GT5 Online EVENT RACE: 24th Oct 2013 - 550 PP Lamborghini Exclusive.

Lap times needed to catch the Miura rabbits.

Monza 1 : 55.1
Tokyo R246 1 : 47.3
Madrid 1 : 27.2
Spa. 2 : 29.8
Tuscany 1 : 09.0

Yes, very tough, only 2nds - 4ths so far. Gallardo and Miura slightly faster than SV.

Easy win to Tokyo about 7 sec ahead Miuras

Gallardo LP 560-4 08

carbon bonnet
sports intake manifold
racing air filter
sports exhaust manifold
catalytic converter sports
sports exhaust
fully customisable transmission
clutch twin plate
flywheel semiracing
torque distributing centre differential
carbon propeller shaft
suspension fully customisable kit

-20/-17
12/12
7/7
6/6
6/6
1.5/1
-005/015
bb 6/9
torque 40/60
transmission stock(change only max to 290 klm)

Easy win to Tokyo about 7 sec ahead Miuras

Gallardo LP 560-4 08

carbon bonnet
sports intake manifold
racing air filter
sports exhaust manifold
catalytic converter sports
sports exhaust
fully customisable transmission
clutch twin plate
flywheel semiracing
torque distributing centre differential
carbon propeller shaft
suspension fully customisable kit

-20/-17
12/12
7/7
6/6
6/6
1.5/1
-005/015
bb 6/9
torque 40/60
transmission stock(change only max to 290 klm)

I have an easier tune:

Lamborghini Aventador

Buy sports soft tyres.
Limit the engine until you reach 550 pp.
Turn SRF on.
Go.

A Miura is faster than a 620HP literal batmobile :banghead:

I was quite surprised to see them pull away on the Tokyo straight, even though I was drafting right behind them. Maybe it's PD's way of saying:

"Oh yeah, how do you like hacking NOW?!!" :sly:

Last edited:
I was quite surprised to see them pull away on the Tokyo straight, even though I was drafting right behind them. Maybe it's PD's way of saying:

"Oh yeah, how do you like hacking NOW?!!" :sly:
But it's really unfair that they run 557 pp and you can only run max 550 :ouch:. And I'm not hacking, I'm using a nearly stock LP-640.

I feel like I just lost a few IQ points for coming back to seasonals. Starting 11 cars away and halfway across the track from an illegal machine is not my idea of fun.

Which of these races are the hardest/easiest? Would someone mind ranking them from hardest to easiest? Thanks!

Just my opinion and experience....others may find it different....

Tokyo/Spa equal

Toscana

Madrid

Monza

I was not expecting such a hard race. Why did they put all the competition at above PP limit? That hardly seems fair.

I struggled, but won the first race in a 540PP Gallardo, but was just banging my head when I tried it on the 2nd. Finally, I had to resort to a fully loaded Miura, and SRF on (otherwise all my speed would be wasted on spinning tires). I then used the same setup for the rest of the races. I found Tokyo the worst.

What do you win at the end? A Miura. I was half expecting a Diablo :P

Agreed. Not sure what PD are thinking with this latest seasonal. I enjoy a challenge but Tokyo just seems a wee bit over the top, with the Miura rabbits' exaggerated performance. Currently sat on a 2nd with 1st in the other 4 races.

In short: "forget" the tunes. Just turn SRF on !

Unlike so many people here, I'm not sure if I like these Lambo events, with a trio of Miuras starting well ahead with a PP level greater than ours.
After spending one hour trying to perfect my Lambo's tunes just to get close to the 2nd Miura... I simply gave up. Turned SRF on and... it's a walk in the park.
I suppose that this is the only way to put some justice and even things up with PD's Miuras but I'd prefer to start in more even circumstances, and be able to win thru the use of "tuning science" :-).
After all it it's just about clicking on SRF...
Nope. I don't like these events.

In short: "forget" the tunes. Just turn SRF on !

Yes....I eventually had to resort to this if I was ever going to beat Tokyo & Toscana, because I could only manage to get second or third place without it.

