GT5P Blu-ray vs. GT5P Download

• Thread starter turbomp301
  • 67 comments
:dunce:
yea right.......

If the reports in Edge are true, then blu-ray is the best version.

according to them the download and disk are two different versions. The download will be cheaper but will lack some important features.

The blu-ray version will be more expensive, but will have the important features, including full weather effects, and for the first time in Gt, it will have damage effects in game.

this points to on-line between blu-ray vs blu-ray, and download vs download, with no cross over like warhawk.

Actually, it has been confirmed that we are getting it. I can't dig up a link now, but I'm sure it's around here. I actually read it on the Playstation GT board. I believe MasterGT posted it.

It is here on GTPlanet.

I thank you for showing me this. Looks like I have been missing news during my study craze (damn exams!). When was this press release?

I thank you for showing me this. Looks like I have been missing news during my study craze (damn exams!). When was this press release?

Check the first page, here. It was added in the "News Update for 9-24-07", originally posted by Alpha.

There has still be no official release date. Amazon has a date of Feb. 19, and web searches will give you many results saying it's the "official" date. Sony has not gone public with a date yet.

Dude, we aren't even sure if it's coming to NA, let alone what price.

let me clarify my question.:dunce:

you can import the game or you can buy it from the PSN Store on your PS3 if you have made a japanese account.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the price would be in U.S. Dollars

I have since found the game on playasia here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ze-49-en-70-2bns.html and they want $49.90

but I plan on downloading it from the PS Store so... now I am wondering if someone knows the price in yen and converted it to USD.

I'm hoping the download will be a lil cheaper.

but I plan on downloading it from the PS Store so... now I am wondering if someone knows the price in yen and converted it to USD.

I'm hoping the download will be a lil cheaper.
6ktf61e.jpg

So the disc version:
  • ¥4,980 ($45, €31, £22)
And the download version:
  • ¥4,500 ($40, €28, £20)
With shipping & handling charges from over seas retailers nearly doubling the price and the extra time waiting for it to be shipped, the download version looks like the version to get.

I've paid £24 for mine, delivered... Hardly a doubling of the price.

Where did you order that from?

That said, if there's no difference in content between the two I think I'll still download and skip the waiting for delivery.

I've paid £24 for mine, delivered... Hardly a doubling of the price.
That's great. 👍

Unfortunately, all the retailers I have found shipping to the US are charging nearly double the retail price when combined with S&H and additional charges.

Care to share the link to or info on that retailer so other's might also enjoy the bargain?

I think it was YesAsia...

Edit: Yep - $47.99 with standard shipping.

I have paid $48.90 for GT5p at renchi and $30.55 for the Shipping Charges (tracking mail 2-5 days), but thats what you get when you live in europe (holland).

Is it going to actually release on the stated release date? You know PD! :lol:

Once its out il be ordering it.. just need to see that its out first (in Japan obviously)..

As for the topic title I think boxed is better if your a keen collector of the series, I want something tangible rather than on my PS3's HDD...

Robin

I have paid $48.90 for GT5p at renchi and $30.55 for the Shipping Charges (tracking mail 2-5 days), but thats what you get when you live in europe (holland).

I also live in Europe. I opted not to go for express shipping because I'll be away on holiday and then it'll be Christmas - it's not like I'd be able to play it even if I did get it in 2 days.

It'll be on my mat ready for me when I get back, for just £24.

Gosh are we all going to be in for a shock if it turns out to be region locked! :lol:....... I know thats not going to happen but it would be slightly funny!

...Luckily my PS3 is NTSCJ so i'm good...:)

Robin

If it's region locked I guess we'll be seeing more on e-bay then otherwise.

I very much hope that there will be a tutorial on how to add funds to the Japanese wallet for the release!! I know there are ways to add funds, but I cannot read japanese and getting through the wallet/funds menus is nearly impossible for me. :(

I read Japanese and I've tried to add my credit card to my PSN account. Goes fine until you have to enter the billing address attached to your credit card. You can only select your town from a drop-down menu. All the choices on the menu are located in Japan. Unless you actually live in Japan, purchasing and downloading the Japanese version is not possible. Kinda makes this forum topic a moot point, huh?

I read Japanese and I've tried to add my credit card to my PSN account. Goes fine until you have to enter the billing address attached to your credit card. You can only select your town from a drop-down menu. All the choices on the menu are located in Japan. Unless you actually live in Japan, purchasing and downloading the Japanese version is not possible. Kinda makes this forum topic a moot point, huh?

not actually a true statement...... that's what the pre-paid japanese credits are for :sly: so those wishing to download it can... if they purchase a prepaid card!

For those who have a japanese psn acct and have purchased a prepaid coupon to purchase gt5p.... here is a little help!! (pls be aware i do not read japanese! this is from trial and error)

1. when u click on the purchase icon when it becomes available u will most likely have 2 choices. (left) add to cart (right) purchase now
2. Click on the right side choice (purchase now)
3. The next screen i assume is asking if u want to add funds to yr acct, select the top choice, it will take u to credit card screen
4. scroll to the bottom where u have 3 choices.
5. choose the middle icon and click X
6. it will now give u screen with a further 3 choices.
7 choose the bottom icon of the 3 and click X
8 there u should be greeted with a screen to add yr coupon details.
9 Once you do this click the far right icon at the bottom of the screen.
10 This should be it!! you should have funds in yr wallet!!

obviously i have not purchased yet so there may be more to do after this but at least this will help you get this far........ good luck and i hope this is of some help :)

Where/how would one obtain one of these coupons or prepaid Japanese cards? I don't think my local Target, GameStop, nor Best Buy will have these.

Checking Play-asia and my order status has changed from 'Preorder' to 'Preparing order'...... Looking forward to it.

Where/how would one obtain one of these coupons or prepaid Japanese cards? I don't think my local Target, GameStop, nor Best Buy will have these.

play-asia sell them :) from memory i bought a 5000 yen coupon! took less than 2 weeks to arrive in the mail...... cost me approx $45 aus dollars..

Back