GT5 Pre-Order Bonuses?

• Thread starter turbomp301
  • 733 comments
GTP_HAAS599
your kiddin' right?
What pre-order bonuses would you prefer? cars, cash, or stickers maybe? Creativity is encouraged here.

I wouldn't mind the same cars that came with GT:PSP myself

We have been seeing a lot of action figures come with games. How about a little model car that matched the GT5 cover car.

Maybe a discount on an All DLC Subscription... I wouldn't like any content to be just for pre-orders and free cash is the same as stealing gameplay from me! I want to earn it myself.

If anything it would be a model car as you said or a poster or maybe a drivers guide or a making of-DVD. But I don't think there will be anything.

probably something along the lines of a keyring will be given, i remember GAME uk, gave keyrings for GT4.

however i would like a poster or special packaging, and i dont mind special cars like the psp version, however i wouldnt want them straight away, for example, you should be able to purchase them, they shouldnt be given at the start of the game, as this makes it unfair

I agree with the above post. Getting a Ferrari or Buggati at the start would not work in the regular GT Mode at all. It would be like a not so extreme Gameshark to be honest.
I think that some form of poster or keyring would be a fantastic thing to give.
Allyn 👍

GT5 really doesn't need any incentive to be preordered. It's gonna sell no matter what. If I had to pick, I wouldn't mind a keyring or a license plate frame.

I like the way GRID featured a number of pre-order cars. The play.com Aston Martin DBR9 was very useful for me, and you unlocked all of them in the end anyway. Something like that in GT5 would be nice. Although actually custom pre-order liveries would be a great way to show off online :)

Well, I have already preordered my copy of GT5 from EB games so i guess i'm not getting anything! But I think something simple would suffice. Not quite sure what though.

People who bought GT5P and preorder GT5 should get a good discount. In fact, buying Prologue should give you a discount for GT5 alone. But that won't happen.

DLC should be given to pre-orders like the PSP GT.

How about a GT5 book of the cars and tracks with some tutorials, tips. Photos and behind the scenes stories of the making of GT5. Some history of the cars and tracks...etc.

IMHO unlocked all cars is pretty good for preorders. Find it very stupid to make people play to have a chance to drive a car. There are 1000, and i want them from the 1 day on, I bet there are many people out there without much time to unlock thousand cars.

IMHO unlocked all cars is pretty good for preorders. Find it very stupid to make people play to have a chance to drive a car. There are 1000, and i want them from the 1 day on, I bet there are many people out there without much time to unlock thousand cars.

I guess that's all part of the challenge. They want you hooked 24/7 it's like a drug if you want the other car you have to work for it to get your fix.:nervous::crazy::ill::dopey:

Keychain would be nice, but as posted earlier, PD don't need to give anything away for pre-ordering. t'll fly off the shelves no matter what.

I hear ya buddy, just wait for a gamesave to pop-up on this site with all cars unlocked.

So let me get this straight: you want all the cars unlocked from the beginning because you are too lazy to play the game? :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight: you want all the cars unlocked from the beginning because you are too lazy to play the game? :rolleyes:

Some people simply want a driving/racing sim and not a video game. If someone doesnt have the time and skill it takes to earn the faster cars you could argue that maybe they dont deserve to drive them but then they arent getting what they paid for.

Some people simply want a driving/racing sim and not a video game. If someone doesnt have the time and skill it takes to earn the faster cars you could argue that maybe they dont deserve to drive them but then they arent getting what they paid for.
Maybe I was being a little harsh, but "back in the day" you had to earn the cars and the tracks yourself by playing the game and getting better in it, not by preordering the game with everything already unlocked. 👎

I don't mind having some fast cars unlocked in arcade, so you can have a few quick races against friends. In GT Mode, however you should start with a crappy beater and work your way up. Thats what GT is all about IMHO.

However, most videogames require you to unlock the fast cars.
Personally I would never pay money to unlock items when i could unlock them myself by winning races (like EA does with NFS) but thats your own decision to make

I agree with the above post. Getting a Ferrari or Buggati at the start would not work in the regular GT Mode at all. It would be like a not so extreme Gameshark to be honest.
Just don't use the car, no one is forcing you to. The only other explanation is that you're jealous of pre-ordering people.

AFAIK pretty much all cars are available to buy from the beginning of the game. It's not hard to get the dough to buy them. It's a game, not a friggin' showroom, so this idea is just weird (it would imply having a garage at the beginning of the game already filled with 1000+ cars...).

If your pre-order from Amazon.com. You will get this.

GT5_Stealth.jpg

Back