GT5 VS GT6. Which do You Choose?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 148 comments

Which GT on PS3 do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
GT6, but I'm mad at PD for removing shuffle, photomode locations and cars.

I don't care about bspec and course creator though

GT5 has Ferrari F1, Top Gear track, more photomode locations, more course maker themes, more interesting Special Events and proper Endurance races.

GT6 has more cars & tracks, better physics (except aero), faster menus, all cars available from start, better paint system and less grinding in career. VGT project is really cool too.

GT5 is like the luxury version of a car. It has all the extra features, but it feels bloated and not all features are very useful or polished. GT6 is like the sport version. It's trimmed down and missing some creature comforts, but everything you need for a good drive is there and works really well. By virtue of the physics improvements alone, I choose GT6.

Last edited:
GT5 is the only one from the whole series that I didnt have a chance to play. But I heard that physics are similar to GT4,so I choose GT6,because for me,physics are the most significant aspect of any racing game,above everything else. But I've heard about things in GT5 that would be very welcome in GT6.

GT5, for all of the things that *weren't* directly tied to getting your car on the track.

I actually liked the Museum cards, and was keen on logging in to collect them. I liked how they tried to integrate a social media aspect, where you could leave messages on your friends' profiles. I liked the idea of Gran Turismo TV (though admittedly, I didn't buy any of the vids that cost real world money.)

I liked that GT5 tried to go above and beyond what GT titles were in the past, on top of the gameplay that brought us back for every iteration so far.

GT6, of course !

- Better physic
- Better graphics
- More cars
- More tracks, day/night cycle and weather much more present
- More customisation
- Special Events : Moon, Senna and Sierra
- Community feature more complete
- Career mode more varied and fluid progression
- Online more stable et more complete

Remains only B-SPEC and course maker :)

GT5 is :

- F2007 and F10
- Endurance races
- And that's it.

For me, it's impossible to prefer GT5. 6 is better on 95% of the points. IMO.

Last edited:
Like many others, I won't vote, we're missing an option in this poll.

I would love to say GT6 because of all the improvements on many levels, but that would mean that I don't care enough about the long list of things that GT5 had and that GT6 doesn't (#1: Custom Tracks).

Now, if there was a GT6 2.0...

GT6 by far. Physics obviously better and other improvements made, missing endurance races though. Never put GT5 in machine since GT6 release. Far more likely to play an older version than GT5 actually.

The only area where GT6 is better than GT5 is physics (and the few additional cars or tracks). GT6 is incredibly dull and boring. GT5 run smoother too.

GT5 wins easily.

This 👍

To me GT6 is a complete mess and the only thing I can enjoy doing is running TT laps... Everything else is meh at best.

The GT6 physics are much much better. If you havent, try GT5 physics again to see how weird/bad they are in comparison, now that you're used to the GT6 ones.

GT6 is better, but I'm missing some things from GT5.

GT5
  • Shuffle Racing
  • Course Maker
  • Better photomode locations
  • Top Gear Test Track
  • Car trading / sharing
  • Ferrari F1

GT6
  • Better driving physics
  • More customization options
  • Better paint chip system
  • More premium classic cars
  • Faster loading
  • Better menus
  • The new tracks
  • The community feature
This is very close to what I would answer.
Photomode and trading were my main priority in 5 and both seem to have gotten either less attention or left out completely.

Just fired up GT5 - up to version 2.17 now
Had an arcade race on a Course creator track... Had to downtune the tyres and car a bit but a real wheel to wheel race after the traffic jam of lap one.
Used car area...
This is just a great place to pop in... look at a small selection of cars, that may make you think... "Lets race this bad boy" without having to actively pick out a certain brand of car...
Silvia Q from 1988... Maybe a 1993 RX7....

Must be an old fart as I couldn't feel too much difference in the physics, My RX7 felt a bit gripless at the start but I am guessing cold Comfort tyres ... just had to drive it. (I guess ABS=0 will feel the same everytime you lock up in a cloud of tyre smoke and frantic sawing at the wheel!) Then it is caressing the car to be smooth to shave a tenth or two without getting the back end all out of shape.

Menus had a few more synthetic (Old GT era) beeps and buzzes- I liked the way you ignore it for a few minutes and you get a photomode flyby of your current car...

GT6 easily. However the only reason I'd go back to GT5 is because it has the F2007 and F10 in it. Had they been in GT6 I'd have sold GT5.

