GT5 drifting tips & tricks

• Thread starter juniordee
  • 20 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTP_juniordee3
Oddbug
If you need any tips on drifting, questions that need to be answered etc, plz ask here and we'll do our best to help you.

atucally i was just gonna post some questions lol good job dude :)

Anyway I never really had a problem sliding around in GT 1,2,3,4 but in HD, 5P demo, and now GT5p I just cant do it. I can manage some ok drifts in a AWD car but as sson as I get in a rear dive car I feel all retarded and cant make it work. Its either spin out or or loose the drift imidiatly.

Any recomandations on a good car to start praticing with, and witch aproces to startting the drift are easyer to deal with? E-brake, lift off oversteer, or just plain ol throttle enduced over steer?

Use what your most comfortable with. The 350Z is what i started with and i love it. I mainly feint to initiate my drifts, but just go grip and find the limits of the car, then try to push a little harder until your rear end kicks out some.

I was playing around trying with the stang and the viper, and defanetly one of the problems im having is there seams to be little warning to when the cars going to setp out and once it dose I seam to loose almost all forward thrust from the tires?

Start out with a car that has lower hp. I am 100% sure the viper is too much for you to handle starting out. Start out with a 350Z on N2's and see how you like it. Also you need a lot more throttle control than in gt4 if you have played it before. Are you using DFP or the SA?

SA controller. I have a DFP but I never could drive with that thing, I dont really have a place to mount it witch is probably most of my problem with it. I ve flipped the TV tray completly over before trying to counter steer.

I found the lil BMW coupe in the prologue demo a very good car to drift, and for an easy way to get the back end out, stick two wheels on the grass on the outside before you turn in (known as 'dirt drop') Then when you do turn in, the back end will come out no problem, then its a case of learning how much countersteer etc. to use.

Also, stick to one car whilst learning, you can then learn how much throttle / steering that car needs, as all cars are different so changing will throw you off.

Question for juniordee, suzuki and super___fla...aka the drifters among us, do you use controller, DFP or G25?

DFP, wich is a decent wheel when it comes to racing but is really bad when it comes to drifting :S

When I get the money first thing I'll do is get a G25.

Super_fla once told me that he was using a G25

I've only driven the prologue demo, so all I can say is that you need to be much more delicate with your inputs than in GT4. It didn't take a lot to either spin or snap back. I also had to work the wheel more than I used to, the tires felt weird and not very "rubbery" :P

Not sure I liked the new physics that much to be honest... didn't feel as good as I'd hoped, the cars were unstable on straights and the DFP was extremely sensitive. Hope they're sorting out the tire sim for the full release (if they haven't already), although I'll probably get the Prologue when it hits Europe as well ;)

Anyway I learned one thing using the DFP in GT4: you need a good stand and driving position to work the 900 degree rotation. I had mine between my knees and it was hopeless...

There is a huge difference between gt5 p demo and gt5 p (thank god) so I hope you'll like it better.

Hi can you tell me how to unlock drift mode or if unlocked already how do i set up drift on a track to try can't read japanese thank you.

There is drift mode in prolouge... just not the prolouge demo... 2completely different things

That post was made before drift mode was announced in US/EU GT5P, so I was talking about Japanese GT5P, which there is NO drift mode.

Only GTHD had a driftmode before US/EU GT5P (which is not out yet)

and the GT5P demo is loooooong gone.

Just out of curiosity, what about this thread makes it independent from the already existing gt5p drift sub-forum? And how does this pertain to GT5 LOL!

Just out of curiosity, what about this thread makes it independent from the already existing gt5p drift sub-forum? And how does this pertain to GT5 LOL!

Quoted For Truth

How can there be tips for something that isn't available yet: End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back