28wdthj.png

2lwq9ue.png

2jcc6fq.png

nlq2ih.png

o72giq.png

x3uz9d.png

FM3 already looks outdated compared to this :bowdown::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Nice thx for that! But without being a... I say that is certainly pre-rendered (or at least some of it)...well we'll see at TGS I guess.

Yeah, its paint cracking off, you can see the dirt is wiped away as well from impact probably from the fence, Forza eat your heart out !!!

This game is gonna blow us all away, I can feel it in my bones !!!!

Thanks for the quality of the pictures, the shot with the le mans cars definitely has an audi R10 TDI, and it they (mazda as well ) are on the end of a runway, notice the red lights by the side, indicating the last 1500ft of runway.

Could be the top gear track, the only other runways used for racing (to the best of my limited knowledge!) are sebring, St Petersburg, any other suggestions welcomed.

I just can't wait for GT5 to drop into the scene proper. It is the standing king of Auto enthusiast simulation and enjoyment. I think that Polyphony Digital has taken their sweet time to bring the full game to the table....Prologue was just to hold us over. However, my guess is the full game will be top notch and fully rendered fun. Just wish they gave a release date.

while there are a lot of things that are up in the air about this game there is one that seems to be very clear... photo realism confirmed. lol

I don't know if this has been mentioned in some other threads yet, but I found the following improvements over GT5P in the video/screenshots that I like:

- improved engine and tire sound
- night/evening racing
- reduced shininess of the road (not sure if this is due to the timing of the race)

I am a little bit disappointed by the fact that they don't even mention a single word about the features or the release date of the game... Anyway, we are used to waiting.

I personally believe it's pre-rendered CGI, but it's really hard to say definitively. Prologue has shown that even an early build is hard to tell from reality. And as someone has said, PD may have just pushed GT5 beyond the equivalent of GT3 on PS2, and straight to GT4 exquisiteness with the extra time they've been pouring into it. Even Prologue makes Forza 3 look like Half Life 2.

I personally believe it's pre-rendered CGI,
I agree 100%. If the graphics are anything to go from prologue then the graphics wont be as good as those pics and videos. I have a 40" 1080P TV and I still see some (not much) Jaggies. Even the intro video in Prologue has better graphics than the game itself.

When has PD ever resorted to CGI, though? I think it easily passes as in-game considering some people still confuse real pics with GT & vice-versa.

Reventón;3414877
When has PD ever resorted to CGI, though? I think it easily passes as in-game considering some people still confuse real pics with GT & vice-versa.
I rember saying on a forum (Think it was here) About the GT5:P video that the sounds wont be the ingame sounds and that PD usuakly changes the sounds for the videos but someone had to question me. In the end I was right.

Also I dont think the PS3 would have the power to push those graphics ingame. To your question "when has PD ever resrted to CGI" Well look at the GT4 intro and you will see the difference between the intro and ingame.

GT5 looks incredible! I would agree with Tenacious, I think GT5 will have a greater 'wow factor' when released, than GT3 did on PS2.
I'm happy to wait longer so that PD can polish this simulator to perfection. :D:tup:
Rusty*

Latest Posts

Back