GT5 Online EVENT RACE: 24th Oct 2013 - 550 PP Lamborghini Exclusive.

Won them all, but Tokyo was tough. Took four or five tries, and finally turned SRF on. Used the Gallardo, with Fruiticakes tune. Hope I don't see another Lamborghini seasonal for a while.

I have passed the Tokyo R246 race with Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08. My total time is 8.53.372 and my best lap is 1.45.261

Her is my setup:

-no need any tune just changed the traction 40/60 4x4
-all aids off only ABS:2 TC:2
-with sixaxis, automatic transmission, X button for throttle, square button for brake, thats all....

Thanks, Musicracer - no hurry. I may not be using the tune for the event, but the Murcie is one of my favourite cars, and I'd love to try a tune on it. TBH - I'm somewhat of a purist and prefer to always drive my cars stock. I find that tuning makes the cars a bit homologous, and one cannot really relish the idiosyncracies of each particular car - but I do try the occasional tune for fun. A tune on the Murcie would be a lot of fun for sure; it's a helluva car! :lol:

In truth, many Gallardo setups can be used to win Tokyo. Some will involve downforce and weight reduction or stock weight. But I go for a lot of ballast in order to maximize horsepower, torque, rpm and consequently, straightline speed and drafting overhead speed capability. With this setup, you can pass any car on the straight or in a corner.

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
354 miles, no oil
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Ballast @ 199 @ +50 for 1594 kg, 38%/62% weight distribution

ECU
Stage 3 NA tuning
PL 87.1% for 607 hp
Sports Cat
Titanium racing exhaust

Ride height: -8/-8
Spring rate: 12.0/12.0
Damper E: 8/9
Damper C: 6/7
ARB: 5/6
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: -0.10/-0.05
LSD F: 5/9/5
LSD R: 9/15/15
Torque split: 40/60
Transmission:
Set Final to Max
Set speed to Min
1st: 3.131
2nd: 2.423
3rd: 1.931
4th: 1.585
5th: 1.338
6th: 1.165
Final: 3.570 <---shows 183 mph in upper right. You may shorten this for Madrid and Toscana.
Brake balance: 6/4

Driving options:
G27 wheel
AT
SRF on <---This setup was developed with SRF off, but SRF is indicated "on" here for Tokyo.
TC 1 or 2
Active steering off
ABS 1
Sensitivity 7 (not that it matters much)

I found the 4th lineup after a reset very easy to beat, almost catching the lead car by the end of the 4th lap. The cars were strung out in an ideal sequence to pass. Keep the gas pedal mashed as much as possible and stay off the walls and you will win.

Last edited:
I finally managed a very elusive win at Tokyo with only aid as ABS: 1. I managed to pass the 2nd and 3rd place Miuras before crossing the line to start lap 5. With a deficit of only 2.7xx" at start of lap 5, I was confident I'd close the gap. Best lap was a 1'45.8xx" on lap 2. Here's my Miura tune that FINALLY got me there:

MIURA P400 BERTONE PROTOTYPE CN.0706 '67
Sports Softs
550 PP
458 hp
980 kg
Oil change and 250+ miles on the odometer
tuned using DS3

Permanent mods
Weight reduce: stage 3
engine tuning: stage 1
chassis reinforcement
lightweight windows

equip all the best available removable tuning parts (air filters, exhaust, LSD, transmission, drivetrain, etc.)

Settings
Ballast: 108 kg
Ballast location: +17 (creates 43/57 weight distribution)

transmission
1. Reset to default (top speed 186)
2. final gear to 3.309
3. adjust individual ratios:

1st - 3.044
2nd - 2.010
3rd - 1.493
4th - 1.182
5th - 0.980

LSD initial - 6
LSD accel - 46
LSD decel - 13

Height (F/R) -7/-7
Springs (F/R) 8.8/7.3
Extend 6/6
Compress 6/6
ARB 2/1
Camber 2.3/2.4
toe 0.00 / +0.05
brakes 6/4

These settings allowed for fine control of throttle-induced oversteer. Since she's naturally aspirated, this throttle control was beautiful. Made it drive more like a supercar version of an Elise or Miata. I noticed that I still got the outside rear tire spinning at turn exit most of the time, so some may prefer to increase the LSD to 50+ or encourage a little more understeer by tweaking the suspension.

Crucial points in Tokyo for me to get my lap times down (after more than 25+ attempts with 4 different vehicles):
1. the dipping (and blind) high-speed downhill S
- I found that I shaved a good bit of time really dive-bombing the 2nd apex. I tried not to brake to a speed lower than 109 or 110 mph and get immediately back (nearly full) on the throttle. I learned to trust the added grip the car gets when smushed down at the bottom of this dip.

