GT5 Prologue in TGS 2008 @ Playstation Home Beta (Update)

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 56 comments
ive just launched GT5p from the TGS08 booth

first i tried my US copy of GT5p and i got the same message you got
then i put in my JPN copy of GT5p and it started up normaly

but for some reason it kicks you outta HOME when GT5p launches
and then youre left with basicaly GT5p (nothing new)

Ah yes! Was going to document it this morning but been busy lol, As you say you can Launch GT5 Prologue from the Racing Pods you will either need a Japanese BD Copy of the game or a Japanese Copy of the Playstation Store Version. Either way once you launch the game it'll send you straight into Prologue. If you want to go back into Home you can hold down the PS Button on your DS3 Sixaxis and theres even an Option to Go Back to Playstation Home. This is the beginning of these features it's now up to PD to continue adding more Updates for Home Compatibility. As Jordan said back on the News Page this will play a vital role it seems 👍

Last edited:
I am japanese and i can confirm that Mark is right.
You either have to install a JPN GT5P(psn) or have a JPN GT5P(bu-ray) set in your ps3 to launch the game. I wish the private race would be implemented by this year...

DSC00710.jpg

basically this screen says that the game failed to load.
i think this warning also states that you will need a downloaded version OR Blu-Ray version of GT5P to boot up the game (most probably a Japanese version of GT5P?)

The screen literally says,

! Failed to Launch.
To launch "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue", you should have either installed
the download version of "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" from the PlayStation Store,
or set the Blu-ray Disc version of "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" to your PLAYSTATION 3.
Press [START] to exit.

As commented earlier, you should have Japanese version of GT5P in order to do this.

Also, the "TGS 2008 SCE Booth" accessible via the World Map is scheduled to be shut down on Thursday, Nov 27.

Last edited:
Also, the "TGS 2008 SCE Booth" accessible via the World Map is scheduled to be shut down on Thursday, Nov 27.

Damn! That sucks :( It's an awesome Booth well at least i gathered this info before then so features like this are possible! 👍

I got invited to Home today (through my US account), installed it and then run Home from my japanese account. Was able to launch the game from home (I have Japanese BlueRay disk). Anybody around to try launch the game at 2 people? I don't have much hope that it works, but I don't mind trying :-)

I got invited to Home today (through my US account), installed it and then run Home from my japanese account. Was able to launch the game from home (I have Japanese BlueRay disk). Anybody around to try launch the game at 2 people? I don't have much hope that it works, but I don't mind trying :-)

I'm in there at the moment :)

yannc, I'll chat once I've worked out how to change the text to English :) :dunce:

Last edited:
Well that was fun :)

Sorry I didn't chat much. I was too overwhelmed by your dancing. :)

I've managed to make a recording of the TGS 2008 SCE Booth and it's currently being uploaded to YouTube. 👍

Yeah, I have to say I love the dancing part of home. I just can't stop laughing at myself.
I think the functionality in Home is there, what we are missing must be a small patch in GT5P. The game starts fine for me, but obvisouly I end up on my own...
Going back to practice my salsa...

Let me know when the video is on youtube!

Last edited:
Let me know when the video is on youtube!

Here's one:

I'll upload the one with you dancing later. ;)

Edit:
the reason for the odd apperance once the game loads is down to the game being NTSCJ whilst I'm recording in PAL.

Nice one Sphinx ;) was going to record a video but my download limit is approaching :/ Stupid internet in Australia is the worst! Btw to change speech to English you just Press Select a couple of times lol

YAY! got an invitation for Home in my email as well... See you guys there :lol:

Got mine last night too!

Have to say I think it has potential in the long run but as it stands now if you havent got the Beta invite your not missing too much.

At the minute seems to be just a big 3D chat room with a few small games but I think when its fully implemented it should be damn good for arranging online GT5 games etc.

Im guessing we wont really see any benefit till GT5 is out mind

Damn! That sucks :( It's an awesome Booth well at least i gathered this info before then so features like this are possible! 👍

"TGS 2008 SCE Booth" is still alive.👍
SCE had scheduled to shut it down on Thursday, Nov 27, but they changed the schedule due to a server problem.

PS_Home.png

Here it goes:

NOTICE
Welcome to PlayStation Home Version 1.01!

The system maintenance that was scheduled to start at 17:00, Thursday, 27 November,
has been postponed due to a server problem. The new schedule will be posted as
a Notice like this and also announced in the Closed Beta Test Website.

As a result of delay in the system maintenance, the opening date for the Market Place
stress test and the Darts Ranking event is postponed, and

the closing date for "TGS 2008 SCE Booth" is also postponed.

We deeply apologize the inconvenience that the schedule change may have caused
to the beta testers. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Last edited:
Received the “sesame”(sorry for those who are still waiting). Went for a quick trip. And yes, there is a tremendous potential with this add-on...(for good and bad, but this is out of topic)

I don’t know if the advertisement content is specific for each region/player or somehow based on your gaming habits, but realized that Home is filled with GT5 Prologue ads...

Not going on early conclusion, but doesn’t it sound a bit weird to display/promote a game that wouldn’t benefit (even a little) from Home arrival...

Hope to meet some of you on my next trip!

Woohoo just got my invite and downloaded, now time to try it out!
My broadband limit is about to run out, thank god it starts again tomorrow!

Broadband limits??? does that still exist?? That must suck! 👎

Broadband limits??? does that still exist?? That must suck! 👎

Living in Australia yes! There isnt such thing as an Unlimited Plan here just overcharging ****** internet because all ISP are owned by a one company called Telstra and they are a private company. Basically meaning it's a **** quality service. Misss living in the UK :(

Back