GT6 Course Maker is only usable online ?

Kuwait
Kuwait
I don't know if this issue was taken in count or was mentioned the same way this thread does so i've decided to post it just in case.
I'm afraid if they shut off the servers - we won't be able to use course maker in the future & all of our hard worked circuits will be only available in our Tablets but not accessable without signing in online.
Why not making it just like GT5 so that we can still try our courses offline ?
So we can only use it in arcade mode after signing in ?
Why not also available offline ?
If GT6 forces players to sign-in to get rid of the hacks on courses maps - that issue isn't as important as the cars hacks & races hacks.
So what do you all folks think ?

Maybe PD only programmed GT6 to use courses online since you can share your track with others through the .apks programming.

I hate when any company does this, and it wastes what was promised from the start.

I didn't hear anything about PD/Sony being in court over this issue so I don't think anything happened at all.

And I agree with you about them closing down the GT6 servers. If the course maker app is still going to function the way it does right now (sign in to PSN then upload to PS3), I'd say we're screwed when GT6 is done with. Look at all the hard work and effort put into the Modified Track Path Editor thread for example; some of the stuff in there is truly amazing!

From the start, Polyphony definitely took some wrongs turn down the road:
1) Being two years late.
2) Must be online.
3) Must have an iOS device or Android tablet updated to a certain version. (You can use it on Android phones through using the .apk install method. Bluestacks is also a method that can be used for PC. But seriously, these are NOT official ways so you can't really count them.)
4) Theme selection is limited. (What happened to the Ronda course maker location?)
5) Too many limitations on the official app. (That's why there's a modified app out there in the first place.)

I am really hoping PD alters how the app works so you don't need to be connected to PSN after the servers are shut down. Maybe something where you can create the track from your tablet/device, transfer it to a USB flash drive, then import it into GT. But to tell you the truth, that seems very unlikely in my eyes. Hours of hard work will most likely go down the drain, sadly.

Like the usual with Polyphony, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I already have an way to get the track data made without the apk. And another way to get it made with the apk and make it save it to your tablet/phone. So getting the data isn't an issue.

However, loading it into the PS3 is. As far as I know, you can't access any coursemaker tracks without going online.

There is 4 tracks that are saved in the ps3, the sample tracks. I can add own tracks to that list on CFW console but still can't access them because I would need to go online and I don't do that with my CFW console. Someone could be able to patch it so that you can load them offline but it would again be with CFW console only :(.

However, having these 4 tracks already saved in the PS3 for basically a possible offline use could mean that they might implement an offline method when the servers go down?

Edit:
There is a function in the apk made by PD that saves the track but it's not connected to anything (any button for example). Could be for debugging but could also be made already for a later offline usage.

Last edited:
If course maker tracks are compatible with a future title, then the official solution is likely that - upgrade.

Currently you can't even load a track without being connected to PSN.

I guess they would do the same as on GT5: Once servers are shut down, 1-2 updates to fix that issue.

I already have an way to get the track data made without the apk. And another way to get it made with the apk and make it save it to your tablet/phone. So getting the data isn't an issue.

However, loading it into the PS3 is. As far as I know, you can't access any coursemaker tracks without going online.

There is 4 tracks that are saved in the ps3, the sample tracks. I can add own tracks to that list on CFW console but still can't access them because I would need to go online and I don't do that with my CFW console. Someone could be able to patch it so that you can load them offline but it would again be with CFW console only :(.

However, having these 4 tracks already saved in the PS3 for basically a possible offline use could mean that they might implement an offline method when the servers go down?

Edit:
There is a function in the apk made by PD that saves the track but it's not connected to anything (any button for example). Could be for debugging but could also be made already for a later offline usage.

I wonder if we could fake the GT6 server with a proxy ?
Worth investigating. It would be epic.

Didn't even occur to me that when they kill off GT6 we won't be able to use our track's anymore :(

Looks like I'm definitely going back to GT5 for my single player fix.

GTSport isn't looking like my cup of tea so it looks likely that I'll be jumping ship & waiting for the Scorpio & Forza 7.

I wonder if we could fake the GT6 server with a proxy ?
Worth investigating. It would be epic.

I've had a glimpse at it because - same idea some months or even a year ago (can't remember when exactly). My goal was, to have a configurable seasonal editor (even when the official servers are "down" in the future). From what I saw, it seems to be a no go. I might be wrong with this, but I couldn't imagine how to bypass "some stuff" that I saw.

Really can't post anything further here, sorry.

*EDIT*

I don't have any knowledge on that area though :(. Yet again, didn't have any when I first started modding GT5 and now I'm doing things I never thought I could be doing.

That's the spirit :D

Last edited:
Back