GT5 versions update question

• Thread starter Old Guy
  • 84 comments
I'm having the same issue. EU. Can't update my game. Also reported this to psn support, but nothing so far. They only asked for my psn id and e-mail instead of making a comment about the issue. GT5 isn't the only game that's having this issue by the way. I hope it gets fixed. I'm a trophy hunter and I don't want to mod my ps3 just to download some patches.

I'm having the same issue. EU. Can't update my game. Also reported this to psn support, but nothing so far. They only asked for my psn id and e-mail instead of making a comment about the issue. GT5 isn't the only game that's having this issue by the way. I hope it gets fixed. I'm a trophy hunter and I don't want to mod my ps3 just to download some patches.
I have emailed Playstaton support last Monday about my incident number I got with them, and they said they will let me know in a couple of days. So I emailed them again on Thursday about my incident number, and they emailed back saying we are investigating the matter, and they will let me know.

I updated some games without any issues, granted, the PSN servers and the network card of the console are not the best either. Try to set an alternate DNS if it works, like:
Google Public DNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Cloudflare: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (I use this because it is faster in my area)

I changed mine on the router, but you can change only on the console settings to see if it works. I did this because with the ISP DNS my phone was always disconnecting but all of the remaining devices of the house were still working and this fixed my issue.

Last edited:
Connection wise that would help, but you guys are getting not much support from Sony like I said previously before. Your wasting a lot of time with it. It’s one of those things it’s on Sony’s end. They probably already noticed the issue or probably don’t even care at this point.

Connection wise that would help, but you guys are getting not much support from Sony like I said previously before. Your wasting a lot of time with it. It’s one of those things it’s on Sony’s end. They probably already noticed the issue or probably don’t even care at this point.
Well I keep sending PS support emails and I tell them, what are you doing about my incident number I got and why is it taking so long.

@fordlaser I'm also in contact with psn support, but nothing useful so far. They keep asking me for further details. So I took some pictures of the ps3 screen and sent them.

@Codemastersk Thanks. I'm not planning to use a cfw on my ps3, but if they never fix this patch issue, I might think about it in the future, especially if it's possible to use cfw to download patches and then unmod the ps3 and keep using it properly, online.

@fordlaser I'm also in contact with psn support, but nothing useful so far. They keep asking me for further details. So I took some pictures of the ps3 screen and sent them.

@Codemastersk Thanks. I'm not planning to use a cfw on my ps3, but if they never fix this patch issue, I might think about it in the future, especially if it's possible to use cfw to download patches and then unmod the ps3 and keep using it properly, online.
I have sent PS support another email today about my incident number and in that email I said, I am really annoyed I have not heard anything from you guy's, and without the updates the game is useless to play. I also told them to let me know ASAP on what is going on about these GT5 updates please.

I hope they fix the issue asap. Apparently the NA discs can find the updates just fine, the problem is with the EU discs. And now that I'm done with almost all the gold medals, I don't want to switch discs and lose my save.

I hope they fix the issue asap. Apparently the NA discs can find the updates just fine, the problem is with the EU discs. And now that I'm done with almost all the gold medals, I don't want to switch discs and lose my save.
I will let you know if I get an email from them in the next day or so, and if not I will keep sending them emails until I get an answer from them.

Last edited:

Edit: They got back to me again today, suggesting some generic steps; setting up the date and time, deleting the game data, then restoring the ps3 file system and rebuilding database.

Since I'm not the only one having this issue, it is clear that this isn't a local problem with my ps3, but I still followed their suggestions, and nothing changed as expected.

So I let them know that these suggestions didn't make any change so that they can investigate further.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem.

I have two discs, one is the original 1.00 release and the game stays at that version, saying it's "up to date" when checking for update.
The other is the platinum release, which is at 1.13 or something like that. That one says it's up to date as well.

I have 2.17 on one of my PS3s (from way back), but want to update my other one as well :\

Edit: They got back to me again today, suggesting some generic steps; setting up the date and time, deleting the game data, then restoring the ps3 file system and rebuilding database.

Since I'm not the only one having this issue, it is clear that this isn't a local problem with my ps3, but I still followed their suggestions, and nothing changed as expected.

So I let them know that these suggestions didn't make any change so that they can investigate further.
I got an email from them today and they said, we are now passing your information on to their experts and will let me know in 3 days time.

I'm having the same problem.

I have two discs, one is the original 1.00 release and the game stays at that version, saying it's "up to date" when checking for update.
The other is the platinum release, which is at 1.13 or something like that. That one says it's up to date as well.

I have 2.17 on one of my PS3s (from way back), but want to update my other one as well :\
That's what I thought. What about newer disc? Disc should be something about 2.15?

That's what I thought. What about newer disc? Disc should be something about 2.15?

I have an academy edition disc which is on 2.07. It always tries to connect and then gives an error message. I can't load up the downloadable content icon, because it tries to connect when I do that. I believe, this issue was fixed on 2.17, but since I can't update my game, I still have that issue :/

I have an academy edition disc which is on 2.07. It always tries to connect and then gives an error message. I can't load up the downloadable content icon, because it tries to connect when I do that. I believe, this issue was fixed on 2.17, but since I can't update my game, I still have that issue :/
Yeah, you are right, 2.07 is too old :( No solution then.

I ordered the Academy edition off ebay, just in case that becomes the only way the have at least somewhat updated GT5 on PS3.
Keeping an eye out on this thread for possible solutions, please don't forget to let us know.

What with the PS Store closing things down soon, I think PD has just jumped the gun & gone all-in with it. Or, maybe they got wind of people playing GT5 online again & decided to mess with them. Who knows...

It's not just GT5, there are other games with similar issues. I saw someone post that Street Fighter 3, Hitman: Absolution and Smash Cars had problems too (on another forum).

The thing is I feel like you two are gonna be looping when it comes to support, when they stated they may bring in someone who knows the issue mainly is gonna be about your PS3 console. You guys are gonna hit dead ends almost frequently or they may ghost you into thinking they’ll have the support you need.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't expect too much from support, but I believe it might be helpful if many people report the same issue and then someone in power might realise there is something wrong with their EU servers and maybe fix it.

The thing is I feel like you two are gonna be looping when it comes to support, when they stated they may bring in someone who knows the issue mainly is gonna be about your PS3 console. You guys are gonna hit dead ends almost frequently or they may ghost you into thinking they’ll have the support you need.
As @emboliformis said if more people report this issue then we will get somewhere :). I emailed PS support yesterday and I said this to them in the email, this problem occurs when you buy another PS3 because the other PS3 does not work anymore, and you put GT5 disc in the new PS3 for the very first time, and then you connect the PS3 to the internet but there is no updates to download for the game. Later that day I got an email from them saying, they will pass in on to their expert and let me know in 3 days time.

Yeah when I tried to email them using the support links, it told me that they can't take emails because they were too busy or something like that. You can directly send an email to this address:
help@uk.playstation.com

Make sure to include your psn id and the associated email address, because they'll probably ask it and that will take up to a few days of emails back and forth lol.

Last edited:
Hey @emboliformis they have not ask me for your PSN ID and the associated email address as yet.

The more people that send emails to PS support, the more likely they will do something about our issue.

Sorry for the double posts.

Hey @emboliformis they have not ask me for your PSN ID and the associated email address as yet.

The more people that send emails to PS support, the more likely they will do something about our issue.

Sorry for the double posts.

No problem :) I sent a direct email to that adress without using any proper support links, and that was the first thing they asked me :)

Back