2. the final turn
- My line through this turn evolved the more I drove this course. I used to take a less-aggressive approach and make the whole turn pretty smooth (never allowing the roll of the car to lean too far left and trying to avoid any loss of traction ever). I found myself giving up this technique in favor of a line that involved an apex that was tighter (over the inside curbing) and pointed straight-ahead as I saw the long straight away at turn finish. This seemed to give me the best speed at turn exit, which is crucial given the really long straight that this turn precedes. I learned to encourage the car to get a little loose/initiate a little oversteer at turn in, and with careful throttle control in 1st gear keep the attitude of the car pinned (pointing-in) while the body kept its lean to far left.

3. start of breaking at turn 1
- I found that it was really key for every single lap to nail the breaking start point. My speed had to be just right touching first turn apex, and I had to just barely get down to this apex speed in time for the corner. Each lap leads up to the 'distance to corner' signs with different speeds (drafting/lap 1 much lower speed), so adjustments here took practice. They also vary depending on which cars are in the field.

In truth, many Gallardo setups can be used to win Tokyo. Some will involve downforce and weight reduction or stock weight. But I go for a lot of ballast in order to maximize horsepower, torque, rpm and consequently, straightline speed and drafting overhead speed capability. With this setup, you can pass any car on the straight or in a corner.

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
354 miles, no oil
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood

ECU
Stage 3 NA tuning
PL 87.1% for 607 hp
Sports Cat
Titanium racing exhaust

Transmission:
Set Final to Max
Set speed to Min
Final: 3.570 <---shows 183 mph in upper right. You may shorten this for Madrid and Toscana.

Driving options:
G27 wheel
AT
SRF on <---This setup was developed with SRF off, but SRF is indicated "on" here for Tokyo.
TC 1 or 2
Active steering off
ABS 1

I found the 4th lineup after a reset very easy to beat, almost catching the lead car by the end of the 4th lap. The cars were strung out in an ideal sequence to pass. Keep the gas pedal mashed as much as possible and stay off the walls and you will win.
This setup finally won it for me. Thanks for the tune.

Got the other races down easily, still having a bit of a battle with Tokyo, still struggling to get any higher than third, but know where I can improve.
Highlight so far was pulling a sweet sliding pass move and smoking one of the Contach's into the wall

ywup.jpg

WTF! I have golded spa and monza, but can NOT do better than bronze at Tokyo, is turning SRF worth it? i like my "nothing but 1 abs, everything else off" approach. Also, i now have the money for the miura, could use it for the TT as well, is that worth it?

With SRF on you can pretty much take that wide 180 degree corner in full throttle. That corner alone will gain you 2-3 seconds. Just remember to use a bit of slide, as that's when the SRF kicks in and adds more grip.

Got the other races down easily, still having a bit of a battle with Tokyo, still struggling to get any higher than third, but know where I can improve.
Highlight so far was pulling a sweet sliding pass move and smoking one of the Contach's into the wall

ywup.jpg

Well done mate!
After 10 or more consequtive failed attempts to beat that event, I switched to MadMax mode.

Mad Max mode: running wild and hit everything that moves :)
Good thing I dont have to pay the bill for scratching all those wondeful Lambos!.
(Its like what Jibator did to that yellow Countach)

Thanks, Musicracer - no hurry. I may not be using the tune for the event, but the Murcie is one of my favourite cars, and I'd love to try a tune on it. TBH - I'm somewhat of a purist and prefer to always drive my cars stock. I find that tuning makes the cars a bit homologous, and one cannot really relish the idiosyncracies of each particular car - but I do try the occasional tune for fun. A tune on the Murcie would be a lot of fun for sure; it's a helluva car! :lol:

Sorry it took me a bit longer than I expected... real life keeps getting in the way LOL

I usually try every car standard at first... but I love tweaking all the cars to suit me so they never stay standard long.

Here is my Murcielago LP 640 Tune - its my first time so be gentle...

