GT5 Tuning Sheet

• Thread starter Jake
  • 129 comments
Great tuning sheet Jake! 👍
I like how it has come along and have been using this for the last week. Although not the last 3 days as I do my tuning in My Lounge (better physics) which is inaccessible due to PSN being down. I prefer the PDF to the Excel spreadsheet primarily because I print and write my results in (old-fashioned way! :sly:) Also, whilst the Excel version by VelociRaptor is very comprehensive I find it hard to refer to as so much data is on the page (not a bad thing by any means) but for me, your PDF is the way to go! :)
Great work! 👍

Thank you for your feedback

Here is an update of the sheet with following changes:
  • Tune Types "Drag" and "Gymkhana" added to "Race" and "Drift"
  • "Tires Diameter" changed to "Rims Diameter"
  • Corrected 'speed' cells format to 'Integer' values
  • Added 'Top Speed' correction factor based on observed top speed (it's an option for transmission ratio, leave the cell empty otherwise)

a few tweaks and some added info for the aero packages that were left out.
I know that i have not included Front/Rear aero extensions as i have not found a suitable position in the sheet without corrupting the visual aspect (for now) as well as consitency with Jake baseline.
There is also a missing possibility to add Rims name in case you use custom ones (Premium model only) (The Note area can be used for this)
Is there anything else ?

Had a small issue with the decimals in rows 54 and 56 (I think) for the speeds but it was easy to correct.
It's corrected in the new sheet as i didn't applied 'Integer' format to all speed cells initially. You may have added one row as the rows are 53 and 55.

Attachments

• GT5 Tuning Sheet v1.1.rar
    10.9 KB · Views: 97
I know that i have not included Front/Rear aero extensions as i have not found a suitable position in the sheet without corrupting the visual aspect (for now) as well as consitency with Jake baseline.
There is also a missing possibility to add Rims name in case you use custom ones (Premium model only) (The Note area can be used for this)
Is there anything else ?

I was thinking of getting rid of tire dimensions and trading it for the aero parts.

I have added in the notes what add ons are standard and/or can not be applied to the car.
I also add all the tires I have for each car in the notes, including bought rims and paint color if any.
So a revamped tire area could be in the future.

I will probably add a second page of info, not sure yet as this sheet looks nice and operates even better.
I have not printed a sheet yet to see what fits an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper but my default settings show some of the info on the right side looks to be lost in print preview.
I don't need margins and it looks as though without them more info can be added.
Seeing that I will only print some sheets and use this on a computer 99% of the time I can add all the info I like and maybe a photo of the car too!!.

👍 👍 otherwise, gentlemen.

I have made another update to v6 with the following additions:

• Color
  • Type (Premium/Standard)
  • Garage (PSN account name)
  • Laptime
  • Displacement
  • TCS, SRF, CSS
  • Redline
  • Limit

Please refer to the OP for the current file. I also updated VelociRaptors new version as well. I am happy people are getting use out of this, thanks for the positive feedback.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention engine cutoff rpm.
The redline is not usually the same.

That's all. ;)

I have made another update to v6.

Nice update.
I will check tomorow to be consistent with v6.

I was thinking of getting rid of tire dimensions and trading it for the aero parts.

I added the tires size because i had in mind to include automatic gearing computations in the future for which i need them for Final Ratio (corrected by observed speed). I need also Red line for this.
There is a file from oppositelock that compute this nicely. I will ask him permission if i decide to proceed.

On the other hand, i am also looking at Forza Motorsport 3 calculator, for which you need:
  • Power RPM
  • Torque RPM
  • Redline RPM
in order to compute the gearing.

I have added in the notes what add ons are standard and/or can not be applied to the car.

For add-ons availability, it's very easy and part of the sheet:
  • Select the"-" in the combo box for options not available and the cell becomes grey (look at the model)
  • Select "Standard" or "Stock" if modification was available but not installed (check "Turbo Kit" on the model)

I have not printed a sheet yet to see what fits an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper but my default settings show some of the info on the right side looks to be lost in print preview.
I don't need margins and it looks as though without them more info can be added.

Concerning US Letter paper format, i have done a check just now and i have an idea to solve the issue (I had tested only using A4 paper format).

I have released an update of the EXCEL format :
  • Consistency with Jake v6 PDF release
  • Compatibility with US Letter paper format

Question to Jake: What is "Displace" ? (was not able to translate it, can you explain a little bit ?)

The final layout is:
GT5TuningSheetv12.jpg

Attachments

• GT5 Tuning Sheet v1.2.rar
    31.1 KB · Views: 93
I know you asked Jake but it's engine displacement.
Usually measured in cubic centimeters, cubic inches or litres.

Ford 302 CID, same as 4.95 litres( 4950 cc), otherwise known as a 5 litre.

Displacement.gif

Kenny is correct. Wiki has a good gif animation and description:

Engine displacement is the volume swept by all the pistons inside the cylinders of an internal combustion engine in a single movement from top dead centre (TDC) to bottom dead centre (BDC). It is commonly specified in cubic centimeters (cc), litres (l), or (mainly in North America) cubic inches (CID). Engine displacement does not include the total volume of the combustion chamber.

Displacement for a given car is listed in the Garage and Current Performance tab.

Your sheet looks great and I updated the OP.

Thanks for your efforts Jake. How about minmized version so I could fit 3-4 tunes per A4 sheet? If I can do my own version I could show it here.

How about minmized version so I could fit 3-4 tunes per A4 sheet?

I have attached an A4 page with 4 sheets on it. Let me know how it prints.

Attachments

• GT5 Car Settings v6_A4.pdf
    450 KB · Views: 166
what the heck is this??
I smell copyright issues :P
Nah... my tuning sheet was made before you made yours, so you maybe copied something off mine? (the idea?)
Oh my... oh well, good luck with that bro! :)

Tune sheets are not your exclusive idea. They have been around long before you were even a member on GTP. So please don't flatter yourself.

Tune sheets are not your exclusive idea. They have been around long before you were even a member on GTP. So please don't flatter yourself.

I didn't know that. Sorry.
Pardon my ignorance... it's just that I praise myself, knowing I am only 14 years old and making such a useful tuning sheet... though mine is obviously a lower quality product compared to your's, Jake. Good job and Good luck to you sir! :)

There is a new version: GT5 Tune Sheet 6.1 FIELDS available in the original post. The new file allows you to type directly into form fields, eliminating the need for creating manual text boxes. You will still need the free PDF XChange Viewer software to enable the saving of your filled out tune sheets.

This will speed up the process so I hope everyone will enjoy it. 👍

Last edited:
is it not possible to save this onto your computer? I dont have a printer

Yes, you can save your filled in sheets on your computer. You will need the free PDF XChange Viewer to fill in and save your sheets.

Hi thanks for the sheet i'm thinking about using it on my workshop, here's what it looks like:

DeepForestRaceway_2-1.jpg

MazdaMx-5EunosRoadsterNASpecialPackage89-1-1.jpg

I'm just wondering if it would be possible for you to make a landscape version? Just so it doesn't make the post really long

I'm just wondering if it would be possible for you to make a landscape version? Just so it doesn't make the post really long

I made a landscape version which you can download from the OP 👍

GT5-Tune-Sheet-v6-landscape.jpg

Last edited:
Jake, what did you use to make these sheets?
I like yours but I want to make one more suited to my style. Atm they are looking good in my Tuning Garage Thread, but say if I change settings on a car and want to share it, I have to edit it on xveiwer, then open it it photoshop to add photo then save it as img then upload, so it is a bit to much hassle if I want to just make a small adjustment. Hope you understand and many thanks

Back