Monza was easy enough in a Miura [no srf], and after a few runs of Madrid & Spa in a Gallardo, with some tune tweaking in between runs, I won them too without turning on the srf.

Fruitcakes' tune is superb though you still have to race your socks off to win tokyo. Toscana was good, not that tricky - learning the braking points is key as is maintaining as much speed as poss in the last corner. A lot of corners can be taken much faster than they initially appear.

Thanks to Fruitcakes again:tup: The only change I made was 3:1 brake balance due to ABS0.

Done all the races now, monza was easy with the 550pp gallardo from the last tt. However Tokyo drove me crazy!!

I used priaino's seasonal tune for the lp670-4 races, 1.45 laps on Tokyo will win easily. Spa was a personal favourite of mine as I love the track!!

So if you're struggling use the priaino tune and all will be well!

As has been noted, Monza's easy. Finally won Toscana using a Murcielago LP 640 '09, and even 1:08's may not be quick enough. I posted a couple laps at 1:07 in the win. I f'ing hate Madrid. I hate it less now that I won there.

Last edited:
I take to these events like they are always some sort of puzzle. Come on, the AI has got something like 558PP and 14-16 seconds head start and you need to tune your vehicle to the needs of the track so that you can pass all the clumsy AI riders and in just 5 laps. Because I know for sure I can't beat the AI vis-a-vis with your bare bones +2engine tune +1weight reduce +all the rest bells/whistles to get~550P Lambo.

(bolded mine)

👍 I thought I was alone in thinking this - and yet, there are so many obvious patterns. There are many 'games within the game'. Is it a coincidence that the Miura and the Gallardo have surfaced together in recent TTs?
I found many puzzles like that in GT4, and they seem to have expanded on the theme; no doubt GT6 will contain dozens of these little conundrums to solve. When one works out the precise formula of what car, for what track, and where exactly the 'approved' over-taking points are, one has solved the puzzle. In addition there will be some 'cheats' provided, for you to discover and use - for example corners that can be cut without penalty, or a certain car that will beat the 'pace-cars' at the lead.
Most times you will find that the prize car is a car that will certainly (in the right hands of course) beat the race you are trying to beat.

Do you guys have a silver bullet setup for a track type which suits all cars, I mean does a certain type of tune setup fit all tracks with long straights and certain type of tuning about any city track with lots of tight corners?

And I know I probably could find this info just browsing the forums but it would be helpful to know if there are some patterns you could use.

Horses for courses. This means that a certain car with a certain tune will come up with the right kind of agility, response, and speed ideal for that track taking into consideration the driver's own driving style and skills.
This is why a lot of players tune their own cars.
However - there are certain tuners - and many of the better and well-known ones are members of GTPlanet - who can aid, with the wealth of knowledge they have, about what does what - with providing you with basic tunes (an average tune that works for all) which you can then fine-tune to give you the responses you are looking for from the car.

A good example would be Penso's 'whacked-out' tune (as he calls it) that everybody seems to work on as a basic tune, and with their own tweaking get to work for them ideally.

Video is late today, but here nonetheless. Hope some of you guys can find it useful.

Thanks, oink - good thing all those videos are in one place - this one is surely buried now. :crazy:

A Miura is faster than a 620HP literal batmobile :banghead:

Too bad we couldn't use the Furai, eh?

But it's really unfair that they run 557 pp and you can only run max 550 :ouch:. And I'm not hacking, I'm using a nearly stock LP-640.

There's great difference between hacking and modding, sparky. Solve the puzzle. And yes - ssssshhh . . . . pass on the answer.

I feel like I just lost a few IQ points for coming back to Seasonals. Starting 11 cars away and halfway across the track from an illegal machine is not my idea of fun.

I hope you don't think cynicism = I.Q. points.
Being happy is quite an intelligent pursuit - and there's tons and tons of stuff in GT5 to be happy about. But if you look at it as a 'driving' game - then Seasonals are a very challenging game of 'Overtake' (Though that's only the tip of the iceberg - the 'practise' part of the game. Where you reap the rewards is when you are Online - and racing like a champ.)
You don't have to practise, of course.
I have also found that whenever Kaz throws us a challenge he has tested it out himself as humanly possible. Or used other humans to test it. Vettel comes to mind.

