GT5 N24 disappointment for me...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 3 comments
United States
U.S.A.
... That the Nissan GT-R N24 #123 does not allow and does not have any adjustment for downforce on the wing hence it is on ice at the Nurburgring... on the other hand the Schulze N24 does...

... That the Nissan GT-R N24 #123 does not allow and does not have any adjustment for downforce on the wing hence it is on ice at the Nurburgring... on the other hand the Schulze N24 does...
It can be tuned properly to be more driveable though, give it a try. It's worth it.

I’ve done the downforce thing 35/60 if ya get my drift and it runs awesome... reading the car real life description kinda makes it clear that they went for more HP and a more pure stock profile with weight and downforce resulting in higher straight away speed, but much slower in the corners. However, both N24 cars won their class in 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:
Frustrated Update-With all the in depth research I've done, and while I've been working on a new GT5 Nür type video photo extravaganza for the future in the photo video section, I'm still really disappointed in the GT-R N24 GT Academy 2012 model in it's "pure stock" form when not mod'd or hybrid with only a car wash, oil change, soft racing tires, and minor standard suspension tunes. The N24 Schulze '11 far out performs the N24 GTA '12 in pure stock form with a similar same type pure stock set up at the 24Hr Ring, but in theory it shouldn't, considering the real cars showed best real qualifying times at the Nür 24Hr of 8.59 for the GTA '12 versus a 9.08 for the Schulze '11 respectively. Just try running the 24 hour practice clean yourself in "pure stock form" and get a 8.59 with the GTA without the replay looking like you are ice skating, mowing grass, plowing dirt, and smashing apex. I understand clearly that the GTA does not allow for any down force setting where the Schulze does which of course is part of it, but at the same token the GTA attempts to offset with more power. Again, as I mentioned in my previous reply above, I get why this was probably done, but driving clean both cars, they should make fairly reasonable close times and not be off by 30+ seconds to a full minute at the Nür 24Hr circuit. The GTA gets out of hand which doesn't help matters. I just don't understand why PD made it this way considering it was their real car, although both did take first place in their SP8T class at the actual 2011-2012 races. I've been enjoying the game in a more realistic setting of late running the cars in pure stock form, but that GTA is getting the best of me when trying to put my Nür project together and finished. Please save it and don't tell me it's the driver. OK I feel better now...

Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 (SP8T).jpg
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 (SP8T).jpg

Back