GT5 Spec 2.0 Polyphony Digital appreciation thread.

• Thread starter Cucobr
  • 128 comments
I have played this game longer and more consecutavly more than any other game ( even streetfighter and Modern warefare 2) Thanks for a great game with updates to improve my enjoyment still hoping for more and different DLC cars but thanks its a great ride

I have to say the physics now is really amazing. Event the FGT can be (man)handled perfectly.

Yesterday I tried two things:
1. Ferrari F10 on Grand Valley. This track has almost everything; hairpins, s-sections and speed sections. Now I could press the gas a bit harder without having to fear it spinning out. Just amazing!

2. GTR-07 on Nur. Wow! I could hardly believe the difference. It feels sooo good to drive now. There is something about the way you can point the nose into the turns. And also you can feel the weight shifts in a much better way. It just feels amazing and it's a ton of fun!

Thank you PD.

I thank PD for Spec 2 and the DLC. Just I'm pissed off with SCEA for screwing all us U.S players over.

This is GT5 Spec 2.0 appreciation, not DLC appreciation. I agree they messed up the DLC though.

Well we downloaded the DLC with spec II... even if we pay for bandwith and didnt want the DLC we had no say and had to download it anyway.

Well we downloaded the DLC with spec II... even if we pay for bandwith and didnt want the DLC we had no say and had to download it anyway.

All I'm saying is that this is an appreciation thread. Complaints go elsewhere. In fact, there is a disappointment thread. :)

All I'm saying is that this is an appreciation thread. Complaints go elsewhere.

No.

This is a discussion board. It's not your call to decide what to post where.

Posted in response to people making the same sentiment in the disappointment thread. You either deal with it, or you find a way to keep all of the like minded people in their particular threads and out of the opposing ones.

Whitestar
All I'm saying is that this is an appreciation thread. Complaints go elsewhere. In fact, there is a disappointment thread. :)

Yes, very happy with Spec II and the DLC, fortunately I bought the DLC with my GT5 account so no problems for me.

More tracks please PD, I have money burning a whole in my bank account wanting to build a virtual silverstone, etc.

@ Toronado, maybe instead of wasting your life complaining endlessly in countless different places you should put your copy of GT5 on ebay? Think how much extra time you would have if you weren't on here complaining ! No need to thank me, I like helping people......

I'm off to rip up some tarmac at Spa in a shiney new GTR, With a big cheesey grin on my face, and I won't be the only one ;)

You either deal with it, or you find a way to keep all of the like minded people in their particular threads and out of the opposing ones.

Well in most cases I would agree with you, but when someone starts an "appreciation" thread, do you think they wanted it to be filled with complaints? I think not. But hey, I'm not going to argue. We'll just have to disagree I guess.

^^^ I think he knows that. He just doesn't like people that don't hate what he hates about PD and GT5 and Kaz. He doesn't accept and move on. Nothing about the DLC account ID locks to like, but that's not new with the DLC world.

No.

Posted in response to people making the same sentiment in the disappointment thread. You either deal with it, or you find a way to keep all of the like minded people in their particular threads and out of the opposing ones.

Awww.

Toronado chose a different color. THAT'S SO CUTE!

Yes, very happy with Spec II and the DLC, fortunately I bought the DLC with my GT5 account so no problems for me.

More tracks please PD, I have money burning a whole in my bank account wanting to build a virtual silverstone, etc.

@ Toronado, maybe instead of wasting your life complaining endlessly in countless different places you should put your copy of GT5 on ebay? Think how much extra time you would have if you weren't on here complaining ! No need to thank me, I like helping people......

I'm off to rip up some tarmac at Spa in a shiney new GTR, With a big cheesey grin on my face, and I won't be the only one ;)
QFT and QFT

We (GTPlanet members) rely on user's maturity as a way to keep disappointment to one side and praise on the other side, by creating two opposing threads, so we don't get into flame wars about why the DLC is/isn't any good. Do the sensible thing and be a professional, mature forumer.* 👍
(* implications not intended.)

Ever since he told me there was an appreciation thread for me, I never went back to that hell hole of a thread he lives at. I would have expected someone with 15k posts to be mature. He wasn't following the rules for a bit.

