[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
spijlbus002pa0.jpg

They do :-)

I don't see any with split windshields

Having missed everything... (darn it, i should have just not gone to get the mail.. :lol:) Can someone upload the video IMMEDIATELY ... please :P

To be honest, it was cool to see everything for the first time with my own eyes, but the crappy video quality killed it all. Just wait for tomorrow to see what they showed in HD

57133d1254899775-willys-mb-1942-jeep-003.jpg

1942 willys

That doesn't match the screenshot. The windshield is different, it doesn't have the tube frame at the bottom of the glass like your photo does, and the dash in your picture is flat, while in the screenshot it is recessed on the left of the steering wheel. Dials also do not quite match.

so the PD/Red Bull X1 is designed with no rules in mind? That would be the perfect car :sly:

The way I interpreted it...

rules= racing regulations

a.k.a this car will be designed the be the best car and won't restrict itself to F1, Nascar, Indy, type code/rules.

Or maybe thats what you meant? :ouch:

Ok, I'm going to bed.

The Thing/Trekker's predecessor - the Kuebelwagen - could have a split screen though:

Kubelwagen-musuem-shot.jpg

Edit: And check out those circular door mirrors...

I'm also not quite certain the "van" in the shot is a VW Bus, there were plenty of other small European and Japanese vans of similar design, especially from the likes of Fiat.

That doesn't match the screenshot. The windshield is different, it doesn't have the tube frame at the bottom of the glass like your photo does, and the dash in your picture is flat, while in the screenshot it is recessed on the left of the steering wheel. Dials also do not quite match.

Yes, I'm aware. I was just posting it for reference.

Famine is right. It is a Kübelwagen.

kubeluk225544157.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I was thinking if it wasn't a Thing it would be a Kübelwagen, but I couldn't remember the name of it until Famine said it.

Indeed, it is a Kubelwagen from that interior picture. The windshield wiper motors attached to the bottom of the windshield were another giveaway.

Back