GT5 vs Real Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter deki
  • 22 comments
  • 4,105 views
Messages
148
realvsgt5_2010tonystewm5ox.png

realvsgt5_2010tonystewh51w.png


realvsgt5_autobacsartao6pz.png

realvsgt5_autobacsartaxuq0.png


realvsgt5_autobacsartaf6ix.png

realvsgt5_autobacsartah6jj.png


realvsgt5_autobacsarta15hz.png

realvsgt5_autobacsartam6wr.png


realvsgt5_lamborghinigk69h.png

realvsgt5_lamborghinig9u1q.png


realvsgt5_lamborghinigwujv.png

realvsgt5_lamborghinigguzc.png
 
Damn from where you got this screenshots?

Great!
 
Nuts. Just nuts.

Strangely I can tell which one is RL and which is in-game within a second, except for the view of the Lambo's engine. Maybe it's the lighting, but GT's models look a bit too...plastic.

Doesn't matter though, when you're racing you won't be paying attention anyway. But this is great for the Photomode buffs 👍.
 
GT5's graphics in recent screenshots and trailers just... blow me away. It's incredible.

I once had a friend who was a devoted Forza fanboy. Needless to say, I don't talk to him anymore, because I can't stand fanboyism, plus he was always ragging on me for preferring GT. We're talking someone who's so blindly devoted to Forza that he didn't want to check out GT5 screens and trailers that he hadn't even seen.

But anyway... one time he said "Gran Turismo just isn't graphical enough"

Ha... ha ha :dopey:
 
Source? 👍
 
^premium

So GT5:P cars = standard.....
 
The modeling itself is quite spot-on. I bet that using those models (and a bit more highres textures, normal mapping and some extra subdivisions for rounded corners) you could render a scene that will be almost indistinguishable from its real-life counterpart.

But it will be a while before that is possible in realtime on consoles :)
 
Strangely I can tell which one is RL and which is in-game within a second, except for the view of the Lambo's engine. Maybe it's the lighting, but GT's models look a bit too...plastic.

Bear in mind that we don't know when these shots are from. They could be months old for all we know.

They still look ace 👍
 
I don't believe they are GT5 screens, not at all. The shadows aren't dark enough, there's nothing even beyond the car models, no background. I demand proof these are from GT5.
 
Noticed a few shading errors on the Lambo wheel hub :D

The point of the pics is not to make it look exactly like the real thing, for that you need a spectral renderer and these takes hours to render! But that the details match.
 
You must see the detail, not the graphics (wich looks great)... every screw is on the right position...
 
Nice find! Looks amazing, again! Attention to detail, WOW
 
actually the Lambo wheel hub should be sunken in, not flush like it is, unless it's a different model :p
 
To me it doesn't even look like GT5's standards. PROOF it's GT5 please.
 
they're just GT5 models in the modeller, not running ingame obviously

you can see the same look in the PD studio tour pics
inside-polyphony-digital.jpg
 
It seems really GT5 stuff to me.
They could be the detail pics shown by KY during the closed door meeting.
They said that in some case it was hard to identify the real vs GT5...

I guess the doors were not completely closed ;)
 
Chiurgical works. Absolutly a.m.a.z.i.n.g....
Too much clean but it's just a bad joke.

PERFECT.
 
Wow at the screenshots....
Rome is recreated perfectly and look at Madrid too!
gran-turismo-5-20100616063158951.jpg

madrid.jpg
 
Orgasmic !

The number of brush and entity is really great.
The textures of (Casa San José ?) pink house, look not very good unfortunatly (miss some brush) to compare to Métropolis building. But it's a really marvelous maping
 
Back