gt5p or nfs shift .. please help

Saudi Arabia
Engine Block
hi everybody :)

i want a good racing game

but im confused

should i buy gt5 prologue or need for speed shift

i've tried nfs shift demo .. & it was awesome .. but i feel after playing it a couple of weeks you'll get bored of it

can any one help me please :guilty:

GT's Big Fan: >>> Prologue

but dont blame me if you dont like it... because that's what i would pick... (and i already did ... without any regrets)

I have both and for casual gamers I would recommend Prolouge but seeing as you are a Big GT fan then I recoomend prolouge :sly: .I have been playing Prolouge for 2 years now ,I had shift for 5 days I hate it and already got bored with it :D.

I never liked the Shift demo. Undercover was bad, now Shift is as well. Hopefully the next NFS is good.

Prologue without a doubt.

CT shows wisdom beyond his years :cool: GT5P is 1/4 the game that NFS:S is but it will entertain you 8 times longer....well thats what happened to me at least :lol:

Jerome

get shift if you have a g25 or g27. I prefer Shift with wheel over Forza 3 with a pad. GT5P is a good game but shift is more of a game and its not the most sim of a racer but it still requires some driving skill. Shift has clutch shifter support and a decent car list of the usual suspects....

Prologue, The small reason for it being a GT game is a great reason.. Prologue has around the same number of cars NFS:Shift has, It may not give you the option to customize your cars, but you can still get customized cars (Already customized), The model design, and performance accuracy of prologue is milestones away from shift, and the graphics are incredible. In terms of size, prologue is pretty small compared to NFS: Shift, (Other than the cars) prologue has few tracks and a bit of a shorter career mode (But the career mode is a bit harder than Shifts), But the game will take you very far.. As 'Jump_Ace' said, It will keep you entertained for a much longer time. (I still have loads of fun doing time trials on Fuji!)...

As for the #1 reason to buy it, The physics in Shift are pretty 'arcadey', and the whole Idea of "Cross-simulation" really turns me off.. The handling is pretty annoying too... Whilst prologue, you have incredible fun playing any car, They all have different personality and characteristics (Un-like NFS where every car feels the same).

GT5 prologue.

I would go with GT5P over Shift, hopefully we get some news from E3 on a release date for GT5. Getting some laps with GT5P will get you ready when GT5 finally gets released and into our living rooms.

Definitely GT5P, without a doubt. I tried Shift demo, and absolutely hated it. I quit after five minutes because I was already bored and sick of how it felt. GT5P may not have the quantity of Shift, but it makes up for it with quality. The graphics are amazing, all the cars have their own character, and I would think it would be cheaper, too.

GT5P and no other. But it is down to your personal preference should you decide to choose something else. I have played the NFS series since the 1990's which was pretty good back then but cannot touch GT5P now.

GT5P
GT5P
GT5P
👍👍

Wait until GT5 comes out and you may not even look at another race sim:tup:

You have asked this question in probably the most bias place you could ask it. If you asked it in the nfs forums then they would say shift. I would suggest gt5p as when/if you buy gt5 then you can transfer the cars and cash over.

To me it's like comparing apples to oranges. They are both fruit but taste different. GT5P and NFS are both games, but very different. You have to try both to figure out which one you like more. However, if I were to pick without playing both I would go got GT5P.

Shift isn't a bad game and can be quite fun if you play the career mode. Be warned though, you're likely to get bored of it quite quickly. GT5 I can sit and play all day, Shift I play for an hour and I'm bored. I don't know why, it's just the way it is.

Online play can be good, but only if you manage to find a room full of serious racers. The thing is, in shift you are rewarded for crashing in to other cars and making them spin or go off the track. So, 90% of one-line races will involve you been rammed, shunted and bashed to death.

If you do mange to find a room full of serious racers, it's very good.

I'd still pick GT5 P over it though.

If you want to try shift buy it for PC it has many mods that make it a lot better...

A rental of both of them is the best of make your own mind...

If you still got any doubts after reading al the responses.

Let me tell you!

GT5P

will be the wise choice to made

Obviously you cant get and unbiased answer to your question, when you ask in in the most dedicated GT Prologue forum.

Both are good games but diferent.

Trying to make it short.

GT5 P. Has better graphics, more realism simulation. Poor online, and not much offline content. Unless you are a really die hard fan, it wont last long before it becomes repetetive with its lack of content both offline, and online.

NFS shift. Is not as realistic as GT 5 P. id say its a blend between arcade and simulation. Graphics are good, but nowhere as good as GT 5 P. The sound is the best iwe ever expirienced in a driving game. It has lots of diferent online funtions, it has Nurburgring Nordschelife, and a lot of other really cool tracks, a lot of diferent cars and ways to advance in the offline game.

The best answer to your Quesition would be to get both games, as both are a very cheap since they are somewhat older titles now.

Obviously you cant get and unbiased answer to your question, when you ask in in the most dedicated GT Prologue forum.

Both are good games but diferent.

Trying to make it short.

GT5 P. Has better graphics, more realism simulation. Poor online, and not much offline content. Unless you are a really die hard fan, it wont last long before it becomes repetetive with its lack of content both offline, and online.

NFS shift. Is not as realistic as GT 5 P. id say its a blend between arcade and simulation. Graphics are good, but nowhere as good as GT 5 P. The sound is the best iwe ever expirienced in a driving game. It has lots of diferent online funtions, it has Nurburgring Nordschelife, and a lot of other really cool tracks, a lot of diferent cars and ways to advance in the offline game.

The best answer to your Quesition would be to get both games, as both are a very cheap since they are somewhat older titles now.

Yes the online for GT5P can be bad sometimes but by no means boring. I still play it on a very regular basis and being in the WRS just adds a bit more to the fun.

Yes it may not have all the tracks like Shift but remember it's a Prologue version ;) WHEN GT5 comes out then you can compair what tracks both have.

That said, I'd still take a 2+ year Prologue GT over shift any day
:sly:

Both are good games, but assuming that you'll only have time to really play through one before GT comes out I'd recommend Prologue. It's still an amazing game, despite it's shortcomings.

I think they are not comparable.
If you want simulation go for prologue, or wait for Sony conference at E3 (hopefully we'll get GT5 release date).

I started to be a simulation gamer as soon as I tried GT3. I cannot really play any other racing game (I would love to try forza if I had an XBox).
Of course that's only my experience

Probably not the best place to ask the question haha
I feel that Shift is a little more arcade racer compared to a racing simulator.

Posting this question on a Gran Turismo 5 message board, especially in the Gran Turismo 5 section, is really only going to yield you one answer.

Shift has fancy crashes and looks pretty. Prologue has what it has, which isn't a *lot* of content, but you can get a lot of time out of it, especially if you join the WRS. A new challenge every week.

Back