GT5 makes me feel...

  • Thread starter Thread starter interpunct
  • 62 comments
  • 4,554 views
Messages
756
United States
United States
Just finish the sentence about how GT5 makes you feel when you play it. You can add why too. :)

I feel fancy. I just love taking the premium cars and using them in Photo Travel and take a bunch of pictures of them or just race using exotic cars in the many city stages.

Its been a while since I've played anything (does Subway Surfers count?) so I just turned on GT5 and forgot how awesome the game is.
 
How does GT5 make me feel ?

It makes me feel.......

exhilarated.......when i have a rare win in one of our league races

happy.......when i jump on with mates and talk shyte on the mics for hours

Frustrated.......with the fact that every time i play i am reminded of what could be done to make the game even better

Angry......when all of a sudden the network isn't compatible even though i haven't changed anything from the night before !

Hopefull.....that all the things we want in the game aren't too far off !!!
 
A mixture of amazement, classy, and nostalgia.
Amazing because it is an awesome game that provides an awesome experience and has a gigantic list of features and cars (I love the duplicates too).

Classy because of browsing the NCD, OCD, or USD with that jazz playing<3

The hint of nostalgia comes from just seeing how far the series has evolved and I am glad I was able to grow up with it. :)
 
GT5 makes me feel...like a poor driver at times, especially when I try to compete with some of the online leaderboards on the Time Trials.
 
It makes me feel like Turn 10 made a better game. But that's just my opinion I still play both fanatically.
 
It makes me feel like Turn 10 made a better game. But that's just my opinion I still play both fanatically.

I tried Forza a whole weekend that I stayed with a friend of mine. I really like the game but other than the livery editor I'm really not missing the game at all. Still it looks great and it definitely has its pros over GT5 specially in the online game modes but GT5 just sticks to me for some reason. >.<
 
Annoyed and angry whenever a X1 is in a room that I join.
 
GT5 does make me feel it has the most narrow FOV ever... after playing other Sims.
And makes me feel the Nurb as close I can get it!
 
Lately makes me feel sad.

Searching for a decent online room for hours and hours and not finding anything. Yea, makes me feel sad.
 
It makes me feel angry when Looby hoster with lobby name "Streets clean no LFA" picks LFA and smashing everyone...
 
I get a little excited. I literally did a fricken happy dance when I beat the first race of the british light weight championship.

I was able to choke back the tears though. Just the happy dance for now.
 
Happy. Happy to have this game and still able to enjoy it!
 
GT5 makes me feel like a 64-year old Engelbert Humperdinck-obsessed woman with hoarding issues.

Can't explain it, only happens when playing GT5 and I don't even know who Engelbert Humperdinck is.
 


I don't know honestly. It makes me feel....in a word, good. That's all I have to say :p
 
In general, it makes me feel lucky... lucky to be alive during the technological revolution... lucky to have a brand new 55-inch LCD HDTV where GT5 looks so gorgeous... lucky to have a booming sound system to hear everything inside my chest... I just feel so fortunate every time I boot up the PS3, especially when playing GT5.

GT5 is a lot of fun even after 2+ years, although I have to admit it's getting difficult to get excited about the same cars (I own all the ones that are interesting to me) and I've been meeting a lot of foul-mouth turd people online, which takes away from the experience but I just leave the room and hope to find another one that's "clean" in more ways than one.
 
GT5 makes me feel...like Elmer Fudd!

elmer_fudd_cartoon.jpg


;)
 
.....disappointed and full of murderous thoughts - towards the parking, on-rails, zombie AI,
it's been 15years, get off the ******* rails already.
 
.....disappointed and full of murderous thoughts - towards the parking, on-rails, zombie AI,
it's been 15years, get off the ******* rails already.

The AI's aren't any better in other games. That's why online is your friend. :)
 
Bored after 15 minutes, I only play for photomode if I'm honest. It's sort of like one of those fancy restaurants that give you a beautiful looking turnip nicely decorated with some sort of sauce> It all looks nice but that's about it. Sure I love racing a lap around the Nurburgring in an Audi R8 watching the transition between night and day, but the AI, even online drivers aren't really that good.

