GT5 Lap Time Board

• Thread starter HotRodKing
  • 394 comments
I have an excel sheet i've been doing for a couple of years (GT4 and GT5) with about 150 lap times in Trial Mountain with stock cars. I'll enjoy sharing this. I'll add when I get some spare time

Hi there,

that is a very bright idea. I will contribute. I added a sheet called masking with an idea for the layout. Makes it easier to see and compare stock versus fully tuned.

If you don´t like it, just delete it or copy and paste it to the other sheets. Was just an idea.

This will take a long time.

STiG

Hi there,

that is a very bright idea. I will contribute. I added a sheet called masking with an idea for the layout. Makes it easier to see and compare stock versus fully tuned.

If you don´t like it, just delete it or copy and paste it to the other sheets. Was just an idea.

This will take a long time.

STiG

I like your idea of stock vs. tuned times and was just going to post something to encourage posting two different times for stock and tuned versions of the car. There is no reason for there not to be multiple times from the same cars with different tunes/drivers. i would LOVE to see that. the top tuner could even post exactly what they tuned (i would make a separate column for that on the far right)

As much as i like your sheet, i think it would be best to just post two different times on the original track sheet.

Hi there,

the 2 column version would just make it easier to compare a stock versus the tuned version of the same car. That was the whole idea. But if all drivers can post there times, that would make it confusing. So I see what you mean:tup:
The fastest cars should somehwo be highlighted. For example you have 5 stock Ferrari F40´s in the List, mark the fastest. Ones there are 10.000 entries that my help. (but only if the same car is posted multiple times)

A nice idea would also be the fastest time of the AI on a track related to a specific challenge/race.

For example the very first Sunday Cup Track Autumn Mini. Find the fastest car and time the AI drives and put it in the list. (Highlight it RED or something and the DRIVER would be AI and somewhere it should say the RACE/CHALLENGE)
What it does, it actually gives you a list of cars stock and tuned which are able to beat the AI at that specific track during that challenge.
For example I have a car which is stock and pretty slow. I want to race the SUNDAY CUP the first race, AUTUMN MINI.
I go to the Track in the list, find my car, find the AI car and if my car can post a better time....of I go racing.

If you like this idea I can try and figure some times out over ne next couple of weeks. I hope someone understands what I mean. English is just my second language...:scared:

Thats not really the idea of this spreadsheet though, this one if for laptimes people have got.
I'm pretty sure there is a race/challenge generator calculator here on GTPlanet somewhere that tells you what cars can be used to get a close race.

On the tuned/stock thing, I used to have seperate tabs for stock and tuned and than an overall for each track, it does mean you have to enter the info twice though. Not sure how you would do it for this google doc though.

For the moment I'm just enjoying doing all (most) of my times stock. I think I have only tuned like two cars!

great work guys! i love seeing all the new times!
feel free to set two times in the same car: one stock, one tuned. Just post both different runs on the board.

@STiG, what does the "(offline)" mean next to your psn?

Added a few more times, had a go with the go kart on the Top gear test track. Great track for that go kart. Im sure the top gear guys would love to hear that:lol:

@STiG, what does the "(offline)" mean next to your psn?

That means, that this is not may PSN Name, since I have none. It´s my nickname in this forum, so people can contact me for questions and know who posted the time. Once I have my PSN Name, I will change it. (Or not, depending if STiG39 is availably,...:)) If this distract people, I can delete the "OFFLINE" Comment. I probably could have just written "(No PSN)"....:sly:

That means, that this is not may PSN Name, since I have none. It´s my nickname in this forum, so people can contact me for questions and know who posted the time. Once I have my PSN Name, I will change it. (Or not, depending if STiG39 is availably,...:)) If this distract people, I can delete the "OFFLINE" Comment. I probably could have just written "(No PSN)"....:sly:

for now just using your GTP account name will be fine, just change it when you get a PSN

so everyone, now that we have performance points, do we update the lap time board to show the performance points? idk how important they are really to gameplay other than online restrictions cuz i haven't had much time to play the game since the update. what are your thoughts?

Maybe PP needs to be added to the list now that it is included.
By no means is it fool proof but it does now give a very good indicator of performance that a car has and its relativity on the leaderboard. 👍

Just added the Gallardo to my times on Autumn Ring and Monza (No Chicane).
Fast but a bit of a handful, particularly the rear, more so than I was expecting anyway. :nervous:

Last edited:
BOARD UPDATE

I have added three sections to the lap time board:

"PP" for performance points
"DT" for drivetrain
"Mics. Notes/Replays" for any comments you have about your lap, car, or to showcase a replay.

For those of you who have already posted lap times, please go in and update the Performance Points for your car. I know that PP changes often for many reasons, but please try to get the PP as close as possible to what it might have been when you set the lap times.

Thanks to all that have been posting times! The board has been looking really nice. Tell your friends! :gtpflag:

soon I will be added every track in the game so that anyone that has times on a track can post them without having to create a new page. I am stuck however as to what to do for some tracks. For example: we have The Ring 24h track and The Ring 24h track with weather and time change.

my question to you is, do you think weather and/or time changed tracks should be grouped in the same sheet, or two separate sheets? please let me know! :)

I really like this, one question though...........why run a car without changing oil?, its the first thing I normally do with a car.

It's still stock though isn't it?

I really like this, one question though...........why run a car without changing oil?, its the first thing I normally do with a car.

It's still stock though isn't it?

Well actually i was thinking about that today. "Stock" to me can mean with an oil change, just no extra parts or tuning. ill write that into the start page.

Ok, what do you think about engine re-fresh ?, I don't mean to sound picky :nervous:

A stock car means, as delivered buy the builder. So if you buy a used car, refresh the engine...it will still be stock. Cause it´s the way it was build in first place. Refreshing in particular is no tuning.

If you wouldn´t allow refresh and restiffening, it would be a stock car in used shape.

For the tracks. I would include an extra colum for dry/wet/night/reverse and then just write in what condition you used. Keeps the overall layout clean on the bottom.

A stock car means, as delivered buy the builder. So if you buy a used car, refresh the engine...it will still be stock. Cause it´s the way it was build in first place. Refreshing in particular is no tuning.

If you wouldn´t allow refresh and restiffening, it would be a stock car in used shape.

For the tracks. I would include an extra colum for dry/wet/night/reverse and then just write in what condition you used. Keeps the overall layout clean on the bottom.

I agree with you 100% on the stock issue at hand.

as for wet/night/reverse, i will put somewhere to denote time change or weather change but think that a reverse track should be separate because the times can vary greatly.

I will be updating this soon! :D

I have a sugestion. It would be nice to have the relation betwen weight/power. This data can be automatic calculated in the sheet... And is a useful indicator of the performance of the car. (IMO more useful than torque, wich says nothing to me XD)

Aded a few times in Nürburgring GP/F track... I just saw my torque is all in NM... I will changue it soon.

I have a sugestion. It would be nice to have the relation betwen weight/power. This data can be automatic calculated in the sheet... And is a useful indicator of the performance of the car. (IMO more useful than torque, wich says nothing to me XD)

Aded a few times in Nürburgring GP/F track... I just saw my torque is all in NM... I will changue it soon.

a power/weight ratio would be very useful (more so than PP) and I will convert them from nm to ft lbs. I did already for the civic RM.

Thanks a lot! :D

Also, thanks for putting the link in your signature, thats really cool and hopefully more people will see it from there.

Thanks for starting this. I've added a few to the list -mostly at the TGTT with stock supercar. Since the sole reason for getting GT5 for me is to do laps, a SS like this comes in handy.

Back