[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
I'll be more optimistic than that, I'm sure that they will look better than the GT4 cars. I'm hoping that they look very similar to the premium cars except the windows will be tinted out and you won't be able to see any engine bays or anything like that (Jaguar XJ13). From the trailer we saw they looked quite good to me.

I also think reflection will be limited on standard cars but I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be more optimistic than that, I'm sure that they will look better than the GT4 cars. I'm hoping that they look very similar to the premium cars except the windows will be tinted out and you won't be able to see any engine bays or anything like that (Jaguar XJ13). From the trailer we saw they looked quite good to me.

From trailer we saw exact same models as in GT4 photo-mode.

who cares reflections? We gonna race all the time.

Please don't say "we", or "who cares".People may have different opinions.
GT4 models are great in SD era, but compared to Premiums they are almost nothing.Don't get me wrong - I like GT5 anyway (even as complete replace of GT4), but we talking about difference right now.

Last edited:
It's always hard to tell with trailers though. That's why at TGS I want to see some actual gameplay footage of the standard cars being driven, or atleast seeing them racing against premium cars. If that does happen I'm sure most people will be able to make their own opinions on how good / bad they think the standard cars look. Because up to now we have seen and heard little about them.

We have a thread dedicated to the Standard/Premium discussion. Take it there?

I'm with the group that is hoping we don't get a full car list and/or track list. Part of the fun on release day is finding unexpected goodies; we already know roughly 90% of the car list anyways if PSP is supposed to be an indication.

We have a thread dedicated to the Standard/Premium discussion. Take it there?

I'm with the group that is hoping we don't get a full car list and/or track list. Part of the fun on release day is finding unexpected goodies; we already know roughly 90% of the car list anyways if PSP is supposed to be an indication.

I'm still relating it to this topic. I was just stating what I would like to see at TGs like many other people were.

It's always hard to tell with trailers though. That's why at TGS I want to see some actual gameplay footage of the standard cars being driven, or atleast seeing them racing against premium cars. If that does happen I'm sure most people will be able to make their own opinions on how good / bad they think the standard cars look. Because up to now we have seen and heard little about them.

I agree with all of your post. The bold part was something I think about quite a fair bit. Because I think they may look a bit awkward together. Bit like.. Jeremy Clarkson getting together with Christina Agulera, they're both cool and have their positives but you'd never want to actually see them together. So I've been thinking whether you can race Premiums against Standards or whether it will be certain events for Premiums only or something.. but that would be a bit silly.

I'm still relating it to this topic. I was just stating what I would like to see at TGs like many other people were.

Oh, that I agree with and a lot of us are probably interested to see if they'll show more of them. I meant that more in regards to the same old discussion of people directly comparing Standards to Premiums and the differences there. People don't want the same thing spilling into every other thread.

Yeah sorry about that bit, but back on topic. I'm hoping that they will show us a new demo build this time around. Because from what I can tell since E3 the demo seems to be very similar, just with more cars and more tracks. The demo shown at Gamescom was huge, there was just so man cars and tracks to choose from. But they could always make the demo a lot smaller, say 15 cars and 5 tracks, but include lots of dynamic weather, full damage modelling, standard cars etc. A little bit more information about GT life would be good as well, if they showed us more about the customization on the cars I wouldn't complain.

It's always hard to tell with trailers though. That's why at TGS I want to see some actual gameplay footage of the standard cars being driven, or at least seeing them racing against premium cars. If that does happen I'm sure most people will be able to make their own opinions on how good / bad they think the standard cars look. Because up to now we have seen and heard little about them.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's just not going to happen. :lol:

who cares reflections? We gonna race all the time.

You practically popped a chubby when you saw the GIF with blades of grass flying around the Gallardo but poor reflections don't mean anything to you? Is it a case of "this looks good so I'll make a big deal out of it and this looks bad so I'll dismiss it completely and shrug it off as pointless"?

How do you know? i think they will be able to, i think of Premiums as just being highly detailed cars, nothing more, so why should that stop them racing against the Standards?

I have absolutely no idea why Polyphony will be unable to use elements ported from their six-year-old PlayStation 2 game directly alongside those of unprecedented detail created for their highly-anticipated, next-generation release; do you? 💡

The difference between standard and premium cars I can handle, but no mixed races between them will be a serious letdown. Of course, it's just speculation, noone knows. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, we are talking about the same game here with the same engine.

You practically popped a chubby when you saw the GIF with blades of grass flying around the Gallardo but poor reflections don't mean anything to you? Is it a case of "this looks good so I'll make a big deal out of it and this looks bad so I'll dismiss it completely and shrug it off as pointless"?

Honestly Dave I m not interested in your posts. Please Dont quote me.I dont wanna waste my time to answer to you. Go Find someone to talk to you.
I dont car about reflections or anything. Not a tecnical enthusiast. Im a racer. GT player GT fan. Thats all., Case closed,

I have absolutely no idea why Polyphony will be unable to use elements ported from their six-year-old PlayStation 2 game directly alongside those of unprecedented detail created for their highly-anticipated, next-generation release; do you? 💡

Other than what some would call ethics, no, I don't.

We don't know one way or the other whether they'll be on track together. We do have some circumstantial hints though; the garage has them separated. They haven't so far been shown mixing it up together.

It so far points more towards a "yes" to separation than a "no", but it's far from a final answer, despite members like patriotzero proclaiming their opinion on it as fact.

The difference between standard and premium cars I can handle, but no mixed races between them will be a serious letdown. Of course, it's just speculation, noone knows. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, we are talking about the same game here with the same engine.

Agree, If this where to be the case it would severely limit the games playability, dividing it into two games in one. Premiums would be hindered by this more than standards due to the lower number of cars in a each specific car class. If the game allows mixed races with premium/standard cars, I suspect their will still be premium races only to allow for full car damage. :)

We don't know one way or the other whether they'll be on track together. We do have some circumstantial hints though; the garage has them separated. They haven't so far been shown mixing it up together.

The fact they won't even be displayed alongside each other in the garage perhaps tells a lot....( or it's just a convenient way to pick them out ).
Maybe the Premium cars are displayed in full glory with in the background a few shelfs mounted on the wall where the Standards are tightly stacked alongside as toy cars.:D

Hoping to see the following premium vehicles:

Audi R10 '06
Audi R15 TDI Plus '10

Jaguar XJ220
Toyota GT-One road version '98
Toyota GT-One LM race car '99

Back