The complaints thread is only larger because it turned it a discussion, then an ABS=0 discussion and a fanboy callout / reaction war. This thread is much more focused. I love Spec II. The game was great before, and it is even better now. The end of the month bug fix polish is all we need for a long time, but I'll take more if PD will give it. An event creator please!!

The complaints thread is only larger because it turned it a discussion, then an ABS=0 discussion and a fanboy callout / reaction war. This thread is much more focused. I love Spec II. The game was great before, and it is even better now. The end of the month bug fix polish is all we need for a long time, but I'll take more if PD will give it. An event creator please!!

Yes, an event creator! With option of standing start. 👍

I am enjoying Spec2 a lot...

Still haven't bought the DLC (I'm in Brazil using US account) but I could race Spa and Kart tracks last night in some nice japanese rooms and it was epic.

Spa + Yellowbird = EPIC x 3

Well in most cases I would agree with you, but when someone starts an "appreciation" thread, do you think they wanted it to be filled with complaints? I think not.

When someone starts a complaint thread, do you think they wanted it to be filled with people barging in and generally calling them stupid for having complaints? Which happens far more often than people coming into this thread to complain, it must be said. You don't get to cherry pick. Either everyone who wants to rip PD a new one stays out of this thread and everyone who wants to kiss their ass stays out of that one, or everyone is allowed in both threads.

Ever since he told me there was an appreciation thread for me, I never went back to that hell hole of a thread he lives at. I would have expected someone with 15k posts to be mature. He wasn't following the rules for a bit.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, it seems.

Last edited:
No I don't. So I guess we agree then. ;)
He doesn't understand there's a report button. Also, he doesn't understand that expressing hate in a thread intended for appreciating something isn't the same as someone defending something in a hate thread.

The only thing he should do is follow the rules and not budge in here again or there are consequences for not showing proper conduct. All the while, he's acting like a child by using the argument of "He started it".

I learned my lesson, I've explained that, yet he just doesn't get that the rules are rules and nobody is special. Report me when I get out of line. I tried explaining this as calmly as possible.

This is GT5 Spec 2.0 appreciation, not DLC appreciation. I agree they messed up the DLC though.

Neither is the the DLC disappointment thread :) ... i think.

On another topic, i hope a few folks start to review the DLC cars soon.

No I don't. So I guess we agree then. ;)
I do indeed.

👍

Now all that needs to be done is keeping certain members from going into the other thread purely to start stuff and we'd be golden.

The only thing he should do is follow the rules and not budge in here again or there are consequences for not showing proper conduct. All the while, he's acting like a child by using the argument of "He started it".

I learned my lesson, I've explained that, yet he just doesn't get that the rules are rules and nobody is special. Report me when I get out of line. I tried explaining this as calmly as possible.
And, once again, you are in no position to comment on any of this from the pedestal you keep trying to talk down from.

It isn't "But he started it." It's "Stop throwing stones when your house is made of glass."

Last edited:
Spec 2 added custom soundtracks to online play. After 11 months, it has FINALLY been added.

Makes me enjoy crashing into people that much more when I'm listening to Pantera. I haven't done those either of those two things in GT5, but I just felt like saying I like that custom soundtracks can be played online.

I couldn't give a crap about he said she said bollox

Do you know what?

We used to play arcade games at 20 50pence a pop way back when and I could have easily done 10quid in an afternoon playing out run and such like. We get 2.0 for free and spa and cars for 10quid in the dlc. All with the sweetest physics I've experienced in a driving sim.

All this complaining about what your getting for your money just doesn't compute in my head. Seriously worth every penny and more.

Physics physics physics!!!

No, custom soundtracks couldn't be used.

I couldn't give a crap about he said she said bollox

Do you know what?

We used to play arcade games at 20 50pence a pop way back when and I could have easily done 10quid in an afternoon playing out run and such like. We get 2.0 for free and spa and cars for 10quid in the dlc. All with the sweetest physics I've experienced in a driving sim.

All this complaining about what your getting for your money just doesn't compute in my head. Seriously worth every penny and more.

Physics physics physics!!!
Preach, Brotherrr! :)

Back