GT5 makes me feel...

  • Thread starter Thread starter interpunct
  • 62 comments
  • 4,554 views
Which Forza game are you referring to, because while I have not payed attention to what happens when the AI crashes in FM4, I know in Horizon, if they crash, they don't stay stuck. They're able to recover and get back on the road.

And as I've said, when it comes to actual racing, I don't think Forza's AI behaves in a brain dead manner. I actually feel like I'm racing them. In FM4, they will not let you push them around like GT5's AI does. If you make aggressive contact towards them, they will attempt to get back at you if they're nearby.

MAidioPT
Forza has good AI ?... My brother has a Xbox + Forza 4 and Horizon + a Wheel, and i can say that the AI in the Game are so stupid... they ram you off , and crash in your butt if you brake in front of them.

Gran Turismo, if i brake, the AI behind of me would recognize that i am braking, and would brake with me.

I disagree. They've only tried to run me off if I made contact with them. And in FM4, I've had them back away from me if I was too close.
 
I disagree. They've only tried to run me off if I made contact with them. And in FM4, I've had them back away from me if I was too close.

When you play the later championships the AI becomes way too aggressive, they will simply smash into the back of you or ram you out of the way; despite your driving line, which isn't the best solution to harder difficulty.

Anyway, Gran Turismo 5 makes me feel satisfied. Sometimes I am in a mood for a particular type of motor sport and Gran Turismo always delivers for that particular fix.
 
Ignition
When you play the later championships the AI becomes way too aggressive, they will simply smash into the back of you or ram you out of the way; despite your driving line, which isn't the best solution to harder difficulty.

Now I'm curious. I don't recall them doing that even on the hardest difficulty. I'll have to play FM4 sometime in the future and see.
 
Now I'm curious. I don't recall them doing that even on the hardest difficulty. I'll have to play FM4 sometime in the future and see.

I played it a bit in a friend of mines house. In FM4 I can't remember which track was it where while taking a corner I took first place and kept a nice line going until getting close to the finish line and a AI hit the tail of the car and I spun out, so I braked and I landed right in front of the car who hit me sideways. The car kept going for a few seconds before stopping, almost as if it didn't realise that is was crashing right into my right door. Funniest part was that when he did decide to slow down, he stopped completely and every car behind him started slowing down and bumping into him into a really big line of expensive european sports cars. Needles to say I lost the race cause of the laughter I had with my friends.

I'm not saying the AI is bad in Forza, all I'm saying is that it isn't any better than GT5's. At least in my short experience with the game. Sure they are more aggressive and competitive but remember, in Forza the performance points or rank system it has actually works. Not like GT5's. so you may end up in a OP car that meets the PP requirements in GT5 and thus not have any sort of challenge with the AI or game in general.

Oh and GT5 makes me feel creative, I used the Photo Travel mode to take pictures of cars I like and used them in my art project I had to do. :3
 
Gran Turismo 5 makes me feel.......hopefull......hopefull that one day I will own the real versions of the cars I have in my GT5 garage.
 

No hate here. But you could work with some of the stuff you mentioned. Add some forum users, I got a few in my PSN friends list and they have been super cool and simply the best when it comes to clean, fair racing. But you know, if you are bored with the game, it's better to take a breather than to start hating it for putting up with what you are already bored of playing.
👍

That's pretty much why I just occasionally play it. ;) I usually play it when there is something new to try out, like a free DLC (Corvette C7, which was a fun car). I don't usually spread any opinions on GT5, just this time I felt like doing it. :p It's still a good game, you just have to try and make it one when playing.
 
When playing, I am rewarded with the blissful emotion of unbridled seething rage. I'd prefer to leave them at home opposed to inflicting injury on my fellow coworkers.
 
- I hope you mean me..:dopey: - Taking a break, from a game, is often a good way to enjoy that game more, when you return.

👍

Like I'm doing, not much GT5 lately but after couple weeks I think it taste bit better..PS+ freebies are keeping me busy enought and Borderlands 2 after tomorrow :)

So GT5 makes me feel...to get some new games :)
 
GT5 makes me feel... angry (for some odd reason). It's because it makes me seem like a 🤬 driver at times and I always get warnings in racing series. Also...

GT5 makes me feel...like a poor driver at times, especially when I try to compete with some of the online leaderboards on the Time Trials.

tree'd. But GT5 used to make me feel like this:

 
GT5 makes me feel... Relieved... Relieved that i switched back from Forza horizon :D
 
I tried Forza a whole weekend that I stayed with a friend of mine. I really like the game but other than the livery editor I'm really not missing the game at all. Still it looks great and it definitely has its pros over GT5 specially in the online game modes but GT5 just sticks to me for some reason. >.<

Well forza is kinda good but my big brother have it and one day i enter a online race and i kinda miss gt5 penalty system and gt5 make me feel all happy and sad when i drive my 97 supra and say why they didnt make it P :(
 
.... happy because I can drive all the cars I want and I can drive the Nordschleife all I want without paying 24 euros per lap :)
.... sad because the AI is sh#t and drives concrete cars which never leave their path.
 