Mods
Stage 3 Weight
Windows
Carbon Bonnet ('cause I love the look)
Rigidity
All the Aero bits (again mostly for looks)
Sports ECU
Stage 1 Engine Tuning (probably don't actually need it but had already done it for some reason)
Sports Intake
Racing Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust (for the sound)
Full Custom Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Custom LSD's
Torque Controller
Carbon Prop Shaft
Custom Suspension

Settings
Rear Wing @ 10
Weight -> 1520kg - 170kg Ballast @ -50 --> 48/52 distribution
Gearbox - 4.409, 3.164, 2.406, 1.914, 1,575, 1.328
Final - 2.597
LSD -> 8, 10
18, 35
10, 20
Torque Split -> 30/70
Suspension -> -20, -16
12.5, 12.0
6, 4
5, 5
5, 3

2.3, 1.6
-0.35, 0,00
Brakes -> 8, 6

Even with my pretty crap driving ability it was capable of a 1:45.438 on Tokyo

Sorry it took me a bit longer than I expected... real life keeps getting in the way LOL

I usually try every car standard at first... but I love tweaking all the cars to suit me so they never stay standard long.

Mods
Stage 3 Weight
Windows
Carbon Bonnet ('cause I love the look)
Rigidity
All the Aero bits (again mostly for looks)
Sports ECU
Stage 1 Engine Tuning (probably don't actually need it but had already done it for some reason)
Sports Intake
Racing Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust (for the sound)
Full Custom Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Custom LSD's
Torque Controller
Carbon Prop Shaft
Custom Suspension

Settings
Rear Wing @ 10
Weight -> 1520kg - 170kg Ballast @ -50 --> 48/52 distribution
Gearbox - 4.409, 3.164, 2.406, 1.914, 1,575, 1.328
Final - 2.597
LSD -> 8, 10
18, 35
10, 20
Torque Split -> 30/70
Suspension -> -20, -16
12.5, 12.0
6, 4
5, 5
5, 3

2.3, 1.6
-0.35, 0,00
Brakes -> 8, 6

Even with my pretty crap driving ability it was capable of a 1:45.438 on Tokyo

My best at Tokyo is currently 8:50.397 using the Gallardo with SRF on. Best lap was in the 1:44.9xx range, but that was getting lucky drafting during the long straightaways. Tried this race many times without winning.

Does anyone else find the first turn a complete PITA? Touch the first obstructing car, then touch the far wall, reset, and repeat. Ugh.

Last edited:
i tried somebodys tuning but have to turn hp down to 550 to get stage 3 of the tuning thing and so on and so far I cant get close to winning at Tokyo or any of them really.... i also do the "inside the line nascar" game and tuning cars there is a hassle too, i wish you could buy or earn tuning set ups, you sort of can on nascar...nascar is not my kind of thing politically, if you know what i mean, but i do like racing against a bunch of rednecks at Talladega at 200 mph :-)

i have silver i think at two of the tracks, but Tokyo is especially hard

Last edited:
Other than my Miura tune above (which is pretty touchy - smaller steering inputs are needed to keep that bull from goring), I really enjoyed Motor City Hami's tune for the SuperVeloce. (Note Motor City's tune was created using a wheel, but I still found it excellent even using DS3.)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes.167421/page-24#post-8572339

I may have dropped more of the weight of the SuperVeloce tune above (and power limited, too).

For my driving style/tuning preference, I lean towards a lighter and (thus) lower-powered car. This translates to having to try these Lambo Seasonals more than once to find those corners where huge amounts of time can be cut by maintaining higher speed throughout corner or just taking a drastically different (better!) line than the lame duck AI. For example, at Toscana there's a corner that has a little dip at its apex at which you can carry 10 or 15 more mph through the corner than any of the AI cars do. I think this dip corner is part of a 2 or 3 corner series and appears two or three turns from the end. The added speed comes at no cost to your set-up for the following (I think final?) corner. When your car has been lightened and the power massively cut, it takes this kind of faster cornering to shave time.

Where to start braking for turn one in Tokyo:
In the Miura I tend to hit about 181 mph right when I need to begin braking. In terms of markers on the course, the exact point to begin threshold braking is just a few meters in front of the first 'distance to corner' sign (200 meters?). I also use ABS at 1, and I don't necessarily keep the brakes on full. Why not full brakes until you've hit the slower cornering speed necessary? Remember the start and stop license tests? Revisiting some of the straight line license tests may improve your straight line braking technique. I think the one most applicable is the Aston Martin start/stop test at the Top Gear Test Track (IC-1?). I'm pretty sure silver can be had with full-on braking, but gold takes just the right technique (or your perfect ABS/brake balance setting - your choice).