While they both have their plusses and minuses, I think I would have to go with 5. I didn't get into GT until 5XL so I started with the finished and "polished" version from the start. I did manage to play it 3-5 times a week for about two years solid, I was even finishing up my 5th running of the 24 Hours of LaMans when 6 showed up in the mail, but I just got bored with 6 in about six months. So 5 turned out to be a better game for me, even with it's minuses.

6 for sure. the XP system in 5 was horrid.
The new tracks in 6 are very cool, faster menus, better feel no more checking the UCD 100 times to find the car you want. Better paint system, better customization, more cars, if only they would give us the course creator.

6 for sure. the XP system in 5 was horrid.
The new tracks in 6 are very cool, faster menus, better feel no more checking the UCD 100 times to find the car you want. Better paint system, better customization, more cars, if only they would give us the course creator.
...man...the UCD...(bad memories)

Not going to be nitpicking at every aspect; GT6 had better physics, better online, better sense of driving pleasure. That's it. Its career mode was physical pain, with no incentive at all. I could finish it in a week if I had the interest to do so.

I had a lot more fun in driving in GT6, but for now, as an overall game I like GT5. While GT5 was a step backwards compared to GT4, GT6 was a step backwards even farther.

Last edited:
i cant understand the mentality of companies that take away features for no discernable reason

ok if you got a new console or your parent company is holding a gun to your head with deadlines and DLC that is sort of understandable but we expect new games to improve on older games while adding new features

we expect stuff like Vision GT and we thank them for it but it does not excuse taking out content without explanation

i dont even care if they removed online last year in May as long as GT6 was a 100% replacement

it clearly is not

Hmm, let's see...

In GT6 i like:

- faster menus and loading times (it still amazes me how slow and unresponsive GT5's menu is)
- better physics
- new premium cars, also some of which are cars I didn't quite enjoy in GT5 because they were standards
- tesselation technology on some premium cars, making every curve smooth :drool:
- new tracks, and more tracks having weather and time setting
- more customization options
- 2 cars in photo travel
- the pixelated smoke which ruined countless photos in GT5 is gone
- Vision GT. I didn't really care at first but with every new car released I realise how cool of a project it really is
- the stupid XP system from GT5 is gone
- paint chips are no longer lost whan you paint a car (this was so frustrating)
- no creepy Jeff Gordon like in GT5

In GT5 i like:

- more HUD options (simplified in GT6)
- MUCH better photo locations, most of which are more detailed than the ones in GT6 (funny how PD doesn't mind using pixelated GT3-era car models and yet they take away the awesome photo locations)
- graphics in general (something about lightning and material shaders seems better to me in GT5)
- shadows. Yes, in GT5 they flicker but atleast we have sharp shadows, which to me adds a lot to the immersion, especially in cockpit view.
- better image quality (GT6 looks kind of muddy and muted)
- more options in arcade mode (mechanical damage, fuel etc...)
- the Photo Travel glitch which enables you to take photos of car interiors (I loved this, now it's removed :banghead:)
- I liked the presentation in the premium dealership, much classier than GT6
- there was something about Nurburgring in GT5. That subtle early morning, slightly foggy atmosphere made the game look incredible. Due to the change in the lightning i can't replicate that weather setting in GT6. it's a minor thing but it was one of the best GT5 moments IMO.

GT5 was very flawed and inconsistent but at its best it was amazing IMO. I won't vote yet because I believe GT6 will be expanded and improved just like GT5 was, but at this point i think i prefer GT5.

But out of everything PD released on PS3 my favourite is GT5: Prologue. Except for being low on content it was as good as previous GT games IMO. A consistent, polished release, best graphics in a PS3 GT game, it aimed for quality and it showed.

Last edited:
For me, it's impossible to prefer GT5. 6 is better on 95% of the points. IMO.
Of course, but only because you're comparing them side by side. The games weren't released simultaneously, so side by side comparisons don't tell the whole story.

I think the voting so far speaks volumes. Gt6 is without doubt a far better game than 5. Okay people are bummed the course maker and endurance along with b spec isn't in yet but, seriously, how can people say 5 was better? If you bought 5 on day 1, it was nowhere near finished. Payouts were as poor as 6, no seasonals, endless grinding to "level up". Physics that'd regressed from prologue. 6 is hands down a better game, no contest. 6 has just been blighted by a slower than expected evolution. Gt5=6.5/10. Gt6=7/10 out of the box

Back