GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Famine, Nov 27, 2010.

1. iainoflo85

iainoflo85

There is a 2J going around in the Marketplace disguised as a Civic Green Ticket. So head over there anyway. Or you can get it from a 1970 or Level 23 ticket.

2. timberwolf2000

timberwolf2000

some "rare" cars are understandable but some of them [Fairlady Z S-tune (Z33) '02] don't make any sense to me. was it something that PD/Kaz decided to throw a wrench into it or what? care to enlighten me?

3. TornadoAlley

TornadoAlley

I have updated all sheets to contain the latest data. segovia, I had completely missed your updates and got those incorporated.

The best suggestion I have is to download the searchable database file (top link in my sig). Then using the search routine you can try and find where you are in the lists.

If you don't find yourself you can start a new game (on the same PS3) and find which list you are on and the relative offset to the lists.

Then it is just a matter of recording what data you can (using the same ordering scheme that I have in the searchable database) and then putting it up on google docs or attaching the spreadsheet to a post in this thread.

4. fifomaniak

fifomaniak

I found myself on day 3760 on ML#2 and I'm now writing down the data from time to time. Trouble is, it'll take a loooong time before I catch up with Duck, cause there are 1400 days between us, but I'm now trying to reach a peak of career for one of my Bobs, so I do 3 races, then go back to UCD, write down the new data and back to racing. So you'll only be able to verify the data by mine, though I'm also writing down PP, everything is from 2.10 so its up-to-date until PD changes it in 2.11 :scared:

How often is it good for you to post my updates here? Every 100 days? 200 days? More/less than that?

5. TornadoAlley

TornadoAlley

It's up to you on how often you want to post the updates. If it is a simple addition I try and do the update once a week if there is new info.

6. Duck

Duck

Hi mate :)
    I'm spending only about 40% of my game time in my main account, so you'll catch me one month or another ;)
    PD completely ruined PP balancing with 2.11, and I'm glad I dropped PP writedown.
    The template I use to record data may be of your help. It's just a rudimental sheet where you put in a short name (like "autech" or "stratos") and it will be converted in the correct long name. It also calculates car prices using odometer data. Also you can change short names with more tasteful ones.
    Just ask if you need it.

7. Wild Cobra Z28

Wild Cobra Z28

Sorry for taking so long. Here are some corrections and additions for the Master List #1. There are two tabs in the Excel file. The first tab is corrections. The second tab is additions.

My data has odometer in km, credits, PP, and color.

In both tabs, the "A" column "Day" is the ML1 day. After color are "day" and "s" which is the day and sequence on may PS3 console.

I'm a bit embarrassed I made so many mistakes. I have 87 various types of corrections to game day 461. I have started carefully double-checking my work starting day 802. Corrected data is in red text, and the old data is in the remarks to the right.

There is a second PP column (PP2) which is the PP of the car after the 2.10 update.

I have verified up to my game day 461, which is 69/70 days later than ML1. This means my day 461 cars fall in days 530 and 531 of the ML1.

I originally was missing game days 420 to 422 and 429 until I verified with another account. These days are included in the corrections, and in Blue. There are four entries with background colors of yellow. Corrections in colors, but the rest of the car isn't verified.

The added data is from day 807 to day 946, ML1 days 876 to 1016. When I first went back to the online list, i noted the Tommykaira ZZ-S ’00 had different mileage. I pulled up my day 811 save game file, and the current 33052 km is wrong. It should be 33852 km. Since I had the file up, I added the new PP values for those 30 cars. There are also 30 cars with two PP columns filled for day 991 to 995. That is where I was at when the PP changes of 2.10 took effect. Note, I have been saving a copy of my game file to my computer HD every 5 game days. If it's important to verify anything, I can.

I'll try not to take so long searching for corrections for days 462 to 801.

For those wanting to see my original upload to day 806, it is in post # 1752. Please note my game day 133 cars are out of order, and there is a correction for that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  8. MadCyclist

MadCyclist

Amazing work people this is such an amazing resource. But it's also a curse because now I don't want to do the advanced rally challenges with their 8 events and missed dealership cycles.

9. GeoQuin4

GeoQuin4

So what happens when I'm on day 2739 and the car appears on the list lastly on day 2595 and then it jumps back to day 290??? Does that mean I'll never see the car again? How do I figure this out?

10. Famine

Famine Administrator

By reading the first post.

Your day 1 is not the same as anyone else's day 1, but it'll be exactly the same as some other day for everyone else. The list is effectively predetermined, but your start point is "randomised". Day 2595 on the list isn't your Day 2595 (though it might be, which would be a coincidence).

The "cycle" is a great deal more than 3,000 days long and may, in fact, never repeat over the 18 quintillion possible days in GT5. Check the used car search on GT5cars.net (linked in the first post) to predict the next occurrence of a car for you.

11. CLIBBY34

CLIBBY34

To clarify, the car will appear again beyond day 2595, we just can't say when :)

The lists 'only' contain data for the first few thousand game days - the UCD will continue to recycle for quite some time.

