GT5 VS GT6. Which do You Choose?

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 148 comments

Which GT on PS3 do you prefer?

• Gran Turismo 5

• Gran Turismo 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
...snip..
...Yeah have to say it's a mix. Depsite GT6 having important improvements, I ultimately enjoyed my time with GT5 more.
This part especially. In spite of the improvement to physics, I had a lot more fun overall with GT5. GT6 didn't seem to be the big leap forward from GT5 I expected it to be.

GT6 improved physics, menus and access to used cars and getting away from GT5 level system made it a better game, but it seems key feature missing, make it less memorable to the even number games (GT2,GT4).

Just hard to image GT1, 16 years ago in regards to offline had grid starts, tire/fuel wear, endurance racing but, GT6 released in 2013 could not implement most of these due to technical reasons.

Edit: and qualifying

Last edited:
Okay since GT5 and 6 aren't the best in the series ever since GT5 Prologue, I be honest here, from my standpoint I prefer 5 over 6 by a little bit and let me explain,

When Gran Turismo 5 released in November 2010 a long time ago, I was really hype to get it, And it was the best racing game at the time for me due to the cars, course maker, seasonal events, photo mode locations and online was fun, Graphics at first looked okay and when GT5 got updated to 2.0 it looked even better, seeing the sun rays shine over the Nurburgring and La Sarthe was the best I seen and the all the different cars on the track made it fun especially the jump tracks, It has this sense of fun and felt like GT3 all over again,

Then GT6 came out in 2013, I got it because I saw the new tracks and night effects and thought, so they decided to finally fight back and seeing the GT Arena track for the first time I thought, Finally a stadium track but we'll all know how stale the track feels, honestly they should have made a dirt variant so we at least have another rally track, and anyways, GT6 felt stale at the beginning, They added motion blur in the replays and then removed it... Why PD... Why remove the sense of speed..., and the graphics seemed downgraded since the sun and lighting effects seemed off since the colored Rays were gone and replaced with crappy blurs of light on the mirrors and the skyboxes looked fake, I expected the starry sky to be on all the tracks with Time/Weather Variable like in the trailer but SSX and Goodwood and Brand's Hatch didn't get them and the shadows on most of the tracks look really bad, Cars remained standard although most of them were improved by a little bit and the braking feels really stale since in GT5 you could see how the car braked while GT6 you see the suspension working on it but you don't feel it, Career mode feels really boring compared to 5 and the Moon events and Senna events are just time trials, Sierra actually brought a new game mode but they abandoned it, The VGT cars, well the Original Designs looked way better than the final like the BMW, Peugeot, etc so yeah, Course Maker took two years to make it to the game and it's an app so yeah, not really anything to get excited, as we reach the end of GT6's Life Cycle, I honestly feel that GT5 was the better of the two since it had the GT aura that make the previous one's special and brought this sense of fun, GT6 however overall was just a GT5 3.0 in my opinion by bringing things we didn't need and bringing things too late... So yeah in the end, I feel that 5 better than 6.

Last edited:
Honestly... GT5 is way better than GT6 in the aspect that it felt more complete... I love the UI in GT5... Used car dealerships was amazing in gt5 and it felt like what GT4 was... an actual career... Gt6 has so many single player holes that its disappointing... I love what they did for multiplayer... although they have ****** connections with people not being able to see each other but multiplayer is great... but not fun... Honestly GT5 felt like a more professional built game then Gt6... I think that if you combine GT5's Complete feel with GT6's physics and new features, It would be a GT that a lot more people would enjoy

Okay since GT5 and 6 aren't the best in the series ever since GT5 Prologue, I be honest here, from my standpoint I prefer 5 over 6 by a little bit and let me explain,

When Gran Turismo 5 released in November 2010 a long time ago, I was really hype to get it, And it was the best racing game at the time for me due to the cars, course maker, seasonal events, photo mode locations and online was fun, Graphics at first looked okay and when GT5 got updated to 2.0 it looked even better, seeing the sun rays shine over the Nurburgring and La Sarthe was the best I seen and the all the different cars on the track made it fun especially the jump tracks, It has this sense of fun and felt like GT3 all over again,

Then GT6 came out in 2013, I got it because I saw the new tracks and night effects and thought, so they decided to finally fight back and seeing the GT Arena track for the first time I thought, Finally a stadium track but we'll all know how stale the track feels, honestly they should have made a dirt variant so we at least have another rally track, and anyways, GT6 felt stale at the beginning, They added motion blur in the replays and then removed it... Why PD... Why remove the sense of speed..., and the graphics seemed downgraded since the sun and lighting effects seemed off since the colored Rays were gone and replaced with crappy blurs of light on the mirrors and the skyboxes looked fake, I expected the starry sky to be on all the tracks with Time/Weather Variable like in the trailer but SSX and Goodwood and Brand's Hatch didn't get them and the shadows on most of the tracks look really bad, Cars remained standard although most of them were improved by a little bit and the braking feels really stale since in GT5 you could see how the car braked while GT6 you see the suspension working on it but you don't feel it, Career mode feels really boring compared to 5 and the Moon events and Senna events are just time trials, Sierra actually brought a new game mode but they abandoned it, The VGT cars, well the Original Designs looked way better than the final like the BMW, Peugeot, etc so yeah, Course Maker took two years to make it to the game and it's an app so yeah, not really anything to get excited, as we reach the end of GT6's Life Cycle, I honestly feel that GT5 was the better of the two since it had the GT aura that make the previous one's special and brought this sense of fun, GT6 however overall was just a GT5 3.0 in my opinion by bringing things we didn't need and bringing things too late... So yeah in the end, I feel that 5 better than 6.
I agree 100% with you on this

