GT5 Demo?

• Thread starter Peter
  • 102 comments
No demo.
I'm sure the Kazunator would want us to hold our breath and not open our gifts until GT5 morning, or eve! :D

What if GT5 doesn't release this year? Wouldn't you want a demo to sit and play with? A demo with online perhaps? GRID demo had online races, and people still play it. Same for Warhawk demo, hundreds of people still play it. GT5 could even be delayed in your side of the world and you might have to wait until 2010. Won't you need a little bit of toys to play with?

The whole point of a demo (not a prologue, not a beta) is to entice potential (the casuals and the maybe's) customers in to the product. For it to be free and more or less the final build of the engine in other words a free sample of the final product. That rules almost everyone on these forums out of PD's aim's for a demo as the vast majority of us will be buying it regardless.

What if GT5 doesn't release this year? Wouldn't you want a demo to sit and play with? A demo with online perhaps? GRID demo had online races, and people still play it. Same for Warhawk demo, hundreds of people still play it. GT5 could even be delayed in your side of the world and you might have to wait until 2010. Won't you need a little bit of toys to play with?

Based on release date speculation\info it should drop by the end of 09 which is 4-5 months away, and since they have stopped updating prologue, it's an indication of what is to come, if they wanted to keep us going another year they would have to update prologue and add 3 more cars and at least another track(with reverse).

I mean a demo with 5 cars and 1 track with online capability(but not full) is digressing from Prologue.

Patience, Gc still to come, we have one definitive trailer already(which is not made to look like a "it's coming but not for a while" trailer, the music is fast the images are sensational, it's a whiff of the steak.

GT was never known to be for the casuals and maybe's, nobody i know that plays GT plays just for fun, you don't get a 500$(including wheel stand) rig (which costs as much as a ps3+game) if you're a maybe.

GT was never known to be for the casuals and maybe's, nobody i know that plays GT plays just for fun, you don't get a 500$(including wheel stand) rig (which costs as much as a ps3+game) if you're a maybe.

Wow. I dont know where to start... Right, not everybody plays on a wheel. I bet not even half do infact i would stretch myself to say not even a quarter of the entire collection of GT owners own a wheel. If nobody you know plays GT for fun then you should tell them to stop playing. ITS A COMPUTER GAME and last time i checked, they are meant to be fun. Now the casuals and maybe's are people who have money and want to be entertained, now by your logic, these people should steer clear of GT5 because its just not fun? or its just not fun without a $500 rig out and its still no fun then? I dont get what your saying TBH are you saying just because the casuals/maybe's are looking for something new to play, although not really interested or have never played GT or even never heard of GT (yes there are people like this) PD shouldnt target them?

The whole point of a demo (not a prologue, not a beta) is to entice potential (the casuals and the maybe's) customers in to the product. For it to be free and more or less the final build of the engine in other words a free sample of the final product. That rules almost everyone on these forums out of PD's aim's for a demo as the vast majority of us will be buying it regardless.

I agree with MonkeySkater! If i was PD, i would put a demo on the Playstation Store! Probably after GT5 is released. You never know how many people, didn't try GT5P because of the money it cost! Put demo on the Playstation Store for free, and people will jump on it!!!

-> ...

^ It can be either of these:

German version
Car - Porsche [997] 911 GT2
Track - Nurburgring GP Circuit

American version
Car - SSC Ultimate Aero TT
Track - Sebring International Raceway

Japan version
Car - Vemac RD320
Track - Sportsland Sugo

British version
Car - McLaren F1 road car
Track - Silverstone Circuit

French version
Car - Venturi Atlantique 300 BiTurbo
Track - Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

Italian Version
Car - De Tomaso Pantera V8
Track - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Australian version
Car - Elfin MS8 Streamliner (I have to keep it neutral, sorry Ford/Holden fans)
Track - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000

:sly:

I think those cars are too much for a demo, maybe some cheaper car and a low level race car? That's enough for me to appreciate GT5 demo if it ever come :lol:

ok Id like you to quote where i said GT IS NO FUN, or YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN WITH GT, it has a learning curve a, steep one, and this is overwhelming to CASUALS AND MAYBE's that are used to pick up and play franchises not to be named.