Video-gaming requires hand/eye coordination (though some use pedals, too :D). Kaz gives us this challenge - but he also provides ways out for those using the muscle between their ears. That's where the puzzle-solving comes in. :)

Just my opinion and experience....others may find it different....

Tokyo/Spa equal

Toscana

Madrid

Monza

Good list. I agree - with one addition: The individual events themselves have degrees of difficulty. For instance - the line-up of possible opponents for a particular race, may have a 'difficult' line up, a 'medium' field, and an 'easy' one. For example - trying to beat three hell-bent Miuras at the head of the pack is more difficult than just trying to overtake two hell-bent Miuras. That's when you use the quit and restart routine, till you find the pack you can beat - the pack that matches your skills.
Kaz made the game for 'Everyman'. Young and old.

I was not expecting such a hard race. Why did they put all the competition at above PP limit? That hardly seems fair.

I struggled, but won the first race in a 540PP Gallardo, but was just banging my head when I tried it on the 2nd. Finally, I had to resort to a fully loaded Miura, and SRF on (otherwise all my speed would be wasted on spinning tires). I then used the same setup for the rest of the races. I found Tokyo the worst.

To me - SRF, if provided, would be part of the tools to beat the challenge. If you can beat it without SRF, that makes you an advanced player.
If you need to use it to beat the game, and get the money and cars, then you've still played by the rules.
Unfortunately there are no other bonuses for advanced players, excepting knowing they can beat the challenges thrown at them when racing Online with humans and not pre-programmed Drive-bots.

What do you win at the end? A Miura. I was half expecting a Diablo :P

Interesting. Why a Diablo? I'm wondering myself what the next TT would be. Maybe the OD (a.k.a. OCD) might give us a clue? :lol:

Yes....I eventually had to resort to this if I was ever going to beat Tokyo & Toscana, because I could only manage to get second or third place without it.

Monza was easy enough in a Miura [no srf], and after a few runs of Madrid & Spa in a Gallardo, with some tune tweaking in between runs, I won them too without turning on the srf.

Welcome to GTPlanet. :cheers: SRF, or no, still not a bad show at all. You deserve a prize. Oh! Wait.. . .:sly:

As has been noted, Monza's easy. Finally won Toscana using a Murcielago LP 640 '09, and even 1:08's may not be quick enough. I posted a couple laps at 1:07 in the win. I f'ing hate Madrid.

Did I mention I love Madrid? Three down, two to go. Trying to bring down Godzilla.

Welcome to GTPlanet, bongoplyr - a double post is surely a sign of someone new around here. :dopey: The 'Edit' function is very easy to use - in fact Jordan has an advanced array of user-friendly tools at our disposal in this Forum - feel welcome to use them all. You'll find that you can go back and edit a former post - add, subtract, or delete it altogether (just in case you have the 'morning-after' blues ;)
Practise? You can try deleting one of the posts, and editing the other to add to it. 👍

As for Madrid - I like Madrid. Not in bloody reverse. Urgh.
Isn't a Murcie at Toscana reminiscent of a certain A-Spec Event of the past?

A Diablo because it seems that's the car we win for every Lambo challenge.

Too bad they couldn't gift an Aventador; I never did buy that DLC :P

WTF! I have golded spa and monza, but can NOT do better than bronze at Tokyo, is turning SRF worth it? i like my "nothing but 1 abs, everything else off" approach. Also, i now have the money for the miura, could use it for the TT as well, is that worth it?

can NOT do better than bronze at Tokyo, is turning SRF worth it? i now have the money for the miura, could use it for the TT as well, is that worth it?

Just turn on SRF to get it done with.

A brand new Miura will be no use in the TT as it has to be run in for dirty oil, at least 7,200 miles to get it down to 400pp

Save your 15 million and use a Gallardo with SRF then collect your shiny new Miura prize.

