GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
Not sure if this is the right place to post it...but anyway:

First part of Classic Game Room's review on Gran Turismo 5 has been uploaded. It's not related to 'review scores' but...well, it is still a review.

CGR had done reviews of previous GT games, and they're quite satisfying.

Is the OP still around? His last update was Nov24.
Methinks he has left the building!:sly:

Some talented GT5 pilot should take over this thread and conduct proper updates.
:)

I've seen many reviews that are not in the orginal post. (apologies if the links have been posted before)

December 1
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/revie...-race-a-racing-fan-reviews-gran-turismo-5.ars

December 5
http://www.racedepartment.com/content/945-gran-turismo-5-review.html

December 8
http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo-5-review/

First part of Classic Game Room's review on Gran Turismo 5 has been uploaded. It's not related to 'review scores' but...well, it is still a review.

I knew someone would post this ,watching it now as Mark is a proper GT fan

I really like these reviews.

He just gives some basic info and tells you what he personally likes and dislikes about it. Nothing pretentious: no would-be objective pro analysis of the wind screen wipers graphics.
And he's funny.

The only one thing I can say is how many damage has done GT5 to xbox fanboys
You can see it in a lot of reviews :lol:

I am not sure what reviews you are looking at... most reviews seem to be putting GT5 ranked lower than FM3 and honestly I think GT5 has done more damage to GT fanboys than anyone...

I am not sure what reviews you are looking at... most reviews seem to be putting GT5 ranked lower than FM3 and honestly I think GT5 has done more damage to GT fanboys than anyone...

GT5 did the fanboys only good - in previous GT games they didn't have much to say, because there was not much wrong with this games... (Maybe the AI or that the favourite track is not in it...)

But now their fanboy dream has come true - now finally GT5 has enough mistakes that they can use their free time on finding freaky arguments to defend all this flaws :dopey: :dunce:

I've really been waiting for that CGR review. Outside of the upcoming InsideSimRacing review, it's the only one that I will give automatic credibility to.

CGR has pretty much my taste in gaming, from obscure classics, to japanese imports. Of course with this, I can tell that the GT5 review isn't going to be nearly as positive as his GT4 review.

Wow the metacritic score it's 84 now... quite low honestly, maybe too much but most reviews are fair IMHO, that's the important thing. 8.5 is the perfect score for GT5, absolutely not perfect but has a great potential, kaz has to deeply change his way of working and get GT6 ready as soon as possible, fixing all the flaws of the actual GT and improving it in order to get the fans back to GT, it's an imperative, especially because Forza 4 is due out next year and kaz has to speed up if he doesn't want to loose the war.....

kaz has to deeply change his way of working and get GT6 ready as soon as possible, fixing all the flaws of the actual GT and improving it in order to get the fans back to GT

I've been thinking about this one, and I'm now for putting GT6 on hold. Fix what's broken in GT5, give me the advertised features missing from the game, and sell me rumploads additional content. Start outsourcing legacy re-modeling too.

Then when PS4 launches, make good and sure GT5+ launches with it. Fully baked this time, with all the car/track packs that are sold this gen and any extra features the hardware allows (cleaner effects, larger race grids).

That would solve the problem of where to put resources, and solve the problem of GT fans not having any reason to buy a console for years into a Sony hardware lifecycle.

He went away cause he realized no one is as in love with the game as he thinks they should be.

I am. I think the game is amazing.

Also, isn't Forza 4 just going to be Forza 3 with Kinect? Or is that something else?

No Red Forza 4 is to have topgear integrated too. Day/night translations, weather, open wheel cars. That sort of stuff.
Pretty sure you can use your kinect too, if you want too.

No Red Forza 4 is to have topgear integrated too. Day/night translations, weather, open wheel cars. That sort of stuff.
Pretty sure you can use your kinect too, if you want too.

Awesome! :dopey: Let's just hope they don't have that dumb ASM on ALL OF THE TIME. I hated how you couldn't turn that off with Forza 3. :ouch: Biggest problem with Forza 3 if you ask me.

I am. I think the game is amazing.

Also, isn't Forza 4 just going to be Forza 3 with Kinect? Or is that something else?

I think that was just a kinect tech demo. At least it better be cause I was embarrassed for T10 when they showed that.

I think that was just a kinect tech demo. At least it better be cause I was embarrassed for T10 when they showed that.

When the guy turned his hands one way and the car went the other? :lol: I couldn't help but laugh at that.

When the guy turned his hands one way and the car went the other? :lol: I couldn't help but laugh at that.

I just saw the FM4 trailer and I guess I was wrong. All they showed, from the game, was a Ford GT, with those little numbers around it like they showed in the Kinect demo with the 458. Red face...

I just saw the FM4 trailer and I guess I was wrong. All they showed, from the game, was a Ford GT, with those little numbers around it like they showed in the Kinect demo with the 458. Red face...

I found and read they're notes on the reveal at the official Forza website, it will be kinect compatible, but it will also be using the standard controls as well.

What is that Sim Racing Tonight program? Those guys are excellent. Pretty much got everything spot on. Pros and cons exactly how I see them, and the fact that they're not going to review it properly until they've given it some more time...that's professional to say the least. Excellent review.

Skip ahead to about 29:20 in SRT's review of GT5. They say the G27 IS FULLY SUPPORTED. Everything works, including all buttons.

Did I miss something?

Back