GT5P Online Event Update. Friday 28th 5a.m.

I'm not to fussed what others are driving, I just want a close clean race. If that means were all in the same car than so be it. Would rather that than going around by myself.

I was racing (Daytona) last night and coming flat out towards the bus stop GTR right in front, he/she braked earlier than I thought and I taped them into a spin. Being the fare driver I am I pulled over to let them catch up and pass. I pulled to a complete stop in the middle of the bus stop on the inside, out of the line. He/She came straight up behind me and punted me into the grass ahead. Why do this? was very annoying.

Hey I ran into you yesterday... but I was driving CRAP last night... so I hope we meet again so I can redeem myself.. :) 👍

pd went one step forward but two steps backward with this update.

1. 1 or 2 cars dominating an event

2. No World Events

3. No high pp events (i mean racing sports cars with ridiculous amounts of horsepower is fun but isn't that what race cars are made for?)

4. The events should not be locked to any specific tire, a driver should be allowed to use any configuration he chooses just as long as he stays within the set performance points.

/end rant

1. 1 or 2 have normally dominate a event on the first week or so. Everyone picks the easiest car to drive at first then start sorting tunes out. There is always a car that PD seem to give the upper edge. This has always been the way ever since Prologue has been out.

2. No World Event I agree.

3. No high PP races.... Sorry but that isnt a good enough arguement :lol: We cant always race s2000's etc etc. Think how boring online would get. 550PP on N3's is great fun. The 500 custom event is one of the best Ive raced in a while. Cars like the 111r are getting used for once.

4. And having specific tyre works I think. When they did the ferrari event and gave us a chioce of the S range that didnt work. Some drivers (maninly punters) went for S1 and POWERRRRR. When we raced most of us had S3's to control the car in the corners . This meant being stuck behind them in the corners and being punted in the straights and braking points. Didnt work. Giving everyone the same tyres means everyone can cary the same amount of speed through the corners and can brake in nearly the same spots. Having different tyres doesnt work.

People cutting the grass and not getting penalties at Daytona is irritating.

What else I've noticed is that there are two cars that tend to dominate - the GT-R and the California.

Because it's on S Tires, most RWD cars can't compete, or at least not that well. And any other AWD car (other than the GT-R and even that does sometimes) will get blown out the water by the California (which really needs its PP fixed). Sigh.

Yes it seems the GTR is the car to have if you want a easy win,everyone is gridding up in that car on daytona,it`ll be myself in a Z06 and 5 GTR`s and by half a lap your either surrounded by the pack or watching them glide away out of corners and pull away down the long straights while you nurse the rear end of a powerful RWD car. Come on people the GTR pracitally drives itself :(

R8 anyone? R8 vs GTR. This two cars are the fastest ones. Although I am pretty sure most of those driver are using TC like crazy. For me everything has to be off, personal opinion that's all. Also great event.

R8 anyone? R8 vs GTR. This two cars are the fastest ones. Although I am pretty sure most of those driver are using TC like crazy. For me everything has to be off, personal opinion that's all. Also great event.

Why would you need TC on? It's a 4 wheel drive car, and if you skid a little, it might actually improve your corner.

R8 vs. GT-R is a decent match-up. But I am driving neither at the moment - I've found my own car. If you race me sometime - you might just find out what it is. ^^ It is reasonably quick.

And to answer Lambo- We don't know. All we can say is that there is no RBE now. We could say that for Expert Events it may be no longer - but that would be speculation.

Back