GT5 up for Golden Joystick Award! Everybody vote!

  • Thread starter Thread starter paskowitz
  • 92 comments
  • 7,608 views
Didn't vote for GT5 in best racing game because of all the crap that's going on with the game. It has too many flaws and devs that care too little about their fans and too much about themselves and making "art".

AHH! Aren't you a cup of fresh tea.

You're on GTPlanet. Too little about their fans and too much about themselves and making art. That's like poetry. If I remember correctly, PD has been given praise by the good side of the gaming community because of their continued support for GT5. When has Kaz said anything about art? When he was here? https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-at-dice-2011-on-gran-turismo-and-i/

I voted for GT5.


FM4 isn't on the one to watch list :lol:

GT5
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #98 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

FM4 LE
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #122 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

Something's wrong with that right? The standard edition for FM4 is at #414. Are there really that few of sales. With GT5, sales boosted up around release time, so I guess I'll give it a month.
 
Last edited:
Either Dirt 3, F1 2010, or GT5 will win Best Racing game.

If not one of these, it's probably MotorStorm Apocalypse.
 
Either Dirt 3, F1 2010, or GT5 will win Best Racing game.

If not one of these, it's probably MotorStorm Apocalypse.

Apparently Dirt 3 is the 'best' game but GT probably has much more support.
 
GT5 voted for racing game of the year. Because I enjoy it yet after 10 months playing it which isn't possible for another game and it will become even better within the new features and content coming...
 
I voted for GT5 I really hope it wins because if it doesn't a almighty war will break out on GT Planet :sick:
Considering no one even knew about this poll until this thread, I doubt most will care if GT5 doesn't win. And there is no way it is going to win Best Game.
 
I did go buy Dirt 3 after some people here suggested it...awesome game. But, it doesnt compare to GT5..issues or not. Havent tried F1 2010 yet. Voted for GT5 obviously.
 
I don't see how anyone can vote for a game other then F1 2012 or GT5. All others aren't that great. I voted for GT5. Game of the year will probably be Black Ops or something stupid. :lol:

2 questions:
What is "Register My Vote"?
And is there a place where I can view the current votes for the games?
 
GT5 voted for racing game of the year. Because I enjoy it yet after 10 months playing it which isn't possible for another game and it will become even better within the new features and content coming...
👍 That's rare for me as well. I don't usually play anything for this long, but considering the kind of game GT5 is, it's been quite fun playing GT5 these past 10 months and seeing it grow like I expected it to when I read this
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-24-kaz-not-sure-if-gt6-will-be-on-ps3

I don't see how anyone can vote for a game other then F1 2012 or GT5. All others aren't that great. I voted for GT5. Game of the year will probably be Black Ops or something stupid. :lol:

2 questions:
What is "Register My Vote"?
And is there a place where I can view the current votes for the games?
That's to actually have your vote be counted. You need to make a quick account with the site.
 
HAHA I knew the whiners wouldnt vote for GT5 because they expected too much from GT5 and then didnt get what they wanted. I've voted for GT5.
 
The little things are upsetting the whiners. How annoying. And that's the reason for not voting for GT5?
 
HAHA I knew the whiners wouldnt vote for GT5 because they expected too much from GT5 and then didnt get what they wanted. I've voted for GT5.

Every post you make involves bashing on complainers. I love GT5, but I don't defend it when someone complains about it, partially because it may be true but mostly because I can take what people think about the game, in the same way I can take what people say about the Amuse S2k Turbo. I just say "Have your say". :sly:

And looks like my votes won't count because of the account thing :indiff: I made one before but I have no idea about anything of it at all :lol:
 
Voted but it wasn't for GT5. Went with F1 '10 instead.
 
HAHA I knew the whiners wouldnt vote for GT5 because they expected too much from GT5 and then didnt get what they wanted. I've voted for GT5.

The award is for best racing game. We don't think GT5 was the best racing game. That has got nothing to do with "whining" and "not getting what we wanted". It's about which game you think is better and for many people, they clearly don't think it's GT5.
 
Voted but it wasn't for GT5. Went with F1 '10 instead.

Same here. Don't get me wrong, GT5 is the best console driving simulator, but the best racing game? Not by a long shot
 
Alright, I'll talk about the ones I know.

NFS:HP: Is nothing trascenental. "Meh" game really. Handling is nothing special, graphics are good but not awe-inspiring, and the lack of customization and story sucks.

Shift 2: I tried Shi(f)t before and it sucks. Period. Can't be fun and can't be real. Simply sucks.

So...GT5 it is!!! :D
 
HAHA I knew the whiners wouldnt vote for GT5 because they expected too much from GT5 and then didnt get what they wanted. I've voted for GT5.

This is me. Whining about GT5 is fully justified imo (although this ISN'T the thread to do it in). I won't vote until I've played Forza 4 and it makes the list..?


Jerome
 
Voted- :)
 
I voted for GT5 with my main email account, and voted with another mail for NFS Just because "the porsche" license issue with MS :trollface:
 
Jump_Ace
This is me. Whining about GT5 is fully justified imo (although this ISN'T the thread to do it in). I won't vote until I've played Forza 4 and it makes the list..?

Jerome

Dont think it qualifies. J.

Released too late.
 
I hope it does. The game is awesome!
 
I voted for gt5 in both categories on all my computers and for singer reason it let me
Now for my rant
If your going to be on a forum for gt5 you should vote for it and how can you say its not as good as the others gt4 I got into the series and like all of them gt5 is my favourite no matter what because of all you can do on it . You guys complain of no new features and no updates on ps2 u didn't get any remember them days but now your given a bit you want more


If that didn't make sense sorry I'm on my phone and its hard
 
Looking at the other games within this category, GT5 should have this award in wraps. I've played TDU2 and Need For Speed Shift 2. Although both games had great concepts, TDU2 for sure in my opinion as well as thousands of others (just take a look at the TDU section of this forum) failed to deliever. Shift 2 might give GT5 a run but this should easily win for GT5.
 
Ultimate game of the year:
Fifa 11 or GT5?
:nervous: Who to vote for!? :nervous:
 
I voted for gt5 in both categories on all my computers and for singer reason it let me
Now for my rant
If your going to be on a forum for gt5 you should vote for it and how can you say its not as good as the others gt4 I got into the series and like all of them gt5 is my favourite no matter what because of all you can do on it . You guys complain of no new features and no updates on ps2 u didn't get any remember them days but now your given a bit you want more


If that didn't make sense sorry I'm on my phone and its hard

What if you're a member of let's say a GT forum and a NFS forum?
People don't need to be solely devoted to something to join a forum about it. In fact many people on GTP don't play the game anymore.
 
Back