GT5 honest opinion

  • Thread starter Thread starter J19NYB
  • 41 comments
  • 2,640 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT is all about the physics and the cars, even though it is still fun driving different cars around the same track most people (I think) still feel the need to try and "finish"'the came, that has been the formula for video games since day one. GT5 has the best physics hands down but it really lacks in in the overall fun factor of progressing through the game trying to complete it. To me It's seems that they tried to make the game seem like it has a lot of depth to it just by making it extrememely long and time consuming, they have substituted length for depth.

It's still fun, and I'll still play it, but they had a real chance to hit a home run and make the greatest racing game ever and they fell short, I think it will definitely leave the door open for other games to take over the top spot by the time GT6 comes out
 
On the one hand, look at the events in GT4:
http://granturismo.neoseeker.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_4_Race_List

Fantastic compared to GT5.

On the other hand, what other games, for $58, will still have you coming back after 4 months? Not many.

I suppose that if you see GT5 as a game with an end, e.g. a "Big Boss" or a Platinum Cup, then getting through it quickly is important, and with the present rewards v costs system, that just isn't going to happen!

But, if you see it as a driving simulator, where you can try out cars you could never buy on all sorts of different tracks, with different configurations, it could keep you going for years.

Having said all that, I am getting a bit bored as I've run out of places to take my beloved Bentley 8!!!
 
The problem, for me anyway, is that the game does not have any longevity, a path for that matter. After completing the less than challenging career events, special events and license tests, there simply isn't any incentive.

Multiplayer can be fun, however there is still something missing. GT5 seems to be dated in its format, and frustrating when it should be all about being challenging and fun.

There is hope, they are still patching it. Their quickness in patching unintended angles to the game is only matched in their slow recognition and progress in fixing the bugs and shortcomings. We shall see. After the long years of anticipation and waiting, I can't help but to be bored with GT5 and fear I shall soon quit playing it at least for a while.
 
KrazyM82 said:

Consequently, even if you quit your job, leave your family, and spend all your time with GT5, it would take at least 64 days of non-stop 24-hours-per-day rubberband-grinding (earning credits) and UCD-rotation-grinding (finding cars) to get all the cars.





well thats wrong. i got all the cars. no rubberbanding grind. just traded like crazy for 6 weeks LOL

When Socom4 comes out April 19th. gt 5 is done, unless we get some more DLC tracks, races, cars.
 
Those of you who dont want to play GT5 anymore, just go! we don't really want to hear you cry like a baby. Put it on craigslist and sell it!
 
I feel like very few people purchased GT to drive.

I couldn't care less about what level I am, how many trophies there are, or my % completion. I have cars, tracks, and good physics. It's not like there's a plot or anything to grow tired of, there are no twists, or hidden endings, you just drive.

On a second note, if you played other games during the past few months you wouldn't get so burned out on GT. The eject button on the PS3 works pretty well. You can swap games whenever you get tired of playing the one currently in the drive. This means you can also put GT5 back in the console a little while when you want to do more laps.

Reading this forum it sounds like most people buy a game, play it as much as possible as often as possible in order to get the bar to 100%. Once it's at the point the disc is thrown away and they move on to the next conquest.
 
When there is someting i dont like, i stay away from it, very simple.
 
Forza 3 right now is far far better than GT5 because there are many. More races and a better variety of cars (650) all premium. The only reason GT5 has 1000 plus cars is because there is 30 different skylines and like 50 different miatas.
 
Only time I've removed the GT5 disc is when I watch a Blu-ray flick.
Been on the edge though, Uncharted 2 is waiting to be played.... lol

Nowadays I get kicks (GT-wise) from buying a car I like and drive it online. I'm in no rush actually playing the game. :sly:
 
I feel like very few people purchased GT to drive.

I couldn't care less about what level I am, how many trophies there are, or my % completion. I have cars, tracks, and good physics. It's not like there's a plot or anything to grow tired of, there are no twists, or hidden endings, you just drive.

On a second note, if you played other games during the past few months you wouldn't get so burned out on GT. The eject button on the PS3 works pretty well. You can swap games whenever you get tired of playing the one currently in the drive. This means you can also put GT5 back in the console a little while when you want to do more laps.

Reading this forum it sounds like most people buy a game, play it as much as possible as often as possible in order to get the bar to 100%. Once it's at the point the disc is thrown away and they move on to the next conquest.

You hit the nail in the head! 👍👍
 
Sorry, but there's already a thread in the main section asking if you're still playing GT5 or if you have stopped. Please continue this discussion there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back