GT5 Idea: Negotiation System

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akira GT
  • 16 comments
  • 1,192 views
Messages
2,255
Ireland
Éire
Messages
DylanGTi
Messages
DylanGTi
I Think When You Are Buying/Selling A Car You Should Be Able To Negotiate
If You See A Car In The Used Car Dealership You Get A Negotiation Option For The Same If You Were Selling A Car
Tell Me What You Think Below
 
You Don't Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word In A Sentence.

I say just let me buy the car. I'm not going to negotiate with a video game over the price of a car.
 
Here's a better idea, let us buy whatever damn standard car we want, instead of the way it is now where only some are there at any time.

There is a pickup truck challenge that I may never actually finish because I cant find one in the used car section. Worst idea in a videogame ive seen in at least 10 years. Just awful game experience. The game intentionally tried to piss me off, that's always fun.
 
No need to capitalize the first letter of every word.

I'm not sure what the point would be, I don't want to simulate the worst part about buying/selling a car. A proper trading system or auction house would be better, as then you could negotiate with real people, rather than a computer with a predetermined amount they will take off the ticket price.
 
I want this guy!

Supercars_Dealer.gif
 
What we need is a full online marketplace, with reserve prices, expiry times etc.

Not the recycling of the boring used dealer.
 
WTF game is that!? Hahaahha
 
Well it's completely pointless as you would always click the 'Negotiate' button, why would you not if it automatically gets you the car cheaper/more money when you are selling? :confused:
 
am i the only one that likes the used car lot? what i would change about it is put ALL the cars in there...makes you have to think about what cars you REALLY want. if you don't like it just use the birthday glitch and be spoiled.
 
OP I don't want to spend more time doing things other than racing.

@ the picture, I loved Supercars I and II on the amaiga, great games.

RE: better brakes, buy better tires. Better tires = better breaking, not better brakes.
 
Maybe you could play a hand or two of Texas holdem for it, like Red Dead.
BlackJack or Roulette like Fallout - New Vegas. :cool:

I think credits would need to be a little easier to come by though.

At the least, all cars should have trade in value.
 
am i the only one that likes the used car lot? what i would change about it is put ALL the cars in there...makes you have to think about what cars you REALLY want. if you don't like it just use the birthday glitch and be spoiled.

It would make sense to have all cars available, especially with the xp system. You will see a car you want, that is above your level. It gives you a goal to grind a little bit to acheive it.
 
I really like the current used car system. After every event I rush over there and see what they have new. It's fun. I haven't bothered with the dealership, as those cars are always there.

Imagine trying to sorth through 800+ cars if they were all listed, no thanks.
 
Last edited:
No need to capitalize the first letter of every word.

I'm not sure what the point would be, I don't want to simulate the worst part about buying/selling a car. A proper trading system or auction house would be better, as then you could negotiate with real people, rather than a computer with a predetermined amount they will take off the ticket price.

Yeah, a real auction house might be preferable to the used car lot, period. In that other game, cars may have had more value because of tuning or certain liveries. Some people were willing to pay a premium for cars that had won many races.

We don't have a livery editor in GT5, but the one-time use paint chip system could help increase the value of certain cars if they have a rare color. GT5 easily keeps track of how many races a car has won too.

The other nice thing about the auction house is that many of the races require a certain type of car. If we don't really like that car, we can auction it off to someone else who may need it. Much more constructive than leaving it unused in the garage or selling it back to the game and losing it forever.
 
Back