GT5 up for Golden Joystick Award! Everybody vote!

  • Thread starter Thread starter paskowitz
  • 92 comments
  • 7,609 views
You can find those people in the Rumble strip. Most of 'em.
 
I voted for gt5 in both categories on all my computers and for singer reason it let me
Now for my rant
If your going to be on a forum for gt5 you should vote for it and how can you say its not as good as the others gt4 I got into the series and like all of them gt5 is my favourite no matter what because of all you can do on it . You guys complain of no new features and no updates on ps2 u didn't get any remember them days but now your given a bit you want more


If that didn't make sense sorry I'm on my phone and its hard

Is that...was that supposed to be logical?

Because it isn't. Not even moderately.
 
He's missing some punctuation. That's all I see what's wrong. And a little missed capitals.
 
*Scratches head*

Seriously, those games were complete and better organized than GT5, I don't see why it should be qualify as winner after all of those pre-production mistakes.
 
He's missing some punctuation. That's all I see what's wrong. And a little missed capitals.
Plus, you know, the whole "true fans like everything related to the series without hesitation or reservation" bit.


That's Sonic fanbase-level dumb, in addition to being a No True Scotsman.
 
Last edited:
Ahh I see. Thanks for pointing it out.
 
Honestly, F1 2010 is a great game. It probably deserves the vote a little more. But I like the GT series for what it represents.
 
EliteDreamer
He's missing some punctuation. That's all I see what's wrong. And a little missed capitals.

And you don't start a sentence with "and".

Err oops.
 
I was never taught that so I haven't caught on yet. :)
 
OP updated: No complaining about GT5 or discussion about those that complain about GT5 here. Thanks.
 
Voted : For Shift 2 for best racer.

F12010 is good but once you learn to drive S2U the AI provides the best console racing ever seen.
 
Voted : For Shift 2 for best racer.

F12010 is good but once you learn to drive S2U the AI provides the best console racing ever seen.

When they're not brake-checking, ramming into you, or performing the PIT maneuver, sure.
 
Voted for GT5 👍
 
When they're not brake-checking, ramming into you, or performing the PIT maneuver, sure.

They hardly ever do that to me and in real racing accidents happen. If you want realistic AI you have to take the knocks sometimes. It means that it is getting to the finish line which is the fun part - not your final placing. Once again a lot like real racing.

[edit] Should probably start a thread in the Shift forum if you want to debate this though...
 
to be honest gt5 doesn't deserve the best racing award. I haven't played all the contenders but of the ones I have F1-2010 is a superior racing experience.
 
to be honest gt5 doesn't deserve the best racing award. I haven't played all the contenders but of the ones I have F1-2010 is a superior racing experience.

Why is it superior? What does it have over GT5, i`m just curious.
 
Voted.

Although I do spend time occasionally in the other driving titles, I am always drawn back to the (relative) accuracy, precision, beauty, depth, challenge and immersion of GT5.

Gran Turismo 5 FTW!
 
I voted for GT5 in both categories and Fallout NV as best RPG just because I love it 👍
 
Haha, ok, can you clarify why the racing is better.

If you've played both games I shouldn't really need to. But anyway:

24 car races
Fairly intelligent AI (Not the best, but miles better than GT5)
19 real world tracks to race on
Dynamic weather on EVERY track
Pit stops/strategy
Full damage (albeit not sensitive enough)
Proper flags/penalty system
Full seasons or individual races

GT5 might be better in other aspects but in terms of racing F1 2010 was much better than GT5 for me.
 
OK, good to know, i never played F1 2010 and i was curious about your input, thanks.
 
Same here. Don't get me wrong, GT5 is the best console driving simulator, but the best racing game? Not by a long shot

The racing genre is not split between "Driving", "Motobikes", "Racing", "Rally" and so on. they are all called racing games, GT5 delivers what is set out to do. As a game is pretty bad but the amazing support has fixed a lot of the kinks, as Sim it does it's job perfectly fine.
 
Just note that I'm not speaking for everyone, but I do like to share on why I'd vote for GT5.

It's a game that had high expectations of itself, and PD themselves know it. Unfortunately it suffered through a lot of bad management issues. However, PD are at hard work at improving the game because I feel like they understand the situation. Just because of this mentality, it's enough for me to support (and vote) for this game. There isn't many developers out there that I can think of that would support their game as much as PD do after its release. Apart from that, they're a really small company, and for what they have achieved is impressive for me.
 
Didn't vote.
I'm sorry, I love GT5 but it feels like a big Beta even 10 months after release.

I love GT5 and a poll/title can't make me change my oppinion - but the love for GT5 won't make me biased neither.
GT5's not the best racing game nor is it the game of the year 2011.

Though for me it's the best game ever.
 
Back