I feel absolutely delighted every time I do online racing, it truly creates a unique feeling compared to all those boring FPS shooters. This is what I've done for 18 months, and can't see it ending for a while now. :dopey:

On the other hand, racing the AI feels extra boring because they aren't nearly as fast or challenging as real human opponents. Because of this, much of the game is a bit of a letdown nowadays. This wasn't the case when I hadn't yet had any online experience.
 
I love the game and the cockpit view just makes me feel fuzzy inside and amazed at the detail:drool::drool::drool:

Also it makes me feel like I'm driving IRL and it makes me relax too.
 
Makes me feel like a great racing driver, specially when against the AI! :P
 
GT5 makes me feel happy and relaxed. It's awesome to come home after a long day and play some GT5 online or off, focusing on nothing but balance, entry speed and hitting every apex. Being in the zone when nothing else matters but your car and the track, there's nothing else like it.
 
Lately makes me feel sad.

Searching for a decent online room for hours and hours and not finding anything. Yea, makes me feel sad.
I really hate when that happens. And all the good rooms are usually full,too.:banghead:
 
GT5 makes me feel happy and relaxed. It's awesome to come home after a long day and play some GT5 online or off, focusing on nothing but balance, entry speed and hitting every apex. Being in the zone when nothing else matters but your car and the track, there's nothing else like it.

Agreed. I love gettin' in the zone on the seasonal time trials. Hours often pass without me noticing, and yet .1 second is a big deal :lol:
 
Playing GT5 makes me feel frustrated more than anything, I bought a wheel and stand to get more of a feel from the game, sure its fun for a while and the eye candy in 3D is ok,but I felt the controller only offered so much... So using the wheel I enjoyed the force feedback, but its a numb and lifeless dog when it comes to sliding a car, Now before people wise crack Ive driven and slide cars in real life and I would say 90% of the feedback you need doesnt come from the steering wheel... now I know without having some full arcade machine I'm not likely to get life like feel... but I guess you could say since getting a steering wheel GT5 has left me more numb and cold than when I was using the controller...

So to close, playing GT5 leaves me bored, numb and longing for more... shame really :(
 
Makes me feel Gray:odd:.
 
GT5 makes me feel...

...like wanting more, but in a "you can do better" sense. Often times, I feel GT5 was a chance to really provide an unbelievable experience unlike any other GT. As much as I love Gran Turismo and GT5, part of me just says this game could have been much more. There just seems to be more misses than hits and some disappointing execution. The game remains fun and playable, but part of me just wants more. I keep thinking about what that "more" entails the more I think about GT, blog about GT, playing GT, and things like that.

So I feel like wanting more. However, I don't want more from GT5 to the point of being greedy or discriminatory.
 
Last edited:
The past week gt5 has made me feel like I made a great choice moving away from the xbox and fm series.... Except today. Played in numerous dirty lobbies even when the title said clean racing :/ I don't mind a little contact but using me to get around corners is a little much. Out of about 15-20 races I had one guy run me off the road that actually pulled over let me back in front of him.
 
GT5 makes me feel 14 again.

I raced slot cars back in the 1960s at MMRCC, had a few club lap records and won a few pots in open meetings and got fourth, out of eight, in the National Championships saloon car race one year. (The motor blew a pole when I was second and closing on the leader and I limped the last few laps on two poles with reduced braking and power [The brakes came from back EMF.] dropping back as the field closed op behind.) That damn motor cost me a win at an open meeting the next month and was ceremoniously destroyed with a large hammer after removal from the car! I had great fun and bore my wife to death whenever 1960s racing cars appear on TV because over the years I had loads of different cars so say 'I raced one of those' every time.
 
GT5 makes me feel 14:lol:.I am 14 anyway.Also GT5 makes me feel like a good driver.Yesterday I battled someone in a GT500 Supra '97 on Suzuka for 5 laps (nothing purer than a one on one race:D).And won!:D
 
makes me feel like a drifter/racer.
 
I love the game and the cockpit view just makes me feel fuzzy inside and amazed at the detail:drool::drool::drool:

Also it makes me feel like I'm driving IRL and it makes me relax too.

Fuzzy? Lol yea when I set a good time I get 'the fizz' :-D
 
Back