Managed to win Tokyo today with my own tuned Murcielago LP640... took a bit of work and needed to get the lap times into the mid 1:45 range but after that all the others were easy... even Toscana only took 2 tries (I personally hate the "random" custom tracks)

Managed to win Tokyo today with my own tuned Murcielago LP640... took a bit of work and needed to get the lap times into the mid 1:45 range but after that all the others were easy... even Toscana only took 2 tries (I personally hate the "random" custom tracks)

Wonder if you could share that tune you have for the Murcie?

Also - guys - I finally finished running in my Miura - went down to the TT, stock and took a 1:37 and change. Looking for a good tune now.

What do I like? A car that's fast, stops quick and can turn on a dime. Any ideas?

hey all, Golded first 4 events, but am having real probs on Toscana. Seems if I so much as touch one of the muppet Ai's, my steering is turned off at the same spot on the next lap. Is this the penalty you guys talk of, or do I have a glitch in my system? By driving fast and a little aggressive , I managed laps of 1.07 and second place by less than half a sec several times. Once the "penalty" started, best I can do is 1.09 and third. Seems you have to drive how the game says or bang, no steering, which totally sucks. Any opinions / help would be appreciated....cheers, Croozer

ps....Managed to win Toscana, eventually. Ended up driving like old grandma, was totally paranoid of touching AI's. In the end, the lead miura rammed me twice after I past it. Obviously didn't like getting beat

Last edited:
Tearing em up with my Chrome Line LP 640, Tokyo was a bitch mainly because the AI are so pathetic and get in your way at every turn but still won by 1.5 secs. Spa, very easy and would have won by over 10 sec but I did a 360 near the end of lap 2. Found it helps to put weight distribution at 50/50 so the car can slide that bit better, not been on GT5 for a few months before yesterday and found this event to be really good fun for a change. 👍

Also - guys - I finally finished running in my Miura - went down to the TT, stock and took a 1:37 and change. Looking for a good tune now.

What do I like? A car that's fast, stops quick and can turn on a dime. Any ideas?

There are a few good tunes on the TT#73 thread, Photon. Try Ridox/Doodle/SaidurAli/Julian_Ross...

^
Thanks, Jay. Was only kidding around; what the heck am I doing talking about the TT when we have enough on our plate with this Event? LOL.
Yes, will definitely try out some of the tunes by our resident wizards, since I want to try out my own Miura first before I start screaming to borrow one.

@croozer - so many factors influence the stability of your car: if you touch any of the AI; if you upset them by spoiling their line; if you go too close to certain walls, certain curbs or damage any of the track; and so many other similar incidents connected generally with less than clean racing - any of these will be reported immediately by the invisible track-marshals that Kaz has set up everywhere to spy on us - and this will result in all kinds of penalties being heaped on your car - from sudden loss of power, to dead steering, to tires that will light up and spin your car for apparently no reason at all. The noses of cars and walls are like magnets; they'll attract each other in the most fantastic way - and it will have nothing to do with real-world physics.
If you restart a race - it seems like the car retains its damage, its tire-wear, and a percentage loss in handling and power.
If you think you have got away by dodging a penalty by roughing up the AI and getting away - no dice - the track-marshals will see to it that you get' sucked-in-and-spat-out eventually.

But if you drive clean, and well, it's amazing how the AI will actually give you room at the proper over-taking points, and the leaders seem to slow down, too.

Someone's playing a game with us.
Or teaching us to drive.

We need missiles on these cars. Or I need to start playing GTA V seriously.

I won Tokyo against the 4th lineup (featuring 3 Miuras at the front) with a total time of 8:51.762. I was in 2nd place before the end of lap 4, as it seemed the cars were spaced out just right for passing. My Gallardo was tuned such that I could pass them both on the straights with 607 hp/1595 kg/550 PP, and in the corners, often with 3 tires billowing huge clouds of smoke!

Edit: I also used a technique of holding the throttle wide open while dragging the brakes.

Last edited:
This seasonal is too difficult!! I win all races with the Gallardo, except Tokyo. I only need to win there to get the Miura!!!! I just hope to do before the TT ends.

When I fire up the PS3 this afternoon I'll write it all down and post it...

I find pretty much all the modern Lambos are under-steering whores... my tune is about as close as I can make one steer the way I like... but I do know I have a bit of a different driving style to a lot

Back