GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
CCX
I have to say i'm surprised they're not releasing at least some screenshots or something.

I have to say I'm sick and tired of videos and screen shots.

Oh look at what you could of been playing on November 5th.

Let's throw em some screen shots and tease em.

I bet PD are having a good giggle.

Edit. My head is starting to explode and my rectum seems to be prolapsing.
I need to get to the epic rage thread and vent.

omg what is this dude :yuck::lol: damn !

It is an temporal distortion warp, an unintended globalization phenomenon. This is unequivocal proof we are trapped in an endless loop, where GT5 is in a forever "soon" to be released state, but never quite done.

I don't know if this has already been pointed out before but GameStop has listed GT5 for a January 1st, 2011 release date.

Speculation over men. He's cracked it.

Thank you for your information. I shall know longer be celebrating new years eve but rather camp outside a shop all night.

Happy new years. In advance.

Of course January 1st is a place holder, not least because it's a Saturday.

Although if I were going to believe any retailer it would be gamestop, with it's GT5 links, so keep an eye on that site.

Last edited:
Just to confirm...

- Tomorrow there will be another Turismo Tuesday or whatever it is called? SolidSnakex pointed out that they pulled the Course Creator vid, so that thing will probably make a comeback sooner or later... maybe tomorrow! So better keep expectations low (specially after the super, uber... SLS wallpaper).

- What's happening on Wednesday? (Outside of that possible Gameblog.FR PD studio tour\visit\thingie.)

- What's happening on Wednesday? (Outside of that possible Gameblog.FR PD studio tour\visit\thingie.)

Paris Games Week. Kaz is supposed to appear there with Sebastian Loeb to demo GT5. GT5 will be having a massive showing there as they're going to have 36 demo stations set up for it.

from an "official" source

"It has been noticed by many fans of the game, that there are many different dates given for the release of gran turismo 5. this is due to MULTIPLE versions of the game coming out on different dates.

GT 5: Demo spec A has no skidmarks but will have weather effects
GT 5: Demo spec B does have skidmarks but no weather and flying Merc amg's doing 999kph (although video footage has swiftly been removed)
GT 5: Placeholder spec, is a placeholder for an as yet unknown spec.
GT 5: The real waiting simulator is out NOW
GT 5: special photomode edition featuring 600 different types of camera's liscensed by companies such as Canon and nikon etc.
GT 5: KY special Spec featuring a tube of KY gel (Kaznori yamauchi) for lubricating your gear shifters
GT 5: Forza 4 Spec featuring Custom liveries that everybody always assumes will always be "hilarious" genitalia but never are. "

take from that what you will.

Last edited:
Paris Games Week The show is open to the public starting Thursday 27th.

26th no public only the media.. press. ?

Last edited:
GameStop has had accurate release dates multiple times. Including God of War III's, and GT5's former release of November.

GameStop
Pre-order Release Dates

GameStop.com works tirelessly with game publishers to ensure accurate release dates on our site. Occasionally, publishers run into problems during the production of a game and the release date must be changed. Sometimes dates move forward; more often they move back, and frequently they get changed more than once.

If a game is scheduled for release far in the future, the vendor may not even give us a date. In those cases we rely on the collective wisdom of our buying staff to estimate a date based on their knowledge of the industry and the vendor's history.

We guarantee that we will always post the best release date information available at the time of our posting. We know that you want that hot new game yesterday, and we want to be the company that gets it to you quicker than anyone else.

The GameStop date is just like any other vendor release date. It is not official, it is not guaranteed, and there is absolutely nothing to stop them from changing it as often as they want. End of story.

I just noticed something on the France Playstation Blog. They list developers who will attend to Paris Game Week and Kaz Yamauchi is not on that list.

Maybe he will not come to Paris Game Week?

The GameStop date is just like any other vendor release date. It is not official, it is not guaranteed, and there is absolutely nothing to stop them from changing it as often as they want. End of story.

Of all the retailers they are most likely to have a correct one. After all they are in active contact with Sony/PD for their Turismo Tuesdays promotion, trying to have exclusive content right up to release, 4 weeks of which seem to be already organised.

So it's worth noting if they change it to a realistic one. IMO.

Kaz is supposed to appear there with Sebastian Loeb to demo GT5.

Unfortunately , Kaz presence at the PGW is far from "confirmed" .

https://www.gtplanet.net/play-gt5-against-sebastian-loeb-at-paris-games-week/

Kazunori Yamauchi was originally slated to make an appearance, but the most recent post about the event at the PlayStation France blog does not mention his name. Considering he was originally set to be in Europe for the GT5 launch party in Madrid on October 26 which has since been postponed, he may no longer be making the trip.

This is probably just wishful thinking but Gamestop added just one week to thier Turismo Tuesday section. Could it be that we might get the game on the 9th but they can't tell anyone yet?

I just made my pre-order with gamestop.ca today and it states November 16, 2010 as the release date.

ProductDetails.aspx

They probably won't change the date until Sony announces the new date. They also have SOCOM 4 as a 1/1/11 release as its actual date is unknown also. The fact that every retailer seems to have a different release date for GT5 shows that they're all simply placeholder. Back when it was scheduled for Nov 2nd that was the date that would appear on all US retailer sites. So if that suddenly happens again (all retailers showing the same date) then it would be safe to say that it's the official date.

Of all the retailers they are most likely to have a correct one. After all they are in active contact with Sony/PD for their Turismo Tuesdays promotion, trying to have exclusive content right up to release, 4 weeks of which seem to be already organised.

That is as may be. They clearly state on their own website that they also post estimated release dates, as does every other vendor. Unless I hear it from Polyphony Digital themselves, I won't hold my breath - and even then, the recent delay proved (as if we didn't know it already) that even they can announce a release date that might not happen.

That is as may be. They clearly state on their own website that they also post estimated release dates, as does every other vendor. Unless I hear it from Polyphony Digital themselves, I won't hold my breath - and even then, the recent delay proved (as if we didn't know it already) that even they can announce a release date that might not happen.

Yeah it's far from confirmed no matter what they put.

Back