Status
Not open for further replies.

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Here are your most commonly asked questions, to save you having to make a new thread for something already asked. Your question may not be posted below, but if it is, please don't make a new thread about it...

Standard/Premium - what is it and what's the difference?

Most of the cars in the game are Standard cars. These are largely carryovers from GT4/GTPSP with the odd new-to-the-series car (Jaguar XFR '10) and the occasional earlier relic (Lamborghini Nomad Diablo) added in for good measure. The remaining 200 or so are the Premium cars. They are wholly new, GT5P carryovers or legacy model upgrades.

The differences are:
  • Cockpit view on Premiums only
  • Premiums available at new dealerships, Standards available at used dealership. Both are also available as prize cars, but you won't find either in the other dealer.
  • Wheel change on Premiums only
  • Higher specification in-game models for Premiums

Otherwise the cars behave the same and can be raced together on the same track at the same time.

Speaking of prize cars...
Right here. And no, prize cars cannot be won more than once each.

The Bugatti Veyron...
Is a standard car, yes.

Where can I get ... car?
Is it Premium? New car dealerships. Is it Standard? Used car dealerships (or Online Collector's Dealership). Is it on the prize car list? Win it there.

Yeah, but where do I get the Red Bull X1? I want, I want, I want!
It's on the prize car list above. But, to save the bother of clicking one link, it's awarded when you beat the Red Bull X1 Challenge, which itself is unlocked at level 30. And also when you reach level 35 in B-Spec.

Where do I get the Polyphony Formula GT?
Is it Premium? No. Is it Standard? Yes, so it's in the used car dealership. It doesn't come up very often, but then when was the last time you went to a used car dealer and he had a $5m F1 car on the forecourt?

Car list...
Here, yes (thanks, Fido_le_Muet). This is currently a master car list of names and models with Premium and Standard status. If you need more detail than that, you'll have to wait a little while

Trophies?
Here, with a guide (and spoilers for the hidden trophies).

The used cars seem random. Is there a way to get a specific car I want/need?
We don't know. There are people working on finding this out. Watch this space. Or that one.

What are "Stealth" and "Chromeline" cars
These were available as preorder bonuses and special edition bonuses. The Chromeline cars were five cars available in the Signature and Collector editions. The Stealth cars were either available two at a time from various stores for preordering or all six in the Signature editions. A further Chromeline car - the XJ13 - is available to players in the EU for a game on Facebook, but no news yet as to whether it's available to anyone else.

Course Maker/Photomode
We have forums for discussing Course Maker and Photomode. The people in there are the experts and reading what they have to say is the ideal way to learn how to get the best out of these features.

Game days
These aren't tracked in-game like previous games. You can keep a manual track - every time the game loads a track, a day passes. Outside the game, your save file will tell you your current game day.

What's the quickest way to get money?
Discussion thread here (thanks, burti35).

How to unlock Nurburgring Nordschleife for Arcade and Practice Modes?
Various versions of the Nordschleife may be unlocked for Arcade and Practice modes by participating in the AMG Challenge (Special Events) at Intermediate level. Players must have reached Level 12 in A-Spec mode to be able to access this event. Scoring Bronze awards in all five sections unlocks the Nordschleife circuit (with and without time/weather changes); all Silvers unlocks the 4 hr circuit (Nordschleife and GP circuit combined) with no time/weather changes; all Golds unlocks the 24 hr circuit (Nordschleife and GP circuit combined) with time and weather changes. There is no other way to unlock these circuits (from here).

Edit: After the v1.05 update, these circuits are unlocked from the start. If you haven't updated yet, the above still applies.

XP - How much do I need?
Hither (thanks, hubble618) - and the amount for each level is the same whether you're in A-Spec or B-Spec.

Which cars can have Racing Modification applied to them?
17 cars can be 'race modified' in GT Auto, as described in this list here.

How do I get rare paint chips like Matte and Chrome
For every 30th car added to your garage, you are awarded a rare paint chip from the Matte (several colours) and Chrome (silver or gold) chips. The award is made randomly - you may get Gold Chrome on car 30, or never.

Which racing cars are in which categories? Group C, JGTC etc
Race cars have been broken down into categories in this thread.

How do I do this race/series?
A-spec
Like the Wind
Historic Cup

B-spec
Like the Wind
Historic Cup
Formula GT

If there's anything you've seen being asked repeatedly around the forums, please feel free to bring it to my attention through VM/PM. This is by no means a comprehensive, finished list (nor will it ever be, I guess).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back