Thanks Musicracer - much appreciated. ;) 👍

Simple solution guys. At Monza raise the ballast a bit and you can run more power. I suggest using the Murciealgo or the Super Veloce. I run lsd 10 10 10. Stock suspension except toe angles- .00 front/ -.25 rear (negative). If you ballast the car to around 1600kg, you can run the power levels higher which allows more top speed and acceleration. You dont want too much ballast, it will hurt your braking. Keep gearing tight until you get to 5th and 6th at Monza. You want to take advantage of the draft.

For the slower tracks, keep low gearing. I suggest a top speed of 160mph because you wont hit that especially at Madrid. Mostly you need to pass the cars cleanly and at certain points on track. Tokyo is tough because you need speed and handling. Thats the only track that should be difficult.

i tried somebodys tuning but have to turn hp down to 550 to get stage 3 of the tuning thing and so on and so far I cant get close to winning at Tokyo or any of them really.... i also do the "inside the line nascar" game and tuning cars there is a hassle too, i wish you could buy or earn tuning set ups, you sort of can on nascar...nascar is not my kind of thing politically, if you know what i mean, but i do like racing against a bunch of rednecks at Talladega at 200 mph :-)

i have silver i think at two of the tracks, but Tokyo is especially hard

I sure don't want to sound like a know-it-all here but the trick, if there is one, isn't the tune. My best time was with stock Countach from the OCD. It handles like a dream but, so far, I only have third. I've tried everything, every Lambo that I have and I have many. It's not the car, it's getting five quick and clean laps without hitting a wall or another car. Some have won it with 1:47s, some with 1:45s. If you run clean laps, you will notice that the lead times gets progressively less. If you bump something, they jump more than they should. It's a pain but you learn the track and how to get the best line. There are lots of tips in this thread but the tune is irrelevant, at least from my experience. This one event is different, not like the other four.
(When I win Tokyo, I will put the car on share, whichever one it is. If you tune, tune for YOUR driving style. The stock '74 Countach fits my style, the Anniversary edition doesn't.)

The stock '74 Countach fits my style, the Anniversary edition doesn't.)

Yes, I think the '74 Countach (and the Miura) handles better than the 4WD Lambos, and can be used to win any of the events. Certainly either one works exceptionally well at Toscana - although I like to carefully tune them!

74 countach, ouch, no way will i ever win with this car without magical tuning

not sure how many more times i can do this without just losing interest

and tuning like suspension not knowing anything about it in real life makes trying to accidentally do it correctly, well it is impossible

need to offer tunes you can buy or earn...

Here is an abbreviated setup for the '74 Countach; great fun at Toscana!

Lamborghini Countach '74

Downforce 10
Ballast 35 @ +25
PL 96.8%
Chassis stiffness equipped
Stage 3 weight reduction
Stage 3 NA tuning
LSD: 7-21-11
-10 / -10
12.3 / 12.3
Ext : 7/5
Cmp: 6/4
Arb: 4 /4
Cmb: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.15 / +0.05
Brake: 6/4
Top speed: 185mph

cant find downforce to adjust
i must need to buy something

Oh, need aero kit, cant buy one, how is that possible

found it, picked c, dont know any better , didnt know this was even option

could only buy wing, no others were option

Last edited:
You might want to keep it down a bit, randys - you really don't want to wake up the cops. ;)

Here is an abbreviated setup for the '74 Countach; great fun at Toscana!

Lamborghini Countach '74

Downforce 10
Ballast 35 @ +25
PL 96.8%
Chassis stiffness equipped
Stage 3 weight reduction
Stage 3 NA tuning
LSD: 7-21-11
-10 / -10
12.3 / 12.3
Ext : 7/5
Cmp: 6/4
Arb: 4 /4
Cmb: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.15 / +0.05
Brake: 6/4
Top speed: 185mph

Thanks, Steve - will give this a try, too.

LOL. Every other seasonal I show up and will spend way too much time on tuning low PP cars to maximize my returns. Everytime I drop into a Lamborghini Exclusive race and find 2 or 3 Miuras out front, skill and quality go right out the window. PD might as well be writing me a license to build as much car and drive as dirty as I want. I can't stand those things.

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
354 miles, no oil
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood

ECU
Stage 3 NA tuning
PL 87.1% for 607 hp
Sports Cat
Titanium racing exhaust

Transmission:
Set Final to Max
Set speed to Min

Driving options:
G27 wheel
AT
TC 1 or 2
Active steering off
ABS 1

THANKS for this setup, 1st time posting, always read the forums for help on the seasonals and I always gold them all but this one is killing me. By far the best setup I've found but I am still only finishing 4th, 3 seconds of the pace. Is there anyway of increasing the acceleration? as I feel that's where I am losing the most out.

Back