GT5 GTP_OMRS Month 1: New Series eXperimental

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 53 comments
Annoyed I missed this. Maybe I'm missing it being mentioned elsewhere, but not long between the thread opening and the first race?

That's right. My intent was to have everyone leave it close to stock (changes to settings in pre-race warm up is okay) for even/close racing. But there are some things I need to tweak me thinks.

Jerome

I don't think there's an issue with telling people on the day of the combo, maybe just give a longer warning of when it will happen.

Least you can limit power and the like. Can you define PP very precisely?

Yea, it's set up so that you can either pick the performance points restrictions or HP and weight. Me being me, I want to be able to have every option at my disposal and want to restrict between all three if needed.

Jerome

Got a present for you.

freak_lrg.jpg

*ponders buying one for his sister.

:lol:

It's true, I am. First step is admitting- you know the rest :P

Jerome

Nooooooooooo!!! What the!?

I thought race meetings weren't happening until April!!

Godammit! :lol: When did that change?

I also missed this one completely. Ah well, there will be more chances.

We always scheduled the first one to be in March, but you are welcome to attend any of the April ones!

Jerome

Annoyed I missed this. Maybe I'm missing it being mentioned elsewhere, but not long between the thread opening and the first race?

If it was such a good combo, why were you in such a hurry to get the race done? :lol:

Perhaps Maz can assist with some advertising 💡

Jerome

I also missed this one completely. Ah well, there will be more chances.

I did just manage to catch it on the day and looking forward to the April round. It’s hard to advertise these events and generate enthusiasm into members, I’m on my second event since GT5 came out, details here (LINK)I try to support as many events as I can make time for, WRS, T&L, OMRS.

One doesn’t want to be seen as flooding the forum with advertising events for the fear of being told off by admin, but I can see what your saying, what would be a good thing to see is a central list of events like this one from Jack (LINK)but it needs to be placed in a prominent place, then maybe the turn out for these events, be them admin or none admin events, may just get a better turn out.

Phillip.

How do I qualify for the GTP_OMRS? I noted in the first post that only qualified members are eligble, but I can't find the explanation how you qualify? (I am qualified for the WRS, but that wouldn't be the thing meant, right?).

Cheers

/\ That is exactly what we mean by qualified members. Anyone is in the GTP Registry can participate 👍 Hope to see you out there.

Jerome

To give you a kind of impression of the potential of this racing series, Ian and I shared some video's from our race in my Online Racing Video Thread. Take a look and let us know what you think, if you want ;)

I am very excited about the OMRS!!! I missed the first races but I will not miss the second! I am really looking forward to racing with driver's that aren't overly aggressive like you find in the online lobbies and with driver's that know what clean racing is! 👍

I am very excited about the OMRS!!! I missed the first races but I will not miss the second! I am really looking forward to racing with driver's that aren't overly aggressive like you find in the online lobbies and with driver's that know what clean racing is! 👍

Ah mate I didn't even realise you'd joined the registry, welcome my friend, welcome :cheers: :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

I will be up for this, nice to see a clean competitive racing series, I miss the racing with the likes of you Maz, plus all the other great racers I have raced with in the past. Looking forward to racing with you guys :)

Ah mate I didn't even realise you'd joined the registry, welcome my friend, welcome :cheers: :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Thanks Maz!!! Yeah, I just got placed a few day's ago and am already having fun with week 6! But I am more excited about the OMRS! Good to hear from you! Maybe we can get in a lobby together sometime soon and chat it up. :D:gtpflag:

I will be taking part, this game needed a friendly race series imo, It's almost impossible to find a clean competitive race lobby, certainly looking forward to this :gtpflag:

I will be taking part, this game needed a friendly race series imo, It's almost impossible to find a clean competitive race lobby, certainly looking forward to this :gtpflag:
You'll be adding your name here to then Plato LINK 👍

Phillip.

Back