GT5P at the British Motor Show

• Thread starter MazdaZXi
  • 66 comments
United Kingdom
Essex
clutchless
I went to the Media Day at the British Motor Show yesterday, and there were a few stands running GT5P in assorted forms.

Nissan has a bank of four booths on one side of their stand. This is where the UK GT Academy final will take place on 1 August. I completely forgot to take any pics, but the set-up is similar to the one Sony had at the GT5P launch.

On the Shell stand, they had two booths running GT5P with Audi R8s at Le Mans:
img0268qd2.jpg

And finally, there was a single booth on the Lotus stand. When I first went past it, the booth was off, but once the firm officially pulled the covers off the new Evora, the booth was on and it had the new car running on it:

img0269up7.jpg

And if you think the rear shot looks like a standard Elise, don't worry, the rear of the Evora is similar to the Elise's.

Are these clues to the autumn update? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I can understand why they are running chase cam at the Lotus stand, they want to show off their new car.

Le Sarthe is still wothout any AI cars. Nothing changed there in past year and so.

I have suspicion that PD is focusing too much on cars and interiors and they have no time to work on other aspects of the game (online system with private rooms, weather, time changes, still those past-gen tracks and whole game world like trees, meadows beside tracks etc.). It would be nice if they can offer updates with one car per two weeks and one track (even older) per two months, otherwise GT5 Prologue will slowly die.

Le Sarthe is still wothout any AI cars. Nothing changed there in past year and so.

Have to say I had to double check Le Mans was in GT5P when I first saw it. As with the Ferrari California video at the Nurburgring, Le Mans just looks like a hi-res render of the GT4 track.

Have to say I had to double check Le Mans was in GT5P when I first saw it. As with the Ferrari California video at the Nurburgring, Le Mans just looks like a hi-res render of the GT4 track.

Yupp, too bad PD is perfectionists all over. If they weren't we would have Nurb and Sarthe by now :P But when we get them it will be perfect! Probably be 2 years from now.

so le sarthre and nurburgring is definately at the motor show throughout all of the show..the show ends on august the 3rd...the same day as ford fair.

If you look at the first picture. How come the layout of the speed,revs,position etc is identical to GT4?

Don't know. Must be some hybrid pre-GT5P version or something. The fact the 2 set-ups had DFPs and not G25s, plus they weren't in the 'hoop' style booths leads me to believe its just an interim demo created for Shell/Audi.

On the first picture what are those 3 circles on the bottom left?

They're the indicators that show if traction/stability control are turned on/off.

So the last picture what car is that? Can some one find me a real life pic of the car it is? Evora? First time i hear it.

I played the Lotus one today! It said it was 'GT5: Prologue V2 Special Edition' or something on the menu screen. It only had the Lotus Evora on it from what I could tell. I've got photos of it but I can't seem to upload them properly since Photobucket has resized them to a miniscule size for no apparent reason. :/

OMG! :D yes im going this Saturday where abouts is the booth? Can anyone just go on it? I so wanna go on the La Sarthe track and try the new lotus. Show off my skills with a DFGT! anyone got exact deatils?

OMG! :D yes im going this Saturday where abouts is the booth? Can anyone just go on it? I so wanna go on the La Sarthe track and try the new lotus. Show off my skills with a DFGT! anyone got exact deatils?

It's next to the Lotus stand, you can't miss it! Anyone can go on it, it happened to be free when I got there so I had a quick go, it seemed to handle alright but the wheel wasn't fixed in correctly so it moved all over the place and made the car difficult to control.

Had some fun in a real Mazda MX-5 and a Mazda2 though! :)

It's next to the Lotus stand, you can't miss it! Anyone can go on it, it happened to be free when I got there so I had a quick go, it seemed to handle alright but the wheel wasn't fixed in correctly so it moved all over the place and made the car difficult to control.

Had some fun in a real Mazda MX-5 and a Mazda2 though! :)

ah sweet do you need to hold a licence to drive those and whats the age limit and how much? Im very interested in trying everything ther eon the day! :D

ah sweet do you need to hold a licence to drive those and whats the age limit and how much? Im very interested in trying everything ther eon the day! :D

You have to have a full UK driver's license, be over 21, and have no convictions in the last 5 years. And you can't rag them. :(

You have to have a full UK driver's license, be over 21, and have no convictions in the last 5 years. And you can't rag them. :(

Interesting. Isn't it supposed to be competitively timed?

Ah well, I'm a very smooth driver on track. I can get away with going quickly without them realising ;)

Interesting. Isn't it supposed to be competitively timed?

Ah well, I'm a very smooth driver on track. I can get away with going quickly without them realising ;)

It is, but you get a 10 second penalty if you cross the start line without being i 2nd gear, or if you touch any of the white lines near the edges of the track. Which are the where the racing line is....

Anyway here is that picture I took
DSC_0074.jpg

It is, but you get a 10 second penalty if you cross the start line without being i 2nd gear

HAH!

So basically you aren't allowed to accelerate :P Anyway, I'll be in third before I cross the start line anway ;) Is it a rolling start then or is the timing line after wherever you start?

HAH!

So basically you aren't allowed to accelerate :P Anyway, I'll be in third before I cross the start line anway ;) Is it a rolling start then or is the timing line after wherever you start?

You have to stay in 2nd for the entire track! It's a rolling start from the checquered line, the timer starts from the solid line. I basically booted it in first and then changed to 2nd at the very last second as I crossed the solid line. You also get marked on your 'mechanical sympathy' or something. I scored a 3 because my braking in the Mazda2 before the hairpin corner was 'too harsh' :lol:

My best time was 23 seconds in the Mazda2, and 25 seconds in the MX5. God knows why my MX5 lap was slower!

Back