GT5 Used Car Database [in progress]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,863 comments
Okay thanks. It's just that I'm on day 5000+ and I'm hunting down the last few LM race car colours, but they never show up or they keep showing up in colours I already have. Using the gt5cars website it always shows my UCD is not on record. Makes me wonder if the UCD doesn't loop at all...

Day 5000: master list 1 or 2?

About UCD loop, as I noted otherwise, I'm also around day 5000 and there are still 105 car versions that never showed up. It's an huge number comparing with the total of 4200+ total. I'm finding 'new' versions of cars every 50-100 days.... just to slow. This leads me to two options:
1) list cycles at very high day number, because I don't think PD didn't put all the car versions in UCD (except of XFR, HPA Golf and Buick Special, we know)
2) most likely, list was built with procedural generation: this should explain why the loop seems so large, why you can see identical cars in the same day, why some car versions still aren't available at day 5000. If so, there are other two options:
-2a) the list was randomly generated with a procedural method in the development phase, then looped and inserted in game
-2b) the list is currently generated with a procedural method while we are playing, and PD implemented 2 different algorhytms for doing so, one for what we call master list 1 and one for master list 2.

According to sorg, the list could be as big as 2^31 (approximately 2 billion entries, or days, not sure -- well, it's only a factor of 6 between the two, anyway). This was his reply when I said (after he shared with us some relevant information) that the list was generated on-the-fly (procedural generation, as Duck says) rather than read from a pre-generated list:

I didn't doubt in this from first days i've used GT5. I don't know where those people got idea of pre-generated list. Being programmer i won't do this unless it's absolutely required. Collision found in UCD is easy to explain: console ID (probably only 32bit part of it is used) and day number most likely have simple relations like add. So, console1 with ID higher by 1000 than console2 ID in UCD will always be 1000 days ahead of console2. Random function used to calculate UCD doesn't include any true random data like white noise from hardware rnd() or pad presses or anything else. So, although there is no pre-generated list in game, it's still possible to generate it if there are not many bits in arguments of this function. But i believe list size will be at least 2^31. So, it's still a lot of work for those people to make the list ;)

This would be, for all intents and purposes, an infinitely long list. But a literally infinitely long list would not be possible, as the space used to store the number of days is finite, meaning it would roll over back to 0 at some point.

I have been using the spread sheet template to fill in holes from my own game. I'm currently on day 3016 on Master list 1 but have only been logging since about day 3005. I am quite OCD about the upkeep and information that I store and log. Don't even get me started on my lap time spread sheets.... What would be the best thing for me to do to be able to help complete this project a little more?

Day 876-896 in ML1, I have added some mileage/pp/price info and from day 891-896, Colors as well. I am currently on game day 896 in ML1 [my day 866], and I have pictures of the screen from Day ~870-891, but from this point I will be adding info directly to a spreadsheet (a copy of your 01-13-13 updated ML1, Tornado)

How might you want the data merged?

I have been using the spread sheet template to fill in holes from my own game. I'm currently on day 3016 on Master list 1 but have only been logging since about day 3005. I am quite OCD about the upkeep and information that I store and log. Don't even get me started on my lap time spread sheets.... What would be the best thing for me to do to be able to help complete this project a little more?

One way that works well is to use a google spreadsheet and give me the link to the sheet (be sure that it is shared). I can then get it incorporated into my sheets. Alternatively you can attach files to your posts here that I will download and insert into my files.

Day 876-896 in ML1, I have added some mileage/pp/price info and from day 891-896, Colors as well. I am currently on game day 896 in ML1 [my day 866], and I have pictures of the screen from Day ~870-891, but from this point I will be adding info directly to a spreadsheet (a copy of your 01-13-13 updated ML1, Tornado)

How might you want the data merged?

To be honest it would be easiest if you had a spreadsheet that contained only the days that you have added information. I can also handle it if you give me the entire sheet with your updates as I can look for those specific days to update my lists.

Updated from Row 5255 to Row 5382, attached Zip of .xlsx from Google Docs below.

P.S: I probably will continue to update the day 900 area regularly, depending on how awesome I am at keeping up, and how much I play. I'll probably have about 20-50 days a week as I progress through the game. I'm trying to go for the platinum again, so lots of Bob races to get the Bob's Career trophy. This will keep me busy in between. ^^

Attachments

• Copy of GT5 Master List 1 v2.06 UCD %28updated 1-13-13%29.xlsx.zip
    511.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
It most likely doesn't. If colors are what is hanging you up, you may want to try the Marketplace to get the last colors you need through trade. Also, read the OP. TA's latest update will make it the most current rendition of what we know about the UCD cycle. Unfortunately, after an update about 6 months ago, GT5cars has gone silent again. This is no guarantee that the info you need will be in that update (or that it will be the answer you want even if it is), but it is more current than gt5cars right now.

