
Track - Sebring International Raceway

Japan version
Car - Vemac RD320
Track - Sportsland Sugo

British version
Car - McLaren F1 road car
Track - Silverstone Circuit

French version
Car - Venturi Atlantique 300 BiTurbo
Track - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

Italian Version
Car - De Tomaso Pantera V8
Track - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Australian version
Car - Elfin MS8 Streamliner (I have to keep it neutral, sorry Ford/Holden fans)
Track - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000

:sly:

Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 is a race, not a track. You're thinking of Mount Panorama, Bathurst.

There should be a demo.. If they release it, I think it would have one track (I bet on Suzuka, Tsukuba or Fuji) and 1-3 cars.

I'd be surprised if they didn't release a demo; GT5P is a promo of their works for GT5 development.

You seem to be confusing yourself with beta's in the OP. Looks like quite a messy description. A demo is almost always a section of the master build. It's poor management to give your first impression to your customer of a build, which doesn't represent the final game. As the final game will be far more advanced than the various beta's built before the master, trying to sell the game through those early builds can be catastrophic for the sale of the game. It does happen though, but not from a company as experienced as PD/Sony. Don't know why you've mentioned closed beta in a thread about a public demo, either.

There wasn't a demo of GT4 because of GT4P. I suspect there will not be a GT5 demo because of GT5P.
Urm... There was quite a few GT4 demos actually. I have one of 'em, the BMW 1 series Nürburgring demo.

-> ...

^ It can be either of these:

German version
Car - Porsche [997] 911 GT2
Track - Nurburgring GP Circuit

American version
Car - SSC Ultimate Aero TT
Track - Sebring International Raceway

Japan version
Car - Vemac RD320
Track - Sportsland Sugo

British version
Car - McLaren F1 road car
Track - Silverstone Circuit

French version
Car - Venturi Atlantique 300 BiTurbo
Track - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

Italian Version
Car - De Tomaso Pantera V8
Track - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Australian version
Car - Elfin MS8 Streamliner (I have to keep it neutral, sorry Ford/Holden fans)
Track - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000

You forgot one...

Swedish version
Car - Koenigsegg CCX
Track - Gotland Ring

EDIT: Also, you should've chosen something more Italian for the Italian verson, since the De Tomaso Pantera used a Ford 351 Cleveland. ;)

Last edited:
If PD and Sony were smart, I think they would release a demo...however, here's a question:

Do you think that PD would release the demo BEFORE or AFTER GT5 releases?

Now, it makes sense to release demos before the actual game comes out...unfortunately, I've seen demos come out for games that have been out for a decent amount of time...which is still kinda nice, but almost pointless in a sense since I could go rent the full game if I really wanted to give it a shot, though it wouldn't be free.

Most of us will be getting GT5 on day one, so if a demo is released after, it would be irrelevant, but like I said, demo releases have occurred after game releases before.

I wouldn´t want a demo before release day, at the same time as they release full game sure, aslong as my jawdropping moment from playing gt5 the first time isn´t ruined hehe, those that want it before just want to play early while i´d rather wait for the full experince. :)

GT5 Demo would be cool including new physics, damage, 1 track and one car: 24h version of Nordschleife at Night & BMW M3 GTR. Do you agree?

GT5 Demo would be cool including new physics, damage, 1 track and one car: 24h version of Nordschleife at Night & BMW M3 GTR. Do you agree?
No. If they make a demo I won't play it, since I already decided 4 years ago to buy the game...

No. If they make a demo I won't play it, since I already decided 4 years ago to buy the game...
So if GT5 is announced to release in Decemebre (or later) and they put out a demo in November you wouldn't want to play it just to get a small preview?

Not sure where everyone lives here, but I downloaded the GT5p demo and tried it awhile back. I only recently bought the game. I suspect there will be a GT5 demo.

Back