GT5 - going back to how it used to be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nitro_2005
  • 43 comments
  • 4,731 views
I absolutely loved GT3, and the menus in GT4 were simply staggering, a truly piece of art, along with the BGM.

As fancy as the menu system was in GT4, it had some annoying nuances that after a while really started to grate. The biggest complaint for me was that almost every screen had to load before you could use it.

Then there was the car setup screens. Why was it necessary to go to parts dealer, to purchase tires that were free? Why not, instead have them made part of the cars inventory at the point of sale?

It would also be nice to have a global switch somewhere that instructed the parts dealer NOT to ask me whether or not I wanted to install the part I had just purchased. I always preferred not to install the parts at the dealer, as it took ages to complete. It still took some time having to navigate the repeated questions, but not as long as if you chose to install them. Having the option to say no, without further prompts would be a big step forward.

Looking forward to GT5, I have high hopes that the slickness of the menu system translates into its functionality as much as it does it visual appeal. 👍
 
I think GT1, maybe GT3, but they were there somewhere!

Well, I'm currently playing GT3 and I'm in Professional League. I haven't seen it so far, so I don't think it's in that one.

Maybe it's GT1. I have to play it again and check it out. It's been a while. :D
 
You only have entrance fees in GT4 which there is absolutely no need for. This is a GAME.

I hope that each manufacturer you go to has it's own unique BGM like in GT1.
Hmmm, the Dodge and Chevrolet music come to mind... :)
 
IT must be GT1, I know I'm crazy, but that's delusional. I remember paying fees to enter races, GT1, gotta be.

GT4 arent so much entrance fees, theyre just Trackday charges\TT charges 5-10 cr.

The entrance fees in GT1 IIRC were like 500 for clubman and like 5000 for GT world series I think.

You only have entrance fees in GT4 which there is absolutely no need for. This is a GAME.

So I guess they dont need engine wear, fuel economy, and tire degradation either right cuz its a game?

Paying money to enter races is no different, its an aspect of racing. The higher the level, the higher the prize, the more expensive the entrance.

It certainly adds more adrenaline to the race, cuz if you lose, depending how badly, you actually lose money.
 
Last edited:
is there only 8 cars on track now? compared to 16 most times in GT5P?
 
You only have entrance fees in GT4 which there is absolutely no need for. This is a GAME.

I hope that each manufacturer you go to has it's own unique BGM like in GT1.
Hmmm, the Dodge and Chevrolet music come to mind... :)

It's one way to make sure that you can't simply exit and re-start the race. For a career mode it makes perfect sense. It's similar to being charged if you damage your car and require repairs.
 
is there only 8 cars on track now? compared to 16 most times in GT5P?

There will be 16 cars per race in GT5. There was only 8 in the demo.
 
^ The playable demos tend to have 8 cars, but we've seen plenty of replays and screenshots with 16 cars (premium ones at that). Some press releases have seemed to suggest that we may even get more (possibly standard car only races).

Anyway, on topic, I agree. GT5 might not have every feature we wanted, in fact it's arguably a very unfinished, if still plenty huge game. I'm gutted about no livery editor, and probably limited weather and light cycles.

But with all these cars, new physics, graphics, improved sounds, damage, tracks, track generator, online, I don't think it can gail to be loads and loads of fun.
 
After starting to come back and check in again recently (been away for months), looks like there is a lot of new information about things I really didn't think we'd get. In short, I am effing psyched for this game!!!
 
After starting to come back and check in again recently (been away for months), looks like there is a lot of new information about things I really didn't think we'd get. In short, I am effing psyched for this game!!!

Your enthusiasm has rekindled my spirits, actually they were never unkindled , can you dekindle a kindle? I don't know, but I'm kindling man, I'm kindling.

On the subject of going back how it used to be, anyone notice the 3.2.1 sounds are back?? #odetothepast
 
On the subject of going back how it used to be, anyone notice the 3.2.1 sounds are back?? #odetothepast

Would you rather Jay Leno? :)
 
I love the simple(But deep looking GT5 Menus). :D
Should be easy to navigate my DrivingForce GT with!
 
Back