I have many friends who want to get into GT, they love the visuals the sheer amount of detail but they don't feel fulfilled by completing a 35 minute race to end up in 2nd, they want million point drifts and green stuff coming out the exhaust, they want flash.

You can't just glance at GT you have to immerse yourself at least a little bit.

I've raced with analog ps since Gt1, only for GT5 will i get a wheel setup after trying it at a friends house, its not NECESSARY but it does literally put you in the driver's seat, not to mention you don't have to "jerk steer" anymore.

To appeal to the one minute crowd you're gonna have to compromise the hardcore devoted crowd by making it more accessible, they haven't made it this far through compromise, GT is always the jewel of any PS system, it pushes it to the limits.

GT was never known to be for the casuals and maybe's, nobody i know that plays GT plays just for fun, you don't get a 350€ (500$)(including wheel stand) rig (which costs as much as a ps3+game) if you're a maybe.

You certainly are living in a dream world. I know a few pwople who play GT5 that dont have a cockpit or wheel and theyre not that good at the game. Get real man and get a life. Not everybody can afford a wheel and cockpit. Also GT5 appeals to everybody not just those who think theyre the michael scumacher of Gran Turismo.

ok f it im gonna save my finger skin because monkey watever you can not read.

steve read my post I DONT OWN A WHEEL, i WILL because i tried it and it kills the dual shock....

You're right, not JUST for fun, it's because of a lifelong affinity for cars of all kinds, it's because i live in Canada where sports cars barely get their tires warmed up before snow falls again, it's because i'm not Seinfeld or Leno and i don't have an extensive collection of dream cars. It's because i'm 3000km away from Laguna Seca and about 5000km away from Suzuka. It's because its a visual and sonic feast.

I don't play JUST for fun, i play because i can't do alot of those things in REAL life.
But that doesn't mean i don't have fun.

JUST a game? I personally don't believe that.

Last edited:
I always thought that a great marketing move would be to have a limited time only Spec IV update to GT5P and release it two to three months before GT5. GT5P would revert to Spec III upon the release of GT5. Spec IV would include some of the really big features of GT5 such as damage or the nurburgring. It would serve to increase the hype, reward people who bought GT5P and maybe even sell some more copies of GT5P.

Wondering what peoples thoughts on this are, would you like a demo, or would you want your first drive on GT5 to be the full version, in circumstances you'd like in a fully finished version?

Just wondering, i'm in two minds, i'd love a demo to play, but it would be infuriating it it's old code or monotonous.

opinions

I would like a demo with one of the fantasy tracks (Midfield or deep forest etc) without a time limit and 2 laps. The time limit ruins the GT demos for me every time.

Isn't that supposed to be prologue ? :sly:

No but seriously yes, I would like to have a small demo downloadable on the PSN right after TGS or near the official release date. (2 tracks and 5 cars that is not in prologue) It's been almost two years since prologue so I guess there are some changes since then.

Isn't that supposed to be prologue. :sly:

No but seriously yes, I would like to have a small demo (2 tracks, 5 cars that is not in prologue) It's been almost two years since prologue so I guess there are some changes.

Come on, if they release a GT5 demo, don't expect it to have any major content... if there is a demo, it'll probably be 1-3 cars and a single track.

haha, i'd be hoping that GT5 would be far too improved from GT5P to even be upgradable for the demo

Would be great.
A demo similar to the one from the GamesCom would be enough.
But it has to be from a recent build, not like the GT5P demo, which was great content wise (5 cars, with the reveals from the TMS), but the physics were far away from the finished GT5P.

demos are a waste of time for games that are on GTs scale.

Full steam ahead to the real deal. i rather the team concentrate on polishing and making the end product awesome rather than wasting time on a demo.

We had our appetizer in prologue. we need the full meal now

Something with a new car not in Prolgoue, preferably with damage on Le Mans.

Thats what i'm torn between.. I also think GT5 is one of those games they would release a demo for after the release of the game.

Latest Posts

Back