[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
My hope is to see one of the "classic" tracks at night with rain. :drool:

Preferably, El Capitan, Seattle, or Trial Mountain. 👍

Seattle with premium cars on full damage will probably last a lap or less ending at the jumps. :dopey: :sly: :crazy: :scared:

Seattle with premium cars on full damage will probably last a lap or less ending at the jumps. :dopey: :sly: :crazy: :scared:

Oh god you just made me realize how bad it'll be.

But still, Seattle is one of my favorite tracks and will not be avoided simply because my wheels will actually be where the top of my hood used to be.

I do hope the demo includes full damage, weather, (the LF-A and HSV) and a classic/returning track.

That would be awesome.

Oh, and a standard car. We need to see what we are buying, because 80% of the cars are not premium.

I do hope the demo includes full damage, weather, (the LF-A and HSV) and a classic/returning track.

That would be awesome.

Oh, and a standard car. We need to see what we are buying, because 80% of the cars are not premium.

I disagree. We've already seen "Standard cars" in Gran Turismo 4 and GT PSP. My advice would be to stop considering Standard cars an integral part of the game, or prepare yourselves for a monumental disappointment. If "only" 200 cars doesn't satisfy your needs, then perhaps this isn't the game for you, but I, for one, value quality over quantity.

I'm hoping to see any fictional track (other than High Speed Ring ) back at TGS. Of course the new real-world tracks are astonishing and very cool, but if this game skips Trial Mountain or Grand Valley, it will be losing a bit of it's own essence. :(

Either a big bang, or we just get the exact same demo as the GC one, but in Japanese!!! I'm not expecting all sorts of stuff like night and rain, or Bugatti Veyrons, or track editor gameplay. Maybe 3 new cars, 1 new track, that's it.

Then what happened in Gran Turismo 2 (which had suspension damage) when you went on the jumps?

I don't think we will see anything new. I mean, I want to believe we will...Why would they do a conference if there is nothing new to tell us?

but then again I don't think they have anything else to show us, other than some more gameplay footage or screenshots.

Things I'd like to know...

-Will tuning be available online? (Like quick tuning in GT5P so we can drift online).
-Will there be a PSN Demo?
-Details about the Signature edition SLS AMG competition (I suspect a photomode challenge).
-What companies are involved in the tuning of vehicles, (Volk, Enkei, O.Z, HKS etc)
-Is there a limit to the number of tracks allowed on a custom soundtrack?
-Will we be able to race premium vs standard cars both on and offline?

I think people are underestimating TGS. There have been two major shows so far this year (E3 and gamescom) and both times something significant has been shown for GT5. TGS is the last major game show of the year and the last major game show before GT5 is released. It would be very surprising if they didn't show anything new there. And they still have a lot of stuff that they can show that we haven't seen like cars, tracks, weather and the revamped GTTV.

I think people are underestimating TGS. There have been two major shows so far this year (E3 and gamescom) and both times something significant has been shown for GT5. TGS is the last major game show of the year and the last major game show before GT5 is released. It would be very surprising if they didn't show anything new there. And they still have a lot of stuff that they can show that we haven't seen like cars, tracks, weather and the revamped GTTV.

I don't think many people are underestimating it. Well, except the poster above you.

You're right when you say each of the two major conventions have provided us with their own unique information.

E3 2010: Day/night transitioning/ Standard car video, New trailer, new cars to GT5 (Maserati GranTurismo S, Alfa 8C, Lamborghini Murciélago LP640, Tesla Roadster, etc, among others), amazing visual effects video (roll over among other things), Online information, reverse lights shown, etc.

Gamescom 2010: Course Editor, Karting, Skidmarks, new cars (Lamborghini Miura, Jaguar XJ13, Pagani Zonda r, Ford Mark IV, etc). New track (Monza), A Spec/B Spec explained. GT Life explained (to a degree). Tuning options (tires, carbon hoods, etc).

Tokyo Game Show 2010 (in my opinion): Weather in demo or shown in trailer. Full damage in demo. More GT Life info., Customization revealed on the GT site. New Japnese cars (Lexus LF-A, Honda HSV, Honda CR-Z) New track(s). Surprises.

Last edited:
This is TGS people. PD always show the latest and greatest on their home turf.

I don't think we will see anything new. I mean, I want to believe we will...Why would they do a conference if there is nothing new to tell us?

but then again I don't think they have anything else to show us, other than some more gameplay footage or screenshots.

Things I'd like to know...

-Will tuning be available online? (Like quick tuning in GT5P so we can drift online).
-Will there be a PSN Demo?
-Details about the Signature edition SLS AMG competition (I suspect a photomode challenge).
-What companies are involved in the tuning of vehicles, (Volk, Enkei, O.Z, HKS etc)
-Is there a limit to the number of tracks allowed on a custom soundtrack?
-Will we be able to race premium vs standard cars both on and offline?

There won't be a PSN demo.
The SLS competition is for drivers, like GT academy, not pictures.

Last edited:
Yeah you did. He said not long ago a demo is unlikely. At least I think I recall him saying it.
Silly Canadians.

Yeah, he mentioned it on his Twitter. He said that they were too busy trying to complete the game so that it's unlikely that they'll be able to release a PSN demo.

I disagree. We've already seen "Standard cars" in Gran Turismo 4 and GT PSP. My advice would be to stop considering Standard cars an integral part of the game, or prepare yourselves for a monumental disappointment. If "only" 200 cars doesn't satisfy your needs, then perhaps this isn't the game for you, but I, for one, value quality over quantity.

lol...

ok they are not like premium ones but they are from photomode in GT4 (more detail) and with updated lightning engine added damage (procedural) you can expect quite fun with them :)

IMO lack of cockpit view is what i don't like most.. i don't care if they are 100k , 40k or 4 mln k pixels.

I think Kaz will show us on TGS Real time weather, few cars like lfa or honda hsv or some older cars. Full improved damage system with saparating body panels dust and scratches. Probably we will see also mud on cars :)

Best of it is that KAz will still hide things from us until premiere :D

I just hope they put a full car list on their website during the show.

If you think about it the only track "we" haven´t been able to play since E3 09 was SSR5 so i am expecting it to be playable. Other than that it is possilble that the full version will be there

Yeah you did. He said not long ago a demo is unlikely. At least I think I recall him saying it.
Silly Canadians.

The demo in gamescom was downloaded from Sony servers. I don't think it will be much trouble to give it to ps+ subscribers
Other than that i expect a full feature list to be posted on the gt site when the conference takes place. That list should contain car list, track list etc

My thoughts:

1. Real Tracks:
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps + cart track maybe?:
cartbelguim.jpg

- Laguna Seca Raceway
- Catalunya (Barcelona, Montmelo)
2. Fictional Tracks:
- Trial Mountain Circuit
- Grindelwald
- Green Forest Roadway
3. Damage movie with standard and premium cars.
4. Rain and Snow
5. Tire Burst
6. PSN Demo - with new build.

I hope for:
-SPA
-Deep forest
-SPA
-Trial mountain
-SPA
-and some new cars incl. the Honda HSV , some prototypes we don't know they exist
-and of course SPA :D

Back