GT5 Racetrack Wish List V3.1

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 365 comments
How about the Pacific Northwest Motorsports Park?
73fktg.png

Interestingly, didnt see the Col de Torini special stage of the Monte Carlo Rally.

i'd be happy if any of these real courses were in the game or DLC in the future

United States

Street/Road:
Road America
Watkins Glen
Sebring
Long Beach GP
Mid-Ohio
Lime Rock Park
Road Atlanta
St. Petersburg GP

Oval:
Chicagoland
Texas
Kentucky
Talladega
Loudon
Homestead
Iowa
Fontana

Canada

Mosport
Exhibition Place
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Mexico
Hermanos Rodríguez

Various
Spa
Zolder
Magny-Cours
Brands Hatch
Silverstone
Valencia Street Circuit
Estoril
Imola
Monza
Istanbul Park
Yas Marina
Shanghai
Marina Bay
Surfers Paradise

-> I've played GTHD few days ago. I hope if anyone notice that Eiger has TWO versions!!!

-> No, I'm not talking about the short and the long versions.

Eiger Prototype Track (GTHD)
gran-turismo-hd-concept-ps3-screenshot.jpg

Eiger Road Course (GT5P)
0.jpg

^ The Prototype Track is narrower, tighter, rougher, and more exciting. While the Road Course is wider, looser, more refined, and less exciting. The Road Course will be in GT5 for sure. Ok, they have the same course layout but the difference is so evident that the GTHD version should be mentioned.

-> So in conclusion, I wish the Prototype Track deserves be included in GT5. :)

i'd be happy if any of these real courses were in the game or DLC in the future

United States

Street/Road:
Road America
Watkins Glen
Sebring
Long Beach GP
Mid-Ohio
Lime Rock Park
Road Atlanta
St. Petersburg GP

Oval:
Chicagoland
Texas
Kentucky
Talladega
Loudon
Homestead
Iowa
Fontana

Canada

Mosport
Exhibition Place
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Mexico
Hermanos Rodríguez

Various
Spa
Zolder
Magny-Cours
Brands Hatch
Silverstone
Valencia Street Circuit
Estoril
Imola
Monza
Istanbul Park
Yas Marina
Shanghai
Marina Bay
Surfers Paradise

Those are already listed on the first page.

Mt. Panorama bathurst - Australia
Spa Francorchamps - Belgium
Zolder - Belgium
Imola - San Marino/Italy
Circuit de Monaco - Monaco/France
Isle of Man TT Course - Man/UK
Interlagos - Brazil
Marina Bay - Singapore
Gilles Villneuve - Canada
Hockenheim '90 - Germany

Would it kill anyone to look at page 1 before posting?

Okay, new circuit - and one I guarantee isn't already on the list. It's called the NRING, located just outside Nizhiny Novgorod in Russia. And it was designed by the Antichrist himself ... not Hermann Tilke, but Mikhail Gorbachev!

Nring_aerofoto_0207.jpg

nntrack.gif

A lap

-> I've played GTHD few days ago. I hope if anyone notice that Eiger has TWO versions!!!

-> No, I'm not talking about the short and the long versions.

Eiger Prototype Track (GTHD)
gran-turismo-hd-concept-ps3-screenshot.jpg

Eiger Road Course (GT5P)
0.jpg

^ The Prototype Track is narrower, tighter, rougher, and more exciting. While the Road Course is wider, looser, more refined, and less exciting. The Road Course will be in GT5 for sure. Ok, they have the same course layout but the difference is so evident that the GTHD version should be mentioned.

-> So in conclusion, I wish the Prototype Track deserves be included in GT5. :)
I see no difference between the two circuits, other than the map from GT5P is larger than the map from GTHD. The two screenshots you have provided aren't even from the same section of circuit, so it's impossible to judge width and surface, since it's entirely possible that those variables change around the circuit. Look at the Valencia Street Circuit, for instance - the main straight is twice as wide as the section of circuit preceding it.

Hey, six months isn't soon. :odd: Anyway, here's the map:

2ymawjo.jpg

And its official name is Lippo Village Circuit, built for A1GP Series. Fail, though. :grumpy:
The Lippo Circuit never even got off the ground, and that was before A1GP tanked. Double fail.

-> ...
I see no difference between the two circuits, other than the map from GT5P is larger than the map from GTHD. The two screenshots you have provided aren't even from the same section of circuit, so it's impossible to judge width and surface, since it's entirely possible that those variables change around the circuit. Look at the Valencia Street Circuit, for instance - the main straight is twice as wide as the section of circuit preceding it.
^ I have a question, have you played both GTHD and GT5P? Just asking. :)

-> I have played both tracks, back-to-back even. I noticed a huge considerable differences between these two magnifacent tracks. I will even infact provide a video in the near future (when I get the time). :sly:

-> The Prototype Track feels more narrower, the corners are more tighter, and harder to execute a perfect line. Also, this version felt like a very good togue/aspalt rally course; similar to the Gunsai Togue in Japan, a lot of rough edges but a lot of fun to flog around. You also go over that cool wooden bridge! The broken (yellow) lanes in the middle of the road also feels like that your driving on a rural street than a track. :dopey:

-> The Road Course seems like a neutered, more refined version. It feels like a proper race track, similar to Autumn Ring Mini rather than Gunsai Togue. The solid outer (white) lanes reminds you of Fuji Speedway. Sure the track is more friendly to larger-grid races compared to the Prototype Track, but is it any more fun? In my opinion, no. :indiff:

Pics-> Those pics were not mine. But they are in the same section of the track (clockwise: after the {long} tunnel, on the right sweeper before the follow-up left before the start/finish line), with different camera angles (those are the best that I could find online). :)

The Vanishing Boy
-> The Prototype Track feels more narrower, the corners are more tighter, and harder to execute a perfect line. Also, this version felt like a very good togue/aspalt rally course; similar to the Gunsai Togue in Japan, a lot of rough edges but a lot of fun to flog around. You also go over that cool wooden bridge! The broken (yellow) lanes in the middle of the road also feels like that your driving on a rural street than a track.

Eiger prototype was actually more accurate to the geology and features of the real location (Kleine Scheidegg). The GT5P version takes some more liberties, probably to offer a more enjoyable driving experience especially when multiple cars are racing together. After all however they both are fictional tracks based on nonexisting paved roads.

This is a wishlist, don't ask if, ask what if! As your question has already been asked before and been made into a wish on the wishlist you won't need to ask it anymore. Questions like yours should go here.

I am watching motorstv now and there is a GT3Europe (great cars R8, F430, DB9, corvette, 911 etc) race going on. It is on the Algarve track in Portugal (it is in the list). Looks like a very nice track with nice corners and a lot of up and downhill parts. I don't mind if it was in GT5.

I am watching motorstv now and there is a GT3Europe (great cars R8, F430, DB9, corvette, 911 etc) race going on. It is on the Algarve track in Portugal (it is in the list). Looks like a very nice track with nice corners and a lot of up and downhill parts. I don't mind if it was in GT5.

That's a very nice new track! I would love to see it make its way into GT5!

Few more British tracks.

Brands Hatch
Goodwood (track and Hill climb)
Donnington Park
Silverstone (also has possibility of 24 Hour Racing Brit Car that Top Gear did a few years ago)

Back