Unfortunately the LM cars I'm looking for are all untradeable. Otherwise I would've traded for them already. Which link is TA? I tried the v2.06 searchable UCD and GT5 master list 1 but I have no idea how to use it :confused: For the first link I can't input the cars in my UCD, and the second link is just a list of all cars?

Day 5000: master list 1 or 2?

About UCD loop, as I noted otherwise, I'm also around day 5000 and there are still 105 car versions that never showed up. It's an huge number comparing with the total of 4200+ total. I'm finding 'new' versions of cars every 50-100 days.... just to slow. This leads me to two options:
1) list cycles at very high day number, because I don't think PD didn't put all the car versions in UCD (except of XFR, HPA Golf and Buick Special, we know)
2) most likely, list was built with procedural generation: this should explain why the loop seems so large, why you can see identical cars in the same day, why some car versions still aren't available at day 5000. If so, there are other two options:
-2a) the list was randomly generated with a procedural method in the development phase, then looped and inserted in game
-2b) the list is currently generated with a procedural method while we are playing, and PD implemented 2 different algorhytms for doing so, one for what we call master list 1 and one for master list 2.

I'm not sure about the master lists. GT5cars doesn't have my UCD on record, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the other links (see my reply above).

Unfortunately the LM cars I'm looking for are all untradeable. Otherwise I would've traded for them already. Which link is TA? I tried the v2.06 searchable UCD and GT5 master list 1 but I have no idea how to use it :confused: For the first link I can't input the cars in my UCD, and the second link is just a list of all cars?

I'm not sure about the master lists. GT5cars doesn't have my UCD on record, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the other links (see my reply above).
TA should be TornadoAlley, do the links should be the ones you already tried.
Did you read OP?

According to sorg, the list could be as big as 2^31 (approximately 2 billion entries, or days, not sure -- well, it's only a factor of 6 between the two, anyway).

This would be, for all intents and purposes, an infinitely long list. But a literally infinitely long list would not be possible, as the space used to store the number of days is finite, meaning it would roll over back to 0 at some point.
Thank you for the quote. Nonetheless I'll continue to update until it have some use to me!
100% car versions collection is still in progress, and need track of my main progresses (full) while my secondary account approaches :D

Hi,

Are colors based on PS3 or useraccount?
Give different user account on the same PS3 different colors?
Did anybody check that?

Thanks!

Hi,

Are colors based on PS3 or useraccount?
Give different user account on the same PS3 different colors?
Did anybody check that?

Thanks!

This is only the case for the OCD, and I think green ticket prizes (but not checked this). The only variable re colour etc is the Master List. There is 2, my first PS3 was on ML1, now my new PS3 is ML2. This is the only variable for colour/car/mileage listing for the UCD.

This is only the case for the OCD, and I think green ticket prizes (but not checked this). The only variable re colour etc is the Master List. There is 2, my first PS3 was on ML1, now my new PS3 is ML2. This is the only variable for colour/car/mileage listing for the UCD.

Yes, for OCD I know..but (yeah without testing yet) wondered about the UCD.
There are a few untradeables that I wanted on my sub account..and after checking all days in the ML2 (I'm on that too)...I miss 2 colors.

I will test it out tonight on my alternate account.

There are a few untradeables that I wanted on my sub account..and after checking all days in the ML2 (I'm on that too)...I miss 2 colors.

Yeah I found that there was certain cars on ML1 that I just couldn't get, and would've had to wait hundreds of days for. Then I got my new PS3 and it's on ML2, then the cars that I was missing appeared quite quickly, and with less delay.

Interesting, thanks for the info Sir! :)

If you use this website http://gt5cars.net/ then you can not only predict when you're going to find a car, but it can tell you what colours are due. I'm on ML2 and it seems to be more accurate with colours than ML1 (there was so many gaps with colour/mileage).

Basically I need a Chevrolet SSR in Ricochet Silver to complete all colours of that car - I have simply entered it into my wishlist part of the site, then looked in the upcoming wishlist section of the site which links to my current UCD search. It tells me I have to wait 250 game days for that colour SSR (but it should be less now I haven't updated it in a while).

You just have to register to use this part of the site, or you can send me the link showing your current UCD "page", just enter them into this link: http://gt5cars.net/used_car_searches/new then send me the page where all the cars are showing, I can then work out how many game days until you get the colours of the cars you're after.

Yeah I had a screenshot of my UCD..filled it in...showed most of the same colors as I saw yesterday :(

Need to check my other account, what colors will show up there 👍

Edit: OK, no matter which account you use, UCD colors are fixed on PS3.

Last edited:
If you use this website http://gt5cars.net/ then you can not only predict when you're going to find a car, but it can tell you what colours are due. I'm on ML2 and it seems to be more accurate with colours than ML1 (there was so many gaps with colour/mileage).

