GT5P Online Event Update. Friday 28th 5a.m.

England
England / UK
GTP_Grim_Reaper
Just read on the news section that there is an update this Friday.

The good news is that RBE will be removed from all Expert events.

WWWHHHOOOOOO bring it on. RBE will be no more.

Finally getting closer to being a real simulator.

:dopey:

Last edited:
WOHOOOO!!! No more RBE!
Even with RBE off the racing was still very close if I found myself with same car level as my. And If someone messed up, well Good Bye to him/her heh!

And Thursday is ThanksGiving day, Friday I have off from school. So I can race with FULL belly all day on Friday ! !!!

The 5 AM .. what exact time will that be for US Eastern time?

Wow, this is great news! Although most of us wanted this, I thank super_fla for taking the opportunity to ask Kaz! No Mercy has obviously been a success!

Maybe the best news for online races since release?

WOOOOOOOOOOO :cheers: Heres to more good racing.

WOWOW NO RBE!! I just hope at least two events without tire restrictions with at least 650pp possible. That would be a dream for some of us drifters. lol

I just cant wait to see the new events!!!:cheers: :D

Now, I'm going to say this very tentatively, given that we still don't know what the events are going to be, but could this be an update no one moans about? ;)

Now, I'm going to say this very tentatively, given that we still don't know what the events are going to be, but could this be an update no one moans about? ;)

That's not a bet I'd take.

The full verbage from the NTSC region for those wondering:

The next update of online events for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed on Thursday, November 27 at approximately 12am midnight (EST).

Please look forward to the new online events! Note that in this update, all expert events will have no boost for slower cars.

Gonna be something when this happens - I agree with Jack that from a racing standpoint this may be one of the biggest things to happen since GT5P's release and this forum played a huge role in that - what a great message.

Being in software development though part of me is worried there will be NO World Event. If they imbedded the RBE logical switch in the wrong place, it might not be possible to turn it off AND have a World Event. Let's hope that is NOT the case because MrKipling43 would easily lose his bet when all the WE vs NO-RBE threads opened up. :)

This sure is great, but I know for a fact there are plenty or nice drivers out there who's only chance to hang out with the faster guys was the RBE. They had no malicious intent, just liked to be able to race with names that they knew from the forums.

Now, unfortunately, those drivers will drop farther back, into the realm of the punters. At least before they were able to share their hatred of punters with the big names.

I think that overall it is still an improvement. Those same drivers are those who are trying so hard to improve their times, and improve their performance. Seeing their improvements rewarded is easier in a non-RBE environment, so I think that in the long run this will be to their advantage.

And grim, the way you worded the first post makes me worried. What's the bad news? :nervous:

The full verbage from the NTSC region for those wondering:

The next update of online events for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed on Thursday, November 27 at approximately 12am midnight (EST).

Please look forward to the new online events! Note that in this update, all expert events will have no boost for slower cars.

Cheers Lin! The PAL news page doesn't have the info up yet.

Being in software development though part of me is worried there will be NO World Event. If they imbedded the RBE logical switch in the wrong place, it might not be possible to turn it off AND have a World Event. Let's hope that is NOT the case because MrKipling43 would easily lose his bet when all the WE vs NO-RBE threads opened up. :)

That would be some poor program design if that was the case! PD are better than that... hell, even an amateur programmer like me could get around that :) The fact that turning off RBE so quickly at the request of super_fla suggest to me that they have coded it in a way that all manor of configurations are easily done at the flick of a (logic) switch! :D

This is awesome news! Thanks PD! It's great to see PD listening to what the hardcore enthusiast want. Hopefully this trend will continue into the future. 👍

This sure is great, but I know for a fact there are plenty or nice drivers out there who's only chance to hang out with the faster guys was the RBE. They had no malicious intent, just liked to be able to race with names that they knew from the forums.

Now, unfortunately, those drivers will drop farther back, into the realm of the punters. At least before they were able to share their hatred of punters with the big names.

I think that overall it is still an improvement. Those same drivers are those who are trying so hard to improve their times, and improve their performance. Seeing their improvements rewarded is easier in a non-RBE environment, so I think that in the long run this will be to their advantage.

And grim, the way you worded the first post makes me worried. What's the bad news? :nervous:

Hopefully there won't be any. But knowing our luck there will be.

That would be some poor program design if that was the case! PD are better than that... hell, even an amateur programmer like me could get around that :) The fact that turning off RBE so quickly at the request of super_fla suggest to me that they have coded it in a way that all manor of configurations are easily done at the flick of a (logic) switch! :D

Indeed they did it quickly so then why didn't they make it a World Event - getting Prologue out was a priority that probably meant sacrificing a few things and hopefully it wasn't fully configurable logic switches. :)

As for Tz's comments, one could also argue the other way. I found what made the RBE the most horrible was that you couldn't drive the same way lap after lap which leads to horrible inconsistency in driving style. Maybe now with the RBE gone those same slower folks will get more consistent and start to challenge their uberfast friends up front leading to even more incredible races. I can only hope that is what happens - either way the punters still stay in the back. :)

Back