GT5 Lap Time Board

• Thread starter HotRodKing
  • 394 comments
Thanks for starting this. I've added a few to the list -mostly at the TGTT with stock supercar. Since the sole reason for getting GT5 for me is to do laps, a SS like this comes in handy.

haha yeah, all i really do in GT5 now is buy new random cars from the UCD, do the seasonal events, and set hot laps in random cars.

By the end of this week, im hoping to have at least all of the paved tracks up and maybe even all the dirt/snow ones. hopefully that will bring more people so we can have at least 10 times per track

a power/weight ratio would be very useful (more so than PP) and I will convert them from nm to ft lbs. I did already for the civic RM.

Thanks for correct them for me. Next laps I will convert for myself. (Less work for you :) )

Sorry but this thread is so sad it brings a tear to my eye. As its 2011 I find it incredible some are having to keep a record of their laptimes. This is something I used to do back in the 1990s. However since the invention of online gaming and leaderboards I haven't needed to do this. Basically what im saying is the lack of leaderboards on GT5 is a mammoth cock up by PD.

I have contributed, but i must agree. The fact we have to do this is quite annoying. It wouldn't take that much extra work from PD.. If they implemented a "sort by fastest time of un moddified cars" section, This thread wouldn't exist either... As for the new PP sort system, it is a good idea as it has the potential to really show which cars are best for online PP limited races and the such. What if, however you have traded away a car or sold it :nervous:?

Last edited:
Just want to add that im not mocking those who are posting on this thread. Im so frustrated with PD and how they have missed such a simple feature. This is one of my main gripes with PD, they spend 3months modelling a car & 2 yrs modelling a track like Rome and yet leave out a feature that would take very little time to implement.

If PD had put a nice leaderboards in game... But not. This is why this thread exist. Thanks for make me see the evidence, I didn't notice that... XD
You must have thinked a lot to see that... You must feel so tyred. Go to bed.
(/mode joke off)

BOARD UPDATE

I have added three sections to the lap time board:

"PP" for performance points
"DT" for drivetrain
"Mics. Notes/Replays" for any comments you have about your lap, car, or to showcase a replay.

For those of you who have already posted lap times, please go in and update the Performance Points for your car. I know that PP changes often for many reasons, but please try to get the PP as close as possible to what it might have been when you set the lap times.

Thanks to all that have been posting times! The board has been looking really nice. Tell your friends! :gtpflag:

Mics? I presume you mean the abbreviation for miscellaneous? If so it's "Misc."

A couple of cars from TVR- Tuscan 6 and Tamora both in stock form (with the brake bias/sensitivity set t 3:1) at the TGTT. As with RL, none are driven with ABS. Ever since the 1.06 patch I've noticed that braking without ABS has become less of a challenge. Prior to the patch, it was so easy to lock the brake and lose the car especially with non racing tires.

Also added NSX-R on the same track. The car seems unbelievably quick.

A couple of cars from TVR- Tuscan 6 and Tamora both in stock form (with the brake bias/sensitivity set t 3:1) at the TGTT. As with RL, none are driven with ABS. Ever since the 1.06 patch I've noticed that braking without ABS has become less of a challenge. Prior to the patch, it was so easy to lock the brake and lose the car especially with non racing tires.

Also added NSX-R on the same track. The car seems unbelievably quick.

Yeah it seemed unreasonably easy to spin the car without ABS. I will have to try it with the update.

Also, is it just my computer being slow again, or are the contents of all the pages deleted? Im not really sweating it too much because i backed up the list a day or two ago. Hopefully someone didn't delete everything and it is just an internet/server error because that would be a huge pain :grumpy:.

Yep same problem here for me. Its empty :(

Lucky I have all my own times on excel, but that is seriously a LOT of data entry to be doing again.

grrrr

I'm giving whoever the benefit of the doubt so far, otherwise.....................

Ugh, hopefully there is an easy way to import excel docs to Google docs. My internet is down so I can't work on now.

Last edited:
Always there's a son of a... troll.

is there a way to protect the data from stupid people?
I've got my laps saved on my own doc... But MUST be a way to avoid this kind of ****.

I think if you make a form to introduce the data people can modify the sheet, just view (maybe trolls could introduce bad data, but not erase it...) I haven't tried this but maybe is the way...

Yes, you can export excel to google.

I downloaded the spreadsheet yesterday afternoon, so let me know if you want it for uploading again, and i'll email it to you.

I downloaded the spreadsheet yesterday afternoon, so let me know if you want it for uploading again, and i'll email it to you.

Very good! Waiting for HotRodKing to restore internet connection.

This is a good idea. I took a few laps in Tsukuba with my LFA but when I came to add my time it become an empty spreadsheet. I hope you will fix it ASAP.

At the same time, why you don't choose some trusted members to have the permission to edit the list and not everyone? I know it will need more efforts but it will save you from idiots that don't think with their heads.

Last edited:
Oh what idiot deleted all the lap times? Fortunately I have downloaded a copy yeasterday, and saved all my lap times in another file... Some people really don't have anything to do in their lives...

GUYS!! I fixed it!!

I found the way to restore the doc at any modify any users has done to it!

File --> See Revision History --> Find a point that is recent --> RESTORE THIS REVISION

Hope it worked...

GUYS!! I fixed it!!

I found the way to restore the doc at any modify any users has done to it!

File --> See Revision History --> Find a point that is recent --> RESTORE THIS REVISION

Hope it worked...

you the man! thanks so much! i was in the process of reformatting the saved version I had.

So, we have the method to fix any action idiots that want to ruin our leaderboard can do in the future ehehe

Thanx Andy for the fix

I added my time in Tsukuba :)
I will update the power and torque later to make sure of them :)

Guys, I have plenty of time done on TGTT but with standing start, can I create another sheet where we can put our laps with standing start in the Top Gear Test Track? I think a lot of people like to do laps with standing start, as they do in the show. I usually start my laps from here :

topgeartesttrack2.jpg

Guys, I have plenty of time done on TGTT but with standing start, can I create another sheet where we can put our laps with standing start in the Top Gear Test Track? I think a lot of people like to do laps with standing start, as they do in the show. I usually start my laps from here :

topgeartesttrack2.jpg

I think that would be a good idea! then it can also be put against the real top gear board! very cool indeed 👍

EDIT:
just added SS and RS for rolling start and standing start

There is an option in practice mode wich you can change grip over borders and wet surface... I always select REAL.

Do you think it can be a big diference betwen both options in time lap?
It can be like an aid? (Maybe we have to specify this on sheet?)

There is an option in practice mode wich you can change grip over borders and wet surface... I always select REAL.

Do you think it can be a big diference betwen both options in time lap?
It can be like an aid? (Maybe we have to specify this on sheet?)

true, i never thought about that. idk what mine is set to off hand. how big of a difference does it actually make?

Back