Basically I need a Chevrolet SSR in Ricochet Silver to complete all colours of that car - I have simply entered it into my wishlist part of the site, then looked in the upcoming wishlist section of the site which links to my current UCD search. It tells me I have to wait 250 game days for that colour SSR (but it should be less now I haven't updated it in a while).

You just have to register to use this part of the site, or you can send me the link showing your current UCD "page", just enter them into this link: http://gt5cars.net/used_car_searches/new then send me the page where all the cars are showing, I can then work out how many game days until you get the colours of the cars you're after.

As has been pointed out before, gt5cars uses our database and has not been updated in quite awhile. While the website is definitely more user friendly for those who are not used to Excel, the database linked in the OP is THE most current version of any UCD list and contains colors for many entries (if it isn't in that database, it isn't on gt5cars.). The learning curve is not that steep to learn to use the Excel version and it will continue to be the most up to date resource for tracking the UCD. If you are in ML2, then be sure to send a "thank you" to Duck for his work recording it. If I remember correctly he has done the lion's share of the work on ML2.

Hi mate.
After 5000 days in master list #2 I still never saw about 100 car versions (over a total of 4000+) in UCD, so it's normal asking for that cars to other users (in UCD #1 or sorted with tickets).

Hi mate.
After 5000 days in master list #2 I still never saw about 100 car versions (over a total of 4000+) in UCD, so it's normal asking for that cars to other users (in UCD #1 or sorted with tickets).

Yeah, seems like it. But I found some colors of LM race cars, who should I tell that to? Are you able to update the sheet? Or should I ask Famine?

Or better, I'll paste it here to start with 👍

ML #2:

Color and numbers

178 : rx-7 lm (Orange)
418 : rx-7 lm (Yellow)
441 : rx-7 lm (White)
676 : rx-7 lm (black)
1119 : rx-7 lm (Red)
1366 : rx-7 lm (Red)
1719 : rx-7 lm (Orange)
1899 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
1987 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
2286 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
3569 : rx-7 lm (Black)
3720 : rx-7 lm (Red)
3745 : rx-7 lm (Black)
4677 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
4968 : rx-7 lm (Black)
1120 : Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04 #18

Cheers and great job done here :bowdown:

Edit:

878 : Lutecia Trophy Car #9 yellow
987 : Lutecia Trophy Car #5 Red

Last edited:
Yeah, seems like it. But I found some colors of LM race cars, who should I tell that to? Are you able to update the sheet? Or should I ask Famine?

Or better, I'll paste it here to start with 👍

ML #2:

Color and numbers

178 : rx-7 lm (Orange)
418 : rx-7 lm (Yellow)
441 : rx-7 lm (White)
676 : rx-7 lm (black)
1119 : rx-7 lm (Red)
1366 : rx-7 lm (Red)
1719 : rx-7 lm (Orange)
1899 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
1987 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
2286 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
3569 : rx-7 lm (Black)
3720 : rx-7 lm (Red)
3745 : rx-7 lm (Black)
4677 : rx-7 lm (Blue)
4968 : rx-7 lm (Black)
1120 : Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04 #18

Cheers and great job done here :bowdown:

Edit:

878 : Lutecia Trophy Car #9 yellow
987 : Lutecia Trophy Car #5 Red
Great 👍
I'm actually involved in main account progression, but also revising old days with GTP_Duck one, now in day 870, when driving premium cars. The job includes adding missing colours ;)

Great 👍
I'm actually involved in main account progression, but also revising old days with GTP_Duck one, now in day 870, when driving premium cars. The job includes adding missing colours ;)

Oh great mate! Very impressive and time consuming task! But very usefull.
I've been using it the last days to collect specific colors..so scrolling down the list for different makes..

So maybe useless to mention...but I have 1 missing color for ML2 again :lol:

983 Mugen MUGEN S2000 '00 - White

Cheers my friend, if you can use my help...let me know!

Hi Duck and everyone else,

I want to help a little bit if I can, but I don't want to dig through 92 pages, as I see you're not the one who created this thread and therefore you don't edit first post.

How can I determine on which list I am and maybe on which day I am? Also is there anywhere a compiled list of everything you've already done?

i'm confused on the online search feature: it says that i have 1888 days until my requested car appears. per my system, i'm at 1394 days. what correlation does the search have w/my # of game days?

where is the link for master list #2 ???
i just saw the link for #1...
TornadoAlley's sig. I have quoted his last post for you to find it easier.

i'm confused on the online search feature: it says that i have 1888 days until my requested car appears. per my system, i'm at 1394 days. what correlation does the search have w/my # of game days?

I believe that means your car will show up on your game day 3282.

I believe that means your car will show up on your game day 3282.[/QUOTE]

holy crap...that's what i was afraid that it meant. thank u...i guess (j/k)

You're welcome ;).

I suggest you head to the marketplace and ask for the car (if it is worth under 1,000,000cr) or a level/year ticket (if it is worth over 1,000,000cr) and try and get it that way.

Back