GT5 Shoot Out (Unlimited Spots Available)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 54 comments
  • 2,710 views
Awesome!
So I'll try to get this more organized and then well get started!
I can only do Saturdays and Sundays, preferably around 8:30 PM EST but I too can be flexible, I think what we should do is divide the groups based on time zone/region, Europeans in one group, North/South Americans in the other.
I'm going to update the OP now...
 
Can any of you guys race this Sunday?
I was thinking that all our friends in Europe could do their race at about 8:00 PM GMT. If that work for enough people.
The North Americans can race at 8:30 PM EST.
The race is going to be 3 laps around the Nurburgring in a BMW M3.
 
Yeah I can race this Sunday, after 6pm eastern time.
 
OK guys to sign up, please copy an paste this and put your GTP/PSN name in the appropriate time/region that works for you...

US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

European Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 8:00 PM GMT
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
 
9pm EST, is that 7pm PDT?

US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3. DGXR/DGXR
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

?
 
What state are you in?
On the west coast, it'll be 6:00 PM.
Mid West is 7:00 PM.
Central is 8:00 PM.
 
The reason I ask is because of the daylight savings time change on March 13 -- on the west coast we are now GMT-7 (standard time is GMT-8). Some states observe daylight savings, others don't. This always messes me up when trying to sync activities with other zones..
 
Ahhh, I see.
Well I am observing day light savings time.
So at the time of this post, it's 2:25 PM EST for me.
 
If you observe daylight savings time, wouldn't you be in EDT right now? Or do you change the clocks on a different day? This crap makes my head hurt, sorry if it does yours too... I'll just check in at 6pm and see what's going on in your room. :)
 
9pm EST/DST, is 7pm MDT - 6pm PDT
(Eastern Time zone respects DST)

US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3. DGXR/DGXR
4. MajikTom/MajikTom
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

PS> DO you have any specific setup/reg for the BMW M3 Coupe '07?
 
Since the M3 is from the recommended garage, it isn't possible to tune it, instead I just choose to "Choose from garage" in the regulations page, then I choose the M3 and it's automatically chosen for everyone.
 
9pm EST/DST, is 7pm MDT - 6pm PDT
(Eastern Time zone respects DST)

US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3. DGXR/DGXR
4. MajikTom/MajikTom
5.xSTIG_JUNIORx
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

See you on track 👍
 
Last edited:
US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3. DGXR/DGXR
4. MajikTom/MajikTom
5. xSTIG_JUNIORx
6. SmokingCones/VanishinKowalski
7.
8.
9.
10.

Be seeing you!
 
Last edited:
US Race 1 Time: Sunday March 20th 9:00 PM EST
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. No GTP/THAT_GUY_2
3. DGXR/DGXR
4. MajikTom/MajikTom
5. xSTIG_JUNIORx
6. SmokingCones/VanishinKowalski
7. FlandreScarlet/parise93
8.
9.
10.

Can't Wait.
 
Since the M3 is from the recommended garage, it isn't possible to tune it, instead I just choose to "Choose from garage" in the regulations page, then I choose the M3 and it's automatically chosen for everyone.

Oh yes, duh, my bad. But you still can choose tires. I'm running the M3 on RaceSofts at midnight right now and it's a fun ride... Who knew?
But I imagine you will restrict to Sports Soft?
 
MajikTom
Oh yes, duh, my bad. But you still can choose tires. I'm running the M3 on RaceSofts at midnight right now and it's a fun ride... Who knew?
But I imagine you will restrict to Sports Soft?

Probably sports soft, yes.
 
how many are doing the Europe one as im in but no one is in europe by looks of it thought if u did at 6 est could join in with the race
 
Wilfred, if nobody else shows up for your group, I think well just have you race in the very last race, so you automatically advance to the final round.
 
Any last minute sign ups?
 
Sorry guys, I have to cancel, I have another commitment that came up...
 
MajikTom
Sorry guys, I have to cancel, I have another commitment that came up...

No problem, we can move it a little earlier or later if thats OK with everyone else.
 
I'll post the room number in like 5 to 10 minutes.
 
Room is up now.
1472-6118-4216-8214-3165
 
Guys, since only me and two other people showed up for round, I'm going to cancel the rest of this.
I'll start another thread with a better prize/advertisement technique. :)
No questions, it's a surprise. :sly:
But it's sure to get more people.
 
Back