GT5 was more advanced for its time but realistically GT6 is far better especially in the physics level and that's the thing that matters most in a racing title. Track creator in GT6 is far better than the one in GT5 also which allowed us to have some real world track replicas too. The things I miss most from GT5 is AI which is worst and Endurance races in A spec. And some cars and tracks added are pretty important for racing history and interesting too.

Honestly... GT5 is way better than GT6 in the aspect that it felt more complete... I love the UI in GT5... Used car dealerships was amazing in gt5 and it felt like what GT4 was... an actual career... Gt6 has so many single player holes that its disappointing... I love what they did for multiplayer... although they have ****** connections with people not being able to see each other but multiplayer is great... but not fun... Honestly GT5 felt like a more professional built game then Gt6... I think that if you combine GT5's Complete feel with GT6's physics and new features, It would be a GT that a lot more people would enjoy
This. This right here. GT6 was rushed, released too soon.

GT6 is the better game no question but GT5 was such a stunning racer & the first of its kind on the PS3 that GT5 is my favourite, simply as it done it first.

I had saved up nearly 4 weeks holiday back in 2010, brought an IKEA Pöang chair, Wheel Stand Pro rig & Logitech GT Wheel just for GT5. That Christmas was essentially me and my brother taking turns playing on that game, it became a religion!

A sequel has to not only be an evolution but something new and GT6 was nothing new, just a refinement. Much like GT2, it's the better game than its predocessor but the original GT is the better experience.

GT5 wins, but it is a very close match. GT5 and GT6 are both incredible games that have provided lots of fun for me. I feel like there were more things to do in GT5 than 6, such as the course creator, more photo mode locations, special events, shuffle racing, museum card collection, and a more diverse career mode. As well, GT5 boasted the UCD and OCD (online car dealership, not obsessive-compulsive), which made car buying more fun, and each car had it's own rarity. And don't forget about GT5'S music, which was addicting. What GT5 lacked was: detailed car modifications, physics weren't as real as GT6, a fun arcade mode, and less community/online features.

On the other side, GT6 has more improved physics, a longer and more diverse car list (and more premiums), more tracks, more detailed car customization, better arcade mode, Ayrton Senna content, and community features (car clubs). GT6 lacks more interesting photo mode, car trading, a diverse career, endurance racing, shuffle, and a UCD.

IMHO GT5 was better though both games are mediocre efforts from PD in terms of polish and content. Not enough racing offline in either of them and pathetic chase the rabbit scenarios in both. No qualifying in either etc I can go on.

B-Spec was far better in GT5. GT6 B-Spec is an unimaginative tragedy. I didn't think they could do worse than GT5 B-Spec but they sure proved me wrong lol. Bob spends more time off track than on track lap after lap depending on track and car. They even have Bob and the other AI cars hitting invisible barriers all the time on many tracks like Nurburgring, Ascari etc.

So my vote is for GT5 but it isn't saying much as both games revealed PD's lack of imagination, commitment to the gamers with content, promises and just a general feeling that they put out two unfinished games in a row and charged full price. Look at the online content. Same as the chase the rabbit nonsense offline. No imagination and I'm actually surprised it sold that well considering how far the franchise has fallen.

GT5 XL...
With GTS coming soon it won't be long till GT6 online gets closed down as well, then do the compare. GT5 wins easily in offline play and content. As to the other differences between the two, the rest is nominal.

GT5 felt more like a game with more things to do and more content to some extent. Plus in my opinion, had a better soundtrack.

Edit: GT6 feels better physics wise, though.

There definitely is no fine line. Each have their pluses. GT5 had a lot of interesting features, like the used dealer, trading, dedicated B-Spec, etc. There's loads of content to play with, and in my opinion GT5 doesn't look much different from GT6. GT6 feels like it doesn't have much to do; some Quickmatches and mostly Online Lobbies (Although they're kinda lacking these days). There are obvious drawbacks though, like older physics, less cars, and the biggest: online servers being shutdown. It's hard to choose one cause both GT5 and GT6 have features that the other doesn't. To put it simply, they balance eachother out. One has wonderful GT Auto music, while the other has more Ferraris. I definitely will be playing more GT5, as well as GT6. As for when GT Sport comes out, let's just say the PS3 might collect a little dust. :sly:

