GT5 worse than demo versions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NSX>GOD
  • 41 comments
  • 3,244 views
I guess this is when we can blame Sony for decreasing the quality GT5 should be. Damn you 3D that most people will never get to use or don't care about sorta like meeeeeeeee!

This next update is going to be crazy I bet. I mean, there's really only been 2 truly significant updates aside from the "launch" update. GT Driver's Club perhaps. I really can't believe there isn't much to be known about how it works/happens. They mentioned it months back and never again. It's weird.
 
Last edited:
The collision physics were definitely better on some version of the demo's, i cant understand the decision to downgrade them. Also when the game released if you rubbed a car you'd get stuck to it remember? :s they fixed that in a patch
 
Plus. They updated AI in such a short amount of time. That was pretty unexpected, at least, to me. Basically, if they can do that, why not other stuff most of us don't really expect PD to do.

E3 rumor fact

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=198525
- Polyphony Digital is back
- Polyphony Digital are returning with a new title before March 2012
- Polyphony would like to make Europe a privilege for its next title. "Please don't underestimate their work even if they disappointed some of you."


"My money is on GT5 NGP including cross platform play with the PS3 version."

He's probably right. Would kinda suck imo. I was beginning to think Kaz was all about the fact you can't plug in a steering wheel to a portable gaming device. Sorry to say, but I would be pretty mad if that's the game, considering GT PsP had all cockpits (although not detailed) and he has stated it wouldn't be a problem to have that done in GT5. There are just too many other simple, or more important, things that could be focused on in GT5. GT on the go is just not worth their time. It's not serious enough. Why would it be better to not have the option of using a steering wheel? It just seems too Nintendo-esque.
 
I noticed that the GT5 Demo had much better looking sparks than the final version.
.

I think they took them out to fix the problem of sparks coming of Carbon Fibre bodypanels and when cars were going at the same speed (shooting sparks out from light rubbing isn't realistic). However it seems rather than fix the problem, they just removed them:crazy:
 
I guess PD will always seem bizarre and illogical, but I'm sure there are reasons for the downgrades, probably technical. If what someone in this thread said is true, about gt5 being made in a programming context that is easily transferrable and upgradeable to say, a ps4, then I'm sure the gt series has a bright future once kaz isn't limited by hardware.
 
I guess PD will always seem bizarre and illogical, but I'm sure there are reasons for the downgrades, probably technical. If what someone in this thread said is true, about gt5 being made in a programming context that is easily transferrable and upgradeable to say, a ps4, then I'm sure the gt series has a bright future once kaz isn't limited by hardware.

Yeah yeah there were games on PS1 with proper collision physics, either they dont know how or they're too stubborn.
 
I guess PD will always seem bizarre and illogical, but I'm sure there are reasons for the downgrades, probably technical. If what someone in this thread said is true, about gt5 being made in a programming context that is easily transferrable and upgradeable to say, a ps4, then I'm sure the gt series has a bright future once kaz isn't limited by hardware.

There will be a limit as to what hardware can do for at least the rest of our lives so Come on PS12!
 
How about the Gran turismo academy thing that came in 2009? The one that had Nissan 370Z and Indianapolis road course. Imo, that version had drive feeling that was miles ahead of the prologue, and I was very happy, thinking the GT5 would be like that. And then :crazy: when it wasnt.
 
How about the Gran turismo academy thing that came in 2009? The one that had Nissan 370Z and Indianapolis road course. Imo, that version had drive feeling that was miles ahead of the prologue, and I was very happy, thinking the GT5 would be like that. And then :crazy: when it wasnt.

stotty has mentioned the same thing in this thread earlier, could you explain what exactly was better about it?
 
Compared to prologue, I felt that the steering wheel gave more information, and you could "feel" the weight shift and steering of the car. I can't explain it, but try iracing if you get a chance, then imagine a blend of 80% GT and 20% iracing.
 
Last edited:
Compared to prologue, I felt that the steering wheel gave more information, and you could "feel" the weight shift and steering of the car. I can't explain it, but try iracing if you get a chance, then imagine a blend of 80% GT and 20% iracing.

so overall you would say it felt better and more realistic? interesting.
 
I've been playing gt5 a lot recently, and I always thought there's plenty of sparks! But, unlike the demos, they only REALLY show up when the track your racing is not daytime... but the shadows, not that anyone would care to see, are set up in a very convoluted programming way. Shadows are created in real time, for a start, its the only way to get the time transitions looking so convincing. That's difficult. So a shadow has less detail in it the FURTHER away you go from whatever is casting it!!!
 
Back