Off line you all know the story, but even online, for someone who just occasionally plays GT like me (I play maybe once every month or two), you want to be able to go online to equals, but you always find wreckers, people who have 30000000 HP RX-7's with the perfect setup, or ones who are just too quick because they dedicate so much time to it.

Now I'm not a particularly bad driver, but I'm by no means a good driver, I won't be wasting everyone every race nor will I be crashing and rage quitting every race. I play a race in GT5 online, and it's boring for me, I either get smashed by someone, or I end up with cars being too far away to battle with.

Oh well, that's just my opinion. I love the car selection in the game, and the tracks, but the way they're presented in the line of gameplay aren't as good as other games. So yeah, I have just expressed my opinion and reasoning for why the game makes me bored... Now I'm probably going to get raged at...
 
Happy every time a play any GT game since GT1 i always have a smile on my face. Even if I lose!
 
Bored after 15 minutes, I only play for photomode if I'm honest. It's sort of like one of those fancy restaurants that give you a beautiful looking turnip nicely decorated with some sort of sauce> It all looks nice but that's about it. Sure I love racing a lap around the Nurburgring in an Audi R8 watching the transition between night and day, but the AI, even online drivers aren't really that good.

Off line you all know the story, but even online, for someone who just occasionally plays GT like me (I play maybe once every month or two), you want to be able to go online to equals, but you always find wreckers, people who have 30000000 HP RX-7's with the perfect setup, or ones who are just too quick because they dedicate so much time to it.

Now I'm not a particularly bad driver, but I'm by no means a good driver, I won't be wasting everyone every race nor will I be crashing and rage quitting every race. I play a race in GT5 online, and it's boring for me, I either get smashed by someone, or I end up with cars being too far away to battle with.

Oh well, that's just my opinion. I love the car selection in the game, and the tracks, but the way they're presented in the line of gameplay aren't as good as other games. So yeah, I have just expressed my opinion and reasoning for why the game makes me bored... Now I'm probably going to get raged at...

No hate here. But you could work with some of the stuff you mentioned. Add some forum users, I got a few in my PSN friends list and they have been super cool and simply the best when it comes to clean, fair racing. But you know, if you are bored with the game, it's better to take a breather than to start hating it for putting up with what you are already bored of playing.
👍
 
What other console racing games have you played? Because I've played racing games where the AI actually puts up a fight and races you. Forza is just one of them. No game's AI is perfect but there are some out there that are much better than GT5's.
 
........"like a racecar driver"!!!!
 

I got a few in my PSN friends list and they have been super cool and simply the best when it comes to clean, fair racing.

- I hope you mean me..:dopey: - Taking a break, from a game, is often a good way to enjoy that game more, when you return.
 
Forza has good AI ?... My brother has a Xbox + Forza 4 and Horizon + a Wheel, and i can say that the AI in the Game are so stupid... they ram you off , and crash in your butt if you brake in front of them.

Gran Turismo, if i brake, the AI behind of me would recognize that i am braking, and would brake with me.

Gran Turismo, if you pick a car with same PP as the AI, and no AIDS on, only abs and maybe Traction Control , you will have a great time :) Specially with a Wheel.

Sorry for bad English, and no i dont hate FOrza, i love it. i love the sounds and livery editor the most. But Playing with a Wheel, i take Gran Turismo because of those the Physics and Awesome Track/Locations/Weather Designs.

My Opinion. :) Well i must go to Work.
 
Last edited:
What other console racing games have you played? Because I've played racing games where the AI actually puts up a fight and races you. Forza is just one of them. No game's AI is perfect but there are some out there that are much better than GT5's.

Yeah, no. Forza's ai is a bit more aggressive but they still get stuck like zombies if someone crashes for example. I've seen it happen when I race.
 
Back