GT5 XL...
With GTS coming soon it won't be long till GT6 online gets closed down as well, then do the compare. GT5 wins easily in offline play and content. As to the other differences between the two, the rest is nominal.
I get the feeling (really it's just hope) that PD doesn't shut down the servers for GT6. GT Sport feels like it's more competition/race-based, and it doesn't seem to replace the online-lobby-based way of GT6. I guess GT5 got shut down because GT6 replaced it, but I feel like GTS doesn't replace GT6. Then again I could be horribly wrong :P

Last edited:
So I know this thread is old, but I recently bought GT Sport, after playing GT6 for 5 years now. Since I’m huge fan of the series having still all previous titles on ps1, 2 and 3, I decided to round up the boys (GT4, 5 and 6) for some Nurb laps to appreciate how far GT as come now with this new title. So for GT Sport I had my hopes up, maybe to much, and I know this new title probably will never have the amount of content offline (cars, tracks, customization) as the previous ones, regardless of how many updates it receives in the future, because PD intended for this game to have a different purpose and theme than the previous titles. I get that, I’m fine with waiting for a full GT7, as I think they’ve done an impressive job with the sounds, physics, graphics, and overall it’s just a beautiful game, from the moment you get in the menus to the moment you’re racing against others in a 20 plus race. And beats the hell out of GT6 that’s for sure.

Now back to the subject of GT5 vs GT6. I was a late player on GT5, only bought the game in 2012, so just played it for a year until GT6’s arrival and at that point I made the switch completely to GT6 most of it because of the new physics and overall content (Customisation, tracks, more premiums) that the game offered. Sure, like everyone else here, I immediately missed the Top Gear track, tire and fuel depletion in arcade mode, etc, but never really cared about the menus, sounds, music and interface graphics as well as graphics in the track when playing, weather system, shadows, reflections etc. Probably because I didn’t spent enough time with GT5 to notice those differences and since 2013 I never played GT5 again. So this month took it out of my shelf and played it again and boy did it look good!! I immediately thought as I was buying a 1997 Vspec R33: “this looks like GT Sport!!” It’s beautiful!” The way you can see the car upclose when buying it, choosing a colour with different beautiful backgrounds, it’s just something that GT6 never had. Just compare buying a car in GT5 and in GT6. In GT6 the cars are static when scrolling through them in the showroom and when you pick one the car is turning slowly with that poor framerate with an annoying and lifeless white background. When customising the car, GT auto looks awesome in GT5 when compared to that blunt and flickered GT6’s GT auto. You can even see the little man changing your oil in GT5 just like in GT4. At that point I even find more satisfying customising cars in GT4 than in GT6. In GT6 you choose the changes you want to make and all you hear is those annoying sounds and you get that black screen followed by the car spinning mega fast and saying the work is done. How boring is that?

And when I took that R33 for a spin in Nurb, I immediately thought “this looks better than GT6”. Sure the interior, looks better in GT6 and you can’t compare the physics, but the lighting, shadows and colours make the all process of a lap time feel much more immersive that in GT6. Even the music in GT5 is more diverse and has a playlist much more Gran Turismoish than in GT6.

Overall, with great discomfort, I choose GT6, because those physics make up for a lot missing from GT5, but GT6 looks like a sloppy game, made in a couple of months just to make a quick release, whereas GT5 looks like a complete game, with years of dedication put in to it with that elegant and beautiful touch only PD can deliver. The same touch you see in the new GT Sport.

GT6 is just terrible. Microscopic offline mode, terrible looking menus, very few special events, no replay value, almost 0 prize cars, no endurance races, just a few new cars compared to GT5, not many new premium cars, non existent rally events... list goes on...

IMO, GT6 is the worst game of the series. GT5 is also bad, but compared to GT6, it looks like a masterpiece.

... and one more major reason GT5 is the way to go now considering both are now offline play only... GT5 has the garage editor with endless offline possibilities and time attack challenges... obviously the poll was started when GT6 was still online so the results don’t show how things really are now at this current time imho...

after playing back to back gt5 better physics and feel to it, also big fan of the used car lot to...

after playing back to back gt5 better physics and feel to it, also big fan of the used car lot to...
GT5:bowdown:GT5:tup::gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:

GT5:bowdown:GT5:tup::gtplanet:
I am playing both games, but I find playing GT6 a lot more than GT5 because all the cars are in the dealership, and that is why I am playing GT6. Ok GT5 has got the garage editor but it is not enough to play GT5 more.

Both 5 and 6 each have their own good points, I still play 6 when time permits (although it is not as much as it used to be). Recently popped 5 into my PS3 and played for a bit but 6 keeps drawing me back. Mainly for 3 reasons......
1. Corvette C7 Stingray being tunable.
2. Midfield
3. Better physics than 5 in my opinion.

But, on the down side, only in GT can you tune an El Camino to be faster than a 63 Corvette. That, should not be possible.

GTS may be great to some, but it does not seem like anything worth my buying a PS4 for. I personally will stick to the PS3 and GT5/GT6 for as long as I can.
After Shift 2, I have ABSOLUTELY zero interest in PCars.

Back