GT6 1.21 Updated Sound Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by FrzGT, Sep 30, 2015.

1. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

True about the old Imprezas. I've been driving them most before and after the update and the exhaust tones sound fuller, but more muffled. I use the interior sound option with headphones exclusively.

ProjectF likes this.
  2. JTB10000

JTB10000

The RUF CTR2 has changed too. It sounds exactly like the Yellowbird now.

synchromesh and ProjectF like this.
  3. regnar

regnar Premium

ProjectF and dimassa19 like this.
  4. TS050

TS050 Premium

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the Yellowbird has changed. It actually sounds pretty damn good, too!

5. JDMTRB28R

JDMTRB28R

The Holden Commodore now has the V8 sound with the semi racing exhaust, instead of previously it using the sports exhaust for the V8 sound. Haven't tried the Racing exhaust yet to see if there is any changes.

6. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Okay...i admit that my sound comparison aren't as good as i expected because i focused on the course maker too much and i was in a hurry so sorry...

(1:27)

7. Max911

Max911

The 2000GT-R sounds the same as before...pity. Among other cars, the 787B, Autozam AZ-3, the TVR Tamora, and the Tuscan sound pretty much the same. The exhausts are louder, however, and they aren't overly muffled by the engine whine.

TomBrady, ProjectF and Griffith500 like this.
  8. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

They changed the Jaguar XKR R Performance '02 to sound like the XFR. It kinda sucks because that was my favourite jag sound in the game.

ProjectF likes this.
  9. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

The Fairlady 350Z ST (The standard car one) now has the 370Z sound. Previously it was a different sound than the 370Z and the premium 350Z.

dimassa19 likes this.
  10. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Le Mans Quattro changed.

From 2000 Falcon to R8 GT3.

11. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

The HPA TT sounds bit same but far much raspier. I even thought its being added some AES system.

12. GTvsForza

GTvsForza Premium

Can anyone put up videos of the new sounds?

13. BrodieBoi94

BrodieBoi94

I tested out the Focus ST, and it just sounds weird. I'm on the fence about it.

It's one of my favorites, and i created a tune based on the Focus RS500. (Pretty "B.A" actually)

Any thoughts on it's sound though?

14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I can do that if anyone wants. I'll have to look and see what cars I have, but I can do it.

15. Griffith500

Griffith500

It's definitely samples, but the sound does seem to match a HPA-twin-turbo'd VR6 quite well.
    The standard sound seems like it's set up wrong: the exhaust is too quiet. I can just hear a proper five cylinder note in there, but it's dominated by the flow noise garnish effect that PD put on the exhaust sound. It's probably not supposed to be like that. That's an uncharacteristic mistake, incidentally - at least, I'm not aware of a volume issue on any other car.

All the other exhausts use four-cylinder samples.

Rotorist and BrodieBoi94 like this.
  16. BrodieBoi94

BrodieBoi94

My ears pickup exactly what you described. It's like, they almost had it down.

I hear the potential.

Griffith500 likes this.
  17. Vic Reign93

Vic Reign93 Premium

Minor thread bump. :)

Two more cars to add to the list.

Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00 - sounds like the SLS AMG now. :tup:

Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 - No longer has the sound it had since its debut in GT3, was an ok sound, but it sounds nicer now IMO. :)

18. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Yeah, the original sample was unique enough, now it's even more so.

19. KiroKai

KiroKai

They messed with the Jaguar sounds and did much more harm than good. The XKR R Performance '02 got the mediocre XKR-S sample, the XK '07 got the standard Jaguar sample and worst of all, the '10 XKR's great unique sound was replaced by the standard sample. :confused:

20. Kitten

Kitten

Awh :(, the XKR '02 original sound sample was unique...

21. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Any changes to sports/semi/racing exhaust sounds?

22. KiroKai

KiroKai

Are you sure you mean the '02? It had the standard Jaguar sample. But it has smooth automatic shifts which makes it unique in GT, it still has them now. The S-Type still has the standard Jag sound with the auto now.

The 2010 meanwhile had unique sound, with boring normal shifts.

Oh right, forgot to mention, I did check the old and new XKR exhausts hoping their former stock sound is still available that way, but nope.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  23. JTB10000

JTB10000

The Aston Martin V8 Vantage has lost its distinctive sound. Sounds like a generic muscle car now.

24. STANG GT 01

STANG GT 01

I like the Cobra R sound now. Does seem weird having it sound different after 15 years of sounding like it did. Only thing I wish is when you super charge it I wish the sample would be the premium 05 Ford Gt sound. I know technically not the same, but I love the GT sound and it's still a blown 5.4.

25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I didn't notice this before, but I looked at a replay of the Mazda LM55 Super Lap I did last year and it had a lot of that crisp popping that both Alpine VGTs had.

26. Griffith500

Griffith500

It was fiddled with a lot over the course of several updates, and is a sort of "global" feature of the method that was already present in the Red Bull X cars. So playing back an old replay with the new model still means it sounds like the new model. Not that there's really anything fundamentally different, just that it's a bit more sensitive now to transitions and noise in the driving waveform than before.