12. GeoQuin4

GeoQuin4

Yeah, see this is the problem I'm having and why I searched for this thread. When I enter the info for my UCD, it comes up with an error every time, even when I do all of the other tricks listed, etc. Even if I jump ahead more days and enter again, I still get an error, it's been like this for weeks.

Using your calculator, I've been able to identify two of my accounts as using Master List 1; however, my main account does not match either Master List somehow. I'm at a loss at this point because I don't know which list to even go off to begin with... If you'd like, I'll post what's in my USD and see if someone can help me that way, but I can't even get into the game right now as it won't let me download the new update...

Thanks for your help thus far,
    George

13. Famine

Famine Administrator

Unfortunately that will happen to some users - there's a limited number of people doing it, a completely random start point and 18 quintillion days. If the cycle never repeats, that's a lot of blank space we're going to get - even if everyone who ever bought GT5 contributed a thousand days of data and it didn't overlap in any way, we'd not cover a trillionth of the possible days.

Posting what you have would be good. If all of your accounts on the same console they will all have the same start point - you may find that you've simply gone off the end of the lists if your main account gets used more.

14. knackerbags

knackerbags

hey guys, great thread!!! and super job on the doc too

I've just registered, i play GT5 alot nowadys so add me PSN knackerbags

15. quatschkopp

quatschkopp

I'm really sorry to bump this really well bearded thread.

But, is there someone still lurking around in the GT5 Forums that might be able to answer a specific question?
    I don't really like to read through like 62 pages of this thread to find an answer to my current question - as I might re-read some stuff I have thought about some years ago. And yeah, it is still 62 pages of a thread.

My question basically is, I started a new game...
    It took me like 15 in game days to finally spot that my save is on "Master List #2" (and on my Day #15 I'm finally on day #1 on the compiled list).

I imagine that other people have had such huge offsets to the Master List (in terms of Game Days being negative for them) as well. But, does someone remember offsets like 15 in game days?

Thanks for any reply on the matter :)

16. Jubby

Jubby Premium

Mine seemed to be shifted too. You should notice the pattern holding true at some point.

17. quatschkopp

quatschkopp

@Jubby

I'm fully content that the pattern will match at some point, once you'll finally notice on which of those two lists you've landed.
    I was just about, did anyone have a negative offset to any of both lists like 15 in game days.. Which is quite some cars.. ;)

18. quatschkopp

quatschkopp

I've seen the cycle and a lot of other things regarding the UCD. Some information, where people have to rely on my word about it..
    The full cycle per list is made up by 2147483647 (0x7FFFFFFF) cars.
    ML1 is using even numbers and ML2 is using the odd numbers of a 32 bit unsigned integer.
    That's why both lists most probably will never join. I must admit, I haven't checked all these cars and their values. That's just too much cars.

A predetermined list of the first 1048576 cars on ML2 I've created is about 72 MB in size. And, this is only the first 128th part of the cycle.
    *EDIT* I've missed a part from the real value there.. for real it is like the 2048th part.. */EDIT*

If anyone wants to give it a go, I can upload some shorter versions for both lists. Like up to game day 10,000 or so..

But I found the first entry from @GTsail290 on line 267 of my list:

Code:
    Car                                                     Price        Odometer    Color
    Nissan - 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89                        35,028       22,642      Deep Purple Metallic
    Mercedes-Benz - SL 500 (R129) '98                       135,608      38,648      Polarweiß
    Mitsubishi - FTO GR '97                                 17,325       16,375      Kilder Green Pearl
    Subaru - IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99     20,729       57,972      Cashmere Yellow
    Mitsubishi - Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '03              28,081       29,707      Red Solid
    Bugatti - Veyron 16.4 '09                               2,000,000    0           White Coffee / Black

To see the full cycle on your own, you would have to be at least on game day 357,913,942 (0x15555556) if my calculator was doing right..

That's quite some races to fully cycle the UCD :D

*EDIT2, September 22nd, 2016*

I later found, the PRNG (Pseudo Random Number Generator) running the show is called MT19937 (Mersenne-Twister), being seeded with the UCD day (similar to what is shown in the game). I don't think that this information is breaking the AUP, as it still wouldn't reveal the full list being used to determine the "presented" cars from the UCD for each gameday - and how their mileage and price and color is being determined from that "pseudo" random number.. ;)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Razerman, GTsail and Lubeify100 like this.
  19. R129owner

R129owner

hi

i have my 137000 credits but can't find an R129 in the used car dealership in GT5 - any advice would be appreciated - thanks

20. Silly Bird

Silly Bird

The master list that I'm in (ML2) says that I'm on day 930 but I'm actually on day 876, why is that?

21. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

I still cant find fgt on my new save (well not new but from this year)

22. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

This actually works.. Sorry for ignorant post before.. Found myself at ML2 day 866.. Amazing work people

Edit: So FGT is day 1013 on ML2 if anyone else is looking.. Not far away :)