GT6 1.21 Updated Sound Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 295 comments
I wouldn't say improved personally, they did take away the Shelby Series One's nice sounding stock exhaust and apparently the Boxer sound on the older impreza's too. :ouch:

Now to say if all the cars have had sounds tweaked, I'm not 100% sure about that either.

Don't get me wrong though, from what I've heard about about the RUF BTR and Yellowbird they have improved them quite well over the previous sounds. :drool:

Some are good, some aren't so good.

True about the old Imprezas. I've been driving them most before and after the update and the exhaust tones sound fuller, but more muffled. I use the interior sound option with headphones exclusively.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the Yellowbird has changed. It actually sounds pretty damn good, too!

The Holden Commodore now has the V8 sound with the semi racing exhaust, instead of previously it using the sports exhaust for the V8 sound. Haven't tried the Racing exhaust yet to see if there is any changes.

The 2000GT-R sounds the same as before...pity. Among other cars, the 787B, Autozam AZ-3, the TVR Tamora, and the Tuscan sound pretty much the same. The exhausts are louder, however, and they aren't overly muffled by the engine whine.

The HPA TT sounds bit same but far much raspier. I even thought its being added some AES system.
It's definitely samples, but the sound does seem to match a HPA-twin-turbo'd VR6 quite well.
I tested out the Focus ST, and it just sounds weird. I'm on the fence about it.

It's one of my favorites, and i created a tune based on the Focus RS500. (Pretty "B.A" actually)

Any thoughts on it's sound though?

The standard sound seems like it's set up wrong: the exhaust is too quiet. I can just hear a proper five cylinder note in there, but it's dominated by the flow noise garnish effect that PD put on the exhaust sound. It's probably not supposed to be like that. That's an uncharacteristic mistake, incidentally - at least, I'm not aware of a volume issue on any other car.

All the other exhausts use four-cylinder samples.

It's definitely samples, but the sound does seem to match a HPA-twin-turbo'd VR6 quite well.

The standard sound seems like it's set up wrong: the exhaust is too quiet. I can just hear a proper five cylinder note in there, but it's dominated by the flow noise garnish effect that PD put on the exhaust sound. It's probably not supposed to be like that. That's an uncharacteristic mistake, incidentally - at least, I'm not aware of a volume issue on any other car.

All the other exhausts use four-cylinder samples.

My ears pickup exactly what you described. It's like, they almost had it down.

I hear the potential.

Minor thread bump. :)

Two more cars to add to the list.

Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00 - sounds like the SLS AMG now. 👍

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 - No longer has the sound it had since its debut in GT3, was an ok sound, but it sounds nicer now IMO. :)

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 - No longer has the sound it had since its debut in GT3, was an ok sound, but it sounds nicer now IMO. :)
Yeah, the original sample was unique enough, now it's even more so.

They messed with the Jaguar sounds and did much more harm than good. The XKR R Performance '02 got the mediocre XKR-S sample, the XK '07 got the standard Jaguar sample and worst of all, the '10 XKR's great unique sound was replaced by the standard sample. :confused:

They messed with the Jaguar sounds and did much more harm than good. The XKR R Performance '02 got the mediocre XKR-S sample, the XK '07 got the standard Jaguar sample and worst of all, the '10 XKR's great unique sound was replaced by the standard sample. :confused:

Awh :(, the XKR '02 original sound sample was unique...

Any changes to sports/semi/racing exhaust sounds?

Awh :(, the XKR '02 original sound sample was unique...

Are you sure you mean the '02? It had the standard Jaguar sample. But it has smooth automatic shifts which makes it unique in GT, it still has them now. The S-Type still has the standard Jag sound with the auto now.

The 2010 meanwhile had unique sound, with boring normal shifts.

Any changes to sports/semi/racing exhaust sounds?

Oh right, forgot to mention, I did check the old and new XKR exhausts hoping their former stock sound is still available that way, but nope.

Last edited:

Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00 - sounds like the SLS AMG now. 👍

I like the Cobra R sound now. Does seem weird having it sound different after 15 years of sounding like it did. Only thing I wish is when you super charge it I wish the sample would be the premium 05 Ford Gt sound. I know technically not the same, but I love the GT sound and it's still a blown 5.4.

I didn't notice this before, but I looked at a replay of the Mazda LM55 Super Lap I did last year and it had a lot of that crisp popping that both Alpine VGTs had.

I didn't notice this before, but I looked at a replay of the Mazda LM55 Super Lap I did last year and it had a lot of that crisp popping that both Alpine VGTs had.
It was fiddled with a lot over the course of several updates, and is a sort of "global" feature of the method that was already present in the Red Bull X cars. So playing back an old replay with the new model still means it sounds like the new model. Not that there's really anything fundamentally different, just that it's a bit more sensitive now to transitions and noise in the driving waveform than before.

Back