GT6: 15th Anniversary Collectors Edition.

• Thread starter Grayfox
  • 98 comments
Australia
Australia
I_Grayson_Fox_I
To all Australians.

This is can only be gotten from EBGames.

Non Australian's look for the same kind of thing where you live

https://ebgames.com.au/ps3-154277-Gran-Turismo-6-Anniversary-Edition-PlayStation-3

154277_packshot_l.jpg

Comes with the following
The Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition Contains:

Gran Turismo 6 game
Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook (Design not final)
And the following digital content
1 million in-game credits
20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement
Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars
Apex II, a brand new updated version of the Apex game guide

Pre-Ordered mine as these things sell out fast.

Last edited:
No problem, the refresh button has been put to good use over the last couple of weeks 👍

Damn, $115 for a copy - almost twice the price of US version :crazy:
I've got many PS3 games from different regions - always look for the best deal :) DLC can be bought with PSN prepaid cards.

No problem, the refresh button has been put to good use over the last couple of weeks 👍

I'm going to try and not come back here until I get it..:lol: so the remaining 100+ cars will be a suprise..I bet I will though.:crazy:

Yes,but this edition(or similar) will be spread everywhere it seems.

Perhaps misinformation in the first case then? because it seems odd in my mind to offer these things as a reward for pre-ordering the standard edition only to then suddenly change their mind and charge 20 extra dollars for the same incentives.

£65 for a steelbook and some digital stuff? Are they kidding?

My thoughts exactly, there's surely got to be more for the additional price.. maybe there's been a mix up that's somehow spread across multiple stores.

Frankly I'd prefer a discount on a DLC season pass or something as a pre-order incentive than all of this guff.

Gamestop version seems to be the perfect choice :) I think they can send to Europe and Australasia. DLC released later on needs to be bought from US PSN store, prepaid cards sold online. Good alternative than the overpriced ones.

Seems alright to me,though to be fair I won't use all of this from the get go this time,that was a mistake in GT5.

£65 for a steelbook and some digital stuff? Are they kidding?

From the european brand manager:
Glad you like the line up! The RRP for the Standard Edition is €69.99, Anniversary Edition RRP is €79.99 or local market equivalent prices
Thats just about 65£.

But we all know retailers often sell them at lower prices. 70 euro for the standard game is unlickely.

EDIT: They offer it everywhere now, even here where I live. Costs 1.5 times as much though...

Well no, that's why I said "they" and not "you".

That's the first one I've found, others will do it cheaper at some point. Once other stores get it they be after your pre-order.

Should be able to grab it for less than £65 soon enough.

Seems alright to me,though to be fair I won't use all of this from the get go this time,that was a mistake in GT5.

You think 30 quid for a steelbook and digital items is alright?

From the european brand manager:

Thats just about 65£.

But we all know retailers often sell them at lower prices. 70 euro for the standard game is unlickely.

Well true, as above the standard version will be £35 - 37, hence why if that 65 for the collectors edition is the real price it's a rip off.

A steelbook and digital stuff shouldn't be more than £50.

Considering how much the special editions were for GT5 and that I don't have my eye on too much else at the moment(apart from my new tv which is already covered) then I don't have a problem with it no.

Edit: I see it as doing what I have to to get what I want,but if it wasn't PD/GT then I would think twice about it.

You think 30 quid for a steelbook and digital items is alright?

Well true, as above the standard version will be £35 - 37, hence why if that 65 for the collectors edition is the real price it's a rip off.

A steelbook and digital stuff shouldn't be more than £50.
I guess many retailers don't need to set low prices because they know that special editions will sell decent anyway.

Considering how much the special editions were for GT5 and that I don't have my eye on too much else at the moment(apart from my new tv which is already covered) then I don't have a problem with it no.

Edit: I see it as doing what I have to to get what I want,but if it wasn't PD/GT then I would think twice about it.

lol, so basically you're happy for PD to rip you off.

I didn't say I was "happy" I said,I see it as doing what I had to,If I didn't want these items,I'd of ordered the regular version.

Apex 2 book is a physical copy? I read somewhere about a downloadable book.
Edit it's digital.

Apex 1 I struggled to read because of small print and bad colour design. Red print on black paper at microscopic levels forced me to stop reading.

At least buyers will stand out with there custom helmets.

Last edited:
I didn't say I was "happy" I said,I see it as doing what I had to,If I didn't want these items,I'd of ordered the regular version.

Makes me wonder how much you would have paid with that reasoning.

Unless the price miraculously comes down to £50 I'll be pre-ordering the standard edition, or getting it as part of a bundle with a PS4 if the price is good. edit: derp.

So how much would it have to be for you to consider going without? 75? 80? 100?

See the sig Simon, there's people that will pay through the nose for this stuff.
One guy around here bought Aliens colonial marines because he likes the sound of the guns.

I think Sony realise this will be the lowest selling GT to date. Not a slur on the game by any means but due to timing. Essentially it will almost be a last gen game when it releases. Obviously they want some ROI on it. I'm not